Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Borla Hiss Fix SOlution Found Maybe!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:49 PM
Zfan808

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssgohan434
^ see thats one thing that confuses me. If im cruising at 2.5k rpms or anything in top gear... there's no noise. It's only when I push my foot completely down that you hear like a click click injector noise , that lasts till like 3.7k or 4k rpm. Ive been driving just assuming its normal. And it can't be some bad fuel that got in because everything was A-ok pre-exhaust and testpipes install by a shop, right after I picked it up it made those firing noises I assumed normal. Another thing that may help is that the noises are only there when the car is underload.. like 5th or 4th gear going 35ish (5AT btw) and I push the pedal. If the car was in 1st or second and I go WOT from a launch, there are no noises. Same thing with the car in neutral, no noises from inside or outside the car. Maybe its trying to tell me to shift into a lower gear in morse code
I wish you could post a sound clip of the clicking sound so we could tell exactly what kind of clicking it is. I was just thinking... You have TP and exhaust now. Your Air/Fuel ratio might be a bit off without a tune/reflash or possibly resetting the stock ECU. If your A/F is running lean, perhaps, then the clicking sound could be the ping or knock sound associated with pre-detonation (caused by running lean or using crappy octane gas) when the engine is under heavy load, such as WOT in high gear from low RPM. Before you tear everything apart, try using an octane booster, or somehow retard the timing, or find a way to read your A/F ratio. Whatever you do, try these things one at a time, so you know for sure what it is. I think you might find more answers that way before doing anything else more costly. Just a suggestion.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:38 AM
ssgohan434

^ good suggestions. Cars in storage right now and I'm at college... I'll be sure to check these things and post up a clip if I can capture the noise on video over spring break. All the youtube videos I looked up of pinging and knocking sound very severe and are audible at idle. But then again, it could be anything. Thanks

edit: forgot to mention I have spacer and JWT intake also. The spacer was installed after the exhaust/testpipes... so the noise was already present before the spacer install, ruling out the spacer as source of problem.

Last edited by ssgohan434; 01-25-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:29 AM
DraGonAlchemist

you know. .check your oil. .you could have valve knock. .cause maybe the hydrolic lifter's aren't filling up with oil unless your pushing the engine. .there is a TSB ( technical service bulletin) about noise from low psi of oil if there's not enough or the pumps not sucking enough oil out of the pan unless your in higher rpms spinning the pump harder in order to suck up the oil~~see if the noise is oil related and check the oil psi with a gauge at the oil psi switch port. . .could also be the timing chains loose at low rpm. .and tightens up in higher rpm range/vvt (variable valve timing) solenoid could be bad as well on either side of the engine the click might be that although it's a new car wit low miles anything is possible. .