Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

07-08 Nismo Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:13 AM
itsjiggajames

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidpham
alvin -

i definitely agree with you. i just don't know here to buy the catback exhaust itself. basically, i'm under the impression that my stock exhaust is different than the nismo, because when i drove the 08 nismo, it DEFINITELY sounded different than stock. the y-pipe and mid-pipe are the same right? so all i need is the cat and tips?
Bro, you need the y pipe and mid pipe if you want any slight performance upgrade. The nismo Exhaust tips actually hang lower because of the rear bumper, so it'd look tacky on your car. The nismo only has a rear section muffler.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:50 PM
davidpham

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
Bro, you need the y pipe and mid pipe if you want any slight performance upgrade. The nismo Exhaust tips actually hang lower because of the rear bumper, so it'd look tacky on your car. The nismo only has a rear section muffler.
thanks for the advice. i was under the impression that my stock 08 already has a ypipe and mid pipe that is the same as the one sold with the nismo setup. in any case, point taken. i'm slowly being swayed to stillen. haha.

i just wish i wasn't so **** about sticking with nismo parts.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:50 PM
davidpham

thanks for the advice. i was under the impression that my stock 08 already has a ypipe and mid pipe that is the same as the one sold with the nismo setup. in any case, point taken. i'm slowly being swayed to stillen. haha.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:54 PM
davidpham

Old 02-13-2008, 06:20 PM
itsjiggajames

lol hitting the reply button excessively? I have an 07 too. The oem y pipe and mid pipe look like **** compared to nismos. i too wanted stillen duals, but just went with the nismos for the sound / looks / nismo name / quality of the construction. I honestly think the nismo exhausts build quality is VERY nice.. I bought mine used, never take care of it. When i wipe if down when i'm washing my car it looks new again.. Love it. BTW if you get the stillen please get the dual wall.. forget the single wall tips. Looks cheap.

Last edited by itsjiggajames; 02-13-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:35 PM
hiz-n-herz

Originally Posted by davidpham
i test drove the 08 nismo before i bought my base. i've still been lusting for the sound of that throaty exhaust. i'm pretty sure i'm gonna go nismo and pair it with the dual nismo intake.
Just keep in mind that the 07 and 08 Nismo z's don't use the Nismo intakes. I'd stick with the stock intake...
Old 02-13-2008, 08:53 PM
davidpham

lol hitting the reply button excessively? I have an 07 too. The oem y pipe and mid pipe look like **** compared to nismos. i too wanted stillen duals, but just went with the nismos for the sound / looks / nismo name / quality of the construction. I honestly think the nismo exhausts build quality is VERY nice.. I bought mine used, never take care of it. When i wipe if down when i'm washing my car it looks new again.. Love it. BTW if you get the stillen please get the dual wall.. forget the single wall tips. Looks cheap.
man. you're quickly selling me on the nismo. i want the tips that come on the new nismo Z's so bad!!
Old 02-14-2008, 05:18 AM
singh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^
Get the Nismo. You won't regret it. IMO it's the best sounding exhaust for our Z cars. I'm going to make my purchase in the next couple of weeks. It will be the first mod I do to my 07.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:26 PM
pinoiZ

Originally Posted by Allen331
I believe the 08 Nismo's only have a different muffler. Otherwise, the exhaust is the same as stock, as in same y-pipe and mid-pipe
08 nismo i think got a bigger exhaust tip