Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

>>PowerHouse Amuse Exhaust Club<<

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 11:10 AM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AFKGuy
Please post a pic once your done w/ that custom heat shield for the evap cansister or a DIY would be great.

On my 1st set, i had to completely take out my evap canister bcoz it was rubbing it pretty bad even without the heatshield. I ran without my evap canister for a good 12-13k (if i remember correctly) and never had a problem. Also bought that cipher program to get rid of the CEL/SES light.
No problem, will do, it may be a few more weeks on the custom heat shield.

Btw, here are a couple of the installed pics with views of clearance b/w amuse and canister--the nismo harder exhaust bushings helped out a great deal ot make sure the muffler doesnt move:

Old 04-10-2008, 11:17 AM
jonnylaw

Not too sure if it's 3", need more info but can't seem to find some.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=6284
http://www.webamuse.co.jp/new/produc...lent_gold.html

3 inches to 2.3 inches canisters, exiting 4 inch tail pipes (approximate metric to inches)
Old 04-10-2008, 11:18 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had one for 3 years now..it's getting kinda beat up.. and the tips turned a goldish hue from the heat over time

Old 04-10-2008, 11:20 AM
jonnylaw

^^what's beat up about it--the pics looks fine. Any recent pics with view of the more "golden" tips after extended use? You have "A" tips? Thx.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:24 AM
PikesPeakZ

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leemik
I've had one for 3 years now..it's getting kinda beat up.. and the tips turned a goldish hue from the heat over time

Mike every time you post your car I drool. Clean well put together ride man.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:29 AM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least you're not calling it an "army". That would be really gay.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:32 AM
leemik
!

Thanks guys
Originally Posted by jonnylaw
^^what's beat up about it--the pics looks fine. Any recent pics with view of the more "golden" tips after extended use? You have "A" tips? Thx.
The muffler part looks pretty good still but the tips are very gold colored now and i had a "curb accident" with one of the tips last month so one tip got a little scratched up and bent slightly too..

I'll take some close up pics this weekend of the goldness. The gold makes it look a little dingy
Old 04-10-2008, 11:37 AM
jonnylaw

Thanks guys The muffler part looks pretty good still but the tips are very gold colored now and i had a "curb accident" with one of the tips last month so one tip got a little scratched up and bent slightly too..

I'll take some close up pics this weekend of the goldness. The gold makes it look a little dingy
Thanks bro. sorry 2 hear bout ur minor curb accident. I assume you have "A" tips. Does the goldern color really look that bad? By "dingy" do you mean "dirty"? When did the color of the tips start changing?

Nice, clean ride BTW!

I wonder what would happen to "B" tips after extended use--if the color would change too, or if it's only the "unburnt" plain titanium sections that turn a golden hue In AFK's pictures in his first post, it looks like the plain titan sections on the b pipe and part of the muffler turned to a bluish hue, not golden?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:38 AM
terrorist22

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ghlight=messed

Special "bent" version.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:48 AM
leemik
!

Yes, I have the "A" tips.. I found a pic taken 6 months ago.. Tips were totally clean when taken.. you can see it's goldish color now.. def not silver metallic anymore.. however if you look under my car the B pipe turned blueish purple and gold..

Last edited by leemik; 04-10-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:01 PM
leemik
!

Does the goldern color really look that bad? By "dingy" do you mean "dirty"? When did the color of the tips start changing?
Yes it does look kinda dirty like that.. it's a dark goldish type color.. The tips started changing ~2 years..

I think the gold might be desirable tho.. I saw some Suby guy spray vynil shine on his muffler and tail pipes and then proceded to heat it up to make it turn gold because he wanted the "titanium look" .. at the time I didn't know what he was talking about because my tips were still shiny silverish..
Old 04-10-2008, 12:44 PM
AFKGuy

^^ Welcome to the Club! I'm glad you still have your amuse!

Originally Posted by terrorist22
Yeah saw this awhile back. Are you planning on getting rid of it and get another one?

Thanks bro. sorry 2 hear bout ur minor curb accident. I assume you have "A" tips. Does the goldern color really look that bad? By "dingy" do you mean "dirty"? When did the color of the tips start changing?

Nice, clean ride BTW!

I wonder what would happen to "B" tips after extended use--if the color would change too, or if it's only the "unburnt" plain titanium sections that turn a golden hue In AFK's pictures in his first post, it looks like the plain titan sections on the b pipe and part of the muffler turned to a bluish hue, not golden?
If i remember correctly, it started to turn gold-ish, kinda like **** looking color. I didn't noticed it turning more blue-ish coz i got it like that from the 1st owner. But overtime, i see some new purple-ish color starting to show.

It does looks gorgeous either way.

Last edited by AFKGuy; 04-10-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:04 PM
terrorist22

Yeah saw this awhile back. Are you planning on getting rid of it and get another one?
There were a lot of offers for it, but nobody followed through. I thought about changing it for a Fujitsubo or a used Amuse, but I am pretty much done modding my car. I would probably sell the thing super-cheap if I get a new car, since I want to get something better suited for daily driving

Last edited by terrorist22; 04-10-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:03 PM
AFKGuy

There were a lot of offers for it, but nobody followed through. I thought about changing it for a Fujitsubo or a used Amuse, but I am pretty much done modding my car. I would probably sell the thing super-cheap if I get a new car, since I want to get something better suited for daily driving
Goodluck. If you see a used amuse exhaust up forsale in the marketplace be sure to be quick coz they sell pretty fast.

Jonnylaw, thanks for the pics. Gives me better idea on how to properly wiggle my way thru that evap canister.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:36 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

One day.... Such an awesome Piece of work...

Chris
Old 04-11-2008, 08:22 AM
terrorist22

Oh, as for the EVAP canister thing... my mechanic just remove a lot of other shields that are apparently on the outboard side of the car. This allowed him to move the EVAP canister a little more outboard; hence no need for heat wrap.

It would have cost me 400-500 for somebody to cut the flange off and weld a piece of tapered Ti tubing to make the muffler appear straight, but at that point that was too much money.

So I'm guessing there are less than 10 people w/ Amuse on this website?
Old 04-11-2008, 08:44 AM
AFKGuy

Oh, as for the EVAP canister thing... my mechanic just remove a lot of other shields that are apparently on the outboard side of the car. This allowed him to move the EVAP canister a little more outboard; hence no need for heat wrap.

It would have cost me 400-500 for somebody to cut the flange off and weld a piece of tapered Ti tubing to make the muffler appear straight, but at that point that was too much money.

So I'm guessing there are less than 10 people w/ Amuse on this website?
That is a lot of $$$ to spend just to fix it.

I know there's atleast 3-4 of us here in Socal thats sporting the Amuse. My old set is still in very good condition and well taken care-of by a member here. For sure there's 2 Amuse floating around in SoCal
Old 04-11-2008, 10:10 AM
leemik
!

If you have a Track model Z you also have to remove one of your rear track diffusers to fit this exhaust..
Old 04-11-2008, 10:15 AM
jonnylaw

If you have a Track model Z you also have to remove one of your rear track diffusers to fit this exhaust..
correct. I am also working with someone on trying to make a custom one of these too.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:32 PM
AFKGuy

^Make sure to keep us updated on that bro!

Anyways, another Amuse Exhaust in the Marketplace:
https://my350z.com/forum/exhaust/351121-amuse-r1-titan-exhaust3.html

One of the Tip is slightly damaged. His asking price: $1350

Good deal or Not a good deal?

Also, done cutting a couple vinyl decals of that official PowerHouse Amuse Logo. I'll post some pics later.

Quick Reply: >>PowerHouse Amuse Exhaust Club<<