Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

>>PowerHouse Amuse Exhaust Club<<

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:07 PM
AFKGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default >>PowerHouse Amuse Exhaust Club<<

Just wanted to know how many Amuse Exhaust Owners are out there. Here we can have our own little thread and discuss stuff like how to properly clean..., polish..., wax..., keep it shiny... etc...

Here's my 1st Set of Amuse back in 2006 (Sold) :

Full Amuse Exhaust Setup (R1 Titanium Exhaust + R1000 Titanium Y-pipe / integrated Straight Pipe) :

Here's my 2nd Set - Welcome Back Home, My Amuse (Current) :

I know you Amuse Owners are still out there, so post up!
Old 04-08-2008, 09:16 PM
creationv2

O_O amuse...psh after you were talking about such parts are difficult on a DD lol

the piece is beautiful though =D
Old 04-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice. Are you getting that R1000 y-pipe again.

Oh and you went from the Amuse to a blitz exhaust?
Old 04-08-2008, 09:41 PM
AFKGuy

Originally Posted by creationv2
O_O amuse...psh after you were talking about such parts are difficult on a DD lol

the piece is beautiful though =D
Yep i had to seriously think about it. Not only it was one of the cleanest Amuse Exhaust i've seen in the Marketplace it was fairly priced too. Right now a brand new one will cost you around $2,7xx + Tax + Shipping (Perf. Nissan) and B-Tail is extra - Not to mention a good 3-6months wait (correct me if i'm wrong). Some Vendors have it listed for $3,xxx maybe free shipping?.

I know there was price jump on titanium, a year or two ago this exhaust cost around $2,2xx.

Right now, I'm only planning on running w/ it on Summer/Dry Season. And also avoiding places i'm not familiar with lol... First thing i need to do - is to look for a insurance company that covers mods. Once i get that straightened out then i'll most likely put this badboy on again. I'll be installing this myself on Saturday, it's gonna be fun

Originally Posted by Sensi09
Nice. Are you getting that R1000 y-pipe again.

Oh and you went from the Amuse to a blitz exhaust?
R1000 Y-pipe was discontinued long time ago (2004-2005) probably just special order but who knows. And besides i can't use it, i have an 07 now.

Yeah Amuse to Blitz, then back to Amuse.

Last edited by AFKGuy; 04-08-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:21 AM

Amuse club member here...

Cheers,
D
Old 04-09-2008, 09:45 AM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

werd. AFK what y pipe r u using? And my Amuse only sees warm water and microfibre for cleaning It's held up like a champ.

Also, most insurance companies can offer extra insurance on car mod's. Basically what you need to do is get an appraisal from a shop for the total value of your mod's/car, then hand that over to the insurance compnay for a qoute--it's actually what I am in the process of doing right now, but I was going to wait until I get my s/c installed

Last edited by jonnylaw; 04-09-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:12 AM
AFKGuy

^^ Welcome my Amuse Brothers.

Later this week, i'll try to post-up some sound clips. Feel free to post it up if you guys got any.

Right now, i'm sticking w/ the stock '07 y-pipe and see how it sounds compare to my '06 y-pipe combo. For sure i won't be using TPs but who knows.

In the future, i might be looking for either JIC or Tanabe y-pipe (i had tanabe paired up w/ my old amuse before).

Feel free to post up your combination and sound clips would be nice too

About the insurance on mods, i hope mercury got something like that so i don't have to switch etc. I'll be giving them a call before the weekend. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:03 PM

AFKGuy: Abt the Tanabe paired with Amuse setup dat u had b4,any difference in tone wise compared with using stock y-pipe?

Cheers,
D
Old 04-09-2008, 06:56 PM
jonnylaw

The more I look at the "B" tips, the more I like them

9292, I am currently running the Tanabe Y with the Amuse. I might be able to get a sound clip if the weather holds, but I have PE HFC's and headers as well--Suprisingly it's quite mellow at low rpm's, but sounds niceez at high rpm WOT
Old 04-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AFKGuy
Yep i had to seriously think about it. Not only it was one of the cleanest Amuse Exhaust i've seen in the Marketplace it was fairly priced too. Right now a brand new one will cost you around $2,7xx + Tax + Shipping (Perf. Nissan) and B-Tail is extra - Not to mention a good 3-6months wait (correct me if i'm wrong). Some Vendors have it listed for $3,xxx maybe free shipping?.

I know there was price jump on titanium, a year or two ago this exhaust cost around $2,2xx.

Right now, I'm only planning on running w/ it on Summer/Dry Season. And also avoiding places i'm not familiar with lol... First thing i need to do - is to look for a insurance company that covers mods. Once i get that straightened out then i'll most likely put this badboy on again. I'll be installing this myself on Saturday, it's gonna be fun

R1000 Y-pipe was discontinued long time ago (2004-2005) probably just special order but who knows. And besides i can't use it, i have an 07 now.

Yeah Amuse to Blitz, then back to Amuse.
lmao, i bought my former vortech tuner kit for about the same price.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:11 PM
jonnylaw

I got mine for $2300 shipped ems from Japan from a reputable Japanese vendor that is selling it for more now.

ha, but it's not as expensive as the ARC true dual at $6k+ twin turbo or exhaust?, lol
Old 04-09-2008, 08:07 PM
AFKGuy

Originally Posted by 9292
AFKGuy: Abt the Tanabe paired with Amuse setup dat u had b4,any difference in tone wise compared with using stock y-pipe?

Cheers,
D
It was Amuse + Tanabe Y-pipe and Stock Cats. It's a bit louder and deeper sounding.

The Full Amuse Setup was ridiculously quiet from 3-4k rpms, far from what i expected running a one piece Y-pipe/Straight pipes. But once you open up the throttle to 4-7k rpms it sounded mean and exotic.

One thing i didn't like about the R1000 Y-pipe/Straight-pipe was, like all the Titanium y-pipes out there that i've seen in pics, there was no flex joints/sections which had that nasty rattle on low rpms. I was able to fix it though with some high quality exhaust clamp.

If your into weight saving, a must mod, that R1000 weight at 6-7lbs lol... Almost as light as your average testpipes out there...

For me, i really thought the best combination i did was: Amuse + Stock Y-pipe + Generic Testpipes. No rasps, Deep sounding tone on low rpms, Crazy High pitched on high rpms but it was suprisingly louder than the Full Amuse setup.

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
I got mine for $2300 shipped ems from Japan from a reputable Japanese vendor that is selling it for more now.

ha, but it's not as expensive as the ARC true dual at $6k+ twin turbo or exhaust?, lol
That's a very good deal! How long did you have to wait for it?

I think the cheapest i found when i was looking around a year ago was $2,5xx + Shipping for the A-Tail.

Last edited by AFKGuy; 04-09-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:44 PM
jonnylaw

Originally Posted by AFKGuy

That's a very good deal! How long did you have to wait for it?

I think the cheapest i found when i was looking around a year ago was $2,5xx + Shipping for the A-Tail.
I believe it was 5 weeks from the time I ordered it, until the time I received it (eta was 4-6 weeks built to order). One of the reasons, I got that price probably b/c I already spent about 5k through that vendor on various jdm goodies. Also, the vendor has a good relationship with Amuse- I basically paid a little under cost and very little for air freight and customs fees. When I referred another member to their website, their quoted price was much higher--aroound $2850.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:21 PM
AFKGuy

I believe it was 5 weeks from the time I ordered it, until the time I received it (eta was 4-6 weeks built to order). One of the reasons, I got that price probably b/c I already spent about 5k through that vendor on various jdm goodies. Also, the vendor has a good relationship with Amuse- I basically paid a little under cost and very little for air freight and customs fees. When I referred another member to their website, their quoted price was much higher--aroound $2850.
I see, a month or so of waiting atleast. There's some website out there if you googled that has it listed at $2,2xx. But for sure it's not updated and probably can't even get them anymore.

Btw, if i remember correctly in one of your thread back then, did you ever figure out that evap canister? Is it still hitting your Amuse?
Old 04-09-2008, 10:37 PM
jonnylaw

^^never was hitting the amuse. A very skilled tech removed the evap heat shield and wiggled a good couple of inches b/w, applied defi tape to canister, currently fabricating heat shield for upcoming summer months

Also used nismo exhaust bushings so the muffler is steady firm in place, one reason I wanted a y pipe with flex joints.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:23 AM
AFKGuy

^^never was hitting the amuse. A very skilled tech removed the evap heat shield and wiggled a good couple of inches b/w, applied defi tape to canister, currently fabricating heat shield for upcoming summer months

Also used nismo exhaust bushings so the muffler is steady firm in place, one reason I wanted a y pipe with flex joints.
Please post a pic once your done w/ that custom heat shield for the evap cansister or a DIY would be great.

On my 1st set, i had to completely take out my evap canister bcoz it was rubbing it pretty bad even without the heatshield. I ran without my evap canister for a good 12-13k (if i remember correctly) and never had a problem. Also bought that cipher program to get rid of the CEL/SES light.

Anyways, i need a bit of help. I'm trying to make/copy that "R1 Titan" decal that you normally see on that amuse S2k and R34. All i need is the image file and i'm good from there. So if anyone out here have that image file in Jpeg, please PM it to me or post it up here. Thanks!

Check my thread about vinyl graphic design:
https://my350z.com/forum/socal-marketplace/341905-free-service-small-and-simple-custom-vinyl-graphics-and-logos.html
Old 04-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Ztune

Hi guys,

Another Amuse exhaust fans here
my menu list comes with:
Amuse R1 with B tail, Fujitsubo Y pipe, Tomei headers + Tomei straight pipe, Tomei 268 cams, UR pulley, 5/16 spacer, K&N filter and unichip

Damn its loud!

cheers,
Jerry

Last edited by Ztune; 04-19-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:37 AM
AFKGuy

Originally Posted by Ztune
Hi guys,

Another Amuse exhaust fans here
my menu list comes with:
Amuse R1 with B tail, Fujitsubo Y pipe, Tomei headers + Tomei straight pipe, Tomei 268 cams, UR pulley, 5/16 spacer, K&N filter and unichip

Damn its loud!
Welcome Ztune! Damn that's a very nice setup you got there!

Any Sound clip you can share with us?

Guys, I'm making a few vinyl decals of that official Amuse Logo and still trying to find that image file for "R1 Titan". So let me know if you guys want a pair of official Amuse Logo and i'll make a few more cuts.

Also i'm thinking trying a set of these wheels in Gloss Black Centerface:
https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/348515-tunerz-image-wheels.html

What you guys think? Rice?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:16 AM
turismo

Why cant Amuse make a true dual 3 inch You guys **** me off. All yall go to hell
Old 04-10-2008, 11:05 AM
AFKGuy

Originally Posted by turismo
Why cant Amuse make a true dual 3 inch You guys **** me off. All yall go to hell
Not too sure if it's 3", need more info but can't seem to find some.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=6284

Quick Reply: >>PowerHouse Amuse Exhaust Club<<