Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

>>PowerHouse Amuse Exhaust Club<<

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 02:52 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R&D Factory
there's a whole seperate group buy for the both the g35 and 350z. yes they have two sets for 350z and G35. our connection with amuse is a bit "special" all the discontinued parts are still obtainable. all we need is to have a total of 10 buyers from 350z and g35 put together and right now we have a total of 9. dont ask me how my buddy got the discontinued parts to be manufactured again.

-Alex
Is the y pipe available for sale through your buddy? (not the one that has integrated test pipes), but the y alone? Please pm me with more info. Thx.

Wondering what the group buy price is. I got quite a good deal on mine from a japanese vendor (RHDjapan.com)
Old 05-22-2008, 02:55 PM
R&DFactory
Sponsor
R&D Factory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
Is the y pipe available for sale through your buddy? (not the one that has integrated test pipes), but the y alone? Please pm me with more info. Thx.

Wondering what the group buy price is. I got quite a good deal on mine from a japanese vendor (RHDjapan.com)
hey johnnylaw,

my buddy is going to call tonight because he said it's still early morning over there.. and i'll shoot you a pm

-Alex
Old 05-22-2008, 02:58 PM
jonnylaw

^^Thx Alex.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:16 PM
AFKGuy

^Bro i think it's time to upgrade to Silent RS B-Tails...
Old 05-22-2008, 03:27 PM
jonnylaw

Originally Posted by AFKGuy
^Bro i think it's time to upgrade to Silent RS B-Tails...
me wishes I could brotha, but the Silent RS is only made for the Z and I gotta G
Old 05-22-2008, 05:53 PM
R&DFactory
Sponsor
R&D Factory

hey jonnylaw how do you like the amuse exhaust on the g? i'm switching from hks to amuse so trying to get some feedback, in terms of sound, fitment, and other things you like and dislike about it. thanks.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:16 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by gsazabi
How much does it cost just for the muffler?
f that, what about the tip
Old 05-22-2008, 06:22 PM
jonnylaw

hey jonnylaw how do you like the amuse exhaust on the g? i'm switching from hks to amuse so trying to get some feedback, in terms of sound, fitment, and other things you like and dislike about it. thanks.
1. Sound-I really like it. It actually seems a little more mellow than stock below 3k, but passed that, it really comes alive. I think it's a little higher pitched than the HKS at high rpm (don't get me wrong the HKS is very nice too). It's got a very "tuned" sound to it. But since, it's still a single path exhaust, it maintains more of a VQ note than a true dual design imho. Since it's titanium and got a nice resonator in the b pipe and large tips, it sounds what most would describe as "exotic". Kinda hard to explain. It sounds really really nice on the higway when revving, not too much of any drone at sustained rpms. U know what, I will videotape and post a sound clip of some free rev's, but I don't think I can get a flyby done until the weekend. I also have headers and HFC's and Tanabe Y, so I think it's a little louder and more niceez than some of the sound clips posted.

2. Fitment-The quality of the welds and canisters are really spectacular. The hardware included is complete. I'm not sure if it's my Power Enterprise HFC's, but the exhaust chain hangs a bit lower than OEM. However, I also bought 2 nismo harder rubber exhaust hanger bushings. I HIGHLY suggest getting these for one main reason that directly involves fitment: The EVAP Canister. It must be either be relocated, or the heat shield taken off and wiggled over to make room for the muffler (I think the HKS requires this too tho no?). The harder bushings doesn't allow any play in the muffler, so with only a little bit of clearance b/w the pipe and the evap canister, there is no rubbing or NVH. Other than that, fitment is perfect and the tips look great and are perfectly alligned (also have to give credit to my tech for a great installation of the exhaust)

I definetly like the Amuse. I have the A tails, but I would get the B tails, if I could buy it again to match my Endless BBK. they look so purrrty.

Some owners state that the titan "goldens" over time and some more bluish colors burn it. This hasn't happened to mine yet; but I don't put to many miles on the G.

I only clean the exhaust with warm water, maybe a mild soap, but never would use anything abrasive, especially on the tips.

When installing, be very careful when handling the exhaust. If u put fingerprints on it, clean them off with some alcohol. Otherwise, the fingerprint will "burn it" if you start her up and get the exhaust hot.

The only downside I can think of, besides cost, is the danger of damaging a tip, like some on this forum have, b/c they aren't that many shops that can work with titanium and make it look like it should. And you can't just order another tip like you can for the HKS.

Also, this exhaust is good for N/A and supercharger applications, not for turbocharged setups imo.

Hope that helps bro

Last edited by jonnylaw; 05-22-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:27 PM
R&DFactory
Sponsor
R&D Factory

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
1. Sound-I really like it. It actually seems a little more mellow than stock below 3k, but passed that, it really comes alive. I think it's a little higher pitched than the HKS at high rpm (don't get me wrong the HKS is very nice too). It's got a very "tuned" sound to it. But since, it's still a single path exhaust, it maintains more of a VQ note than a true dual design imho. Since it's titanium and got a nice resonator in the b pipe and large tips, it sounds what most would describe as "exotic". Kinda hard to explain. It sounds really really nice on the higway when revving, not too much of any drone at sustained rpms. U know what, I will videotape and post a sound clip of some free rev's, but I don't think I can get a flyby done until the weekend. I also have headers and HFC's and Tanabe Y, so I think it's a little louder and more niceez than some of the sound clips posted.

2. Fitment-The quality of the welds and canisters are really spectacular. The hardware included is complete. I'm not sure if it's my Power Enterprise HFC's, but the exhaust chain hangs a bit lower than OEM. However, I also bought 2 nismo harder rubber exhaust hanger bushings. I HIGHLY suggest getting these for one main reason that directly involves fitment: The EVAP Canister. It must be either be relocated, or the heat shield taken off and wiggled over to make room for the muffler (I think the HKS requires this too tho no?). The harder bushings doesn't allow any play in the muffler, so with only a little bit of clearance b/w the pipe and the evap canister, there is no rubbing or NVH. Other than that, fitment is perfect and the tips look great and are perfectly alligned (also have to give credit to my tech for a great installation of the exhaust)

I definetly like the Amuse. I have the A tails, but I would get the B tails, if I could buy it again to match my Endless BBK. they look so purrrty.

Some owners state that the titan "goldens" over time and some more bluish colors burn it. This hasn't happened to mine yet; but I don't put to many miles on the G.

I only clean the exhaust with warm water, maybe a mild soap, but never would use anything abrasive, especially on the tips.

When installing, be very careful when handling the exhaust. If u put fingerprints on it, clean them off with some alcohol. Otherwise, the fingerprint will "burn it" if you start her up and get the exhaust hot.

The only downside I can think of, besides cost, is the danger of damaging a tip, like some on this forum have, b/c they aren't that many shops that can work with titanium and make it look like it should. And you can't just order another tip like you can for the HKS.

Also, this exhaust is good for N/A and supercharger applications, not for turbocharged setups imo.

Hope that helps bro
wow.. thanks for that great write up. i'm SOLD! heh
Old 05-22-2008, 06:34 PM
jonnylaw

^^R u getting the front pipe too, or just the 2 piece? If the 2 piece, do you know what y pipe you are going to go with? The 2 most popular to match to the Amuse are the Tanabe and the JIC.

Lemme know bout that Amuse y/front pipe when u hear from ur friend. Thx!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:27 AM
jonnylaw

so here's a short free rev clip:

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s38.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/poopson1/amusefreerev.flv"></embed>

Exhaust chain is Nismo headers, Power Enterprise mettalic HFC's, Tanabe Y pipe, Amuse Titan R1 Exhaust

A few videos of some flyby's, will be posted in the next couple days . Sounds better when driving:biggthumpup:
Old 07-08-2008, 01:06 PM
R&DFactory
Sponsor
R&D Factory

thanks for the awesome sound clips johnnylaw. i cant wait to get mine now do you have any problems driving? i'm in socal and i often go to areas where the roads aren't the best and i'm afraid of scratching/denting it
Old 07-08-2008, 01:10 PM
jonnylaw

thanks for the awesome sound clips johnnylaw. i cant wait to get mine now do you have any problems driving? i'm in socal and i often go to areas where the roads aren't the best and i'm afraid of scratching/denting it
No problems driving bro, even through Chicago winters. But I'm always careful of curbs/driveways and road debris (especially plastic bags!) when driving.

Tips and exhaust are in great shape (I just clean with warm water after car wash).

When is ur exhaust expected to come in?
Old 07-09-2008, 08:40 PM
rzua5

Running an amuse setup here.... enjoy

Amuse bumper
Amuse CSL diffuser
Amuse CSL intake duct
Amuse CSL brake duct
Amuse fenders
Amuse side skirt
Amuse rear
Amuse CSL Ti-intake pipe
Amuse R1000 Y-pipe
Amuse R1 Titan Extra with gold ring tip

Last edited by rzua5; 07-09-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:55 PM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Wow what a BALLER!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:11 PM
R&DFactory
Sponsor
R&D Factory

shipment was delayed again but amuse is about ready to ship.

rzua5.. damn your car is amazing
Old 07-14-2008, 04:55 PM
tribal_visionz

wow so JDM
Old 07-25-2008, 03:04 PM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Is this banged up Amuse worth it

Hi guys...I'm thinking about buying an Amuse exhaust from some guy on the my350z marketplace....he has it at a great price, but it has some nick and dents here and there...I can live with the cosmetic issues but do you guys think this big dent will ruin the sound/performance of the exhaust?
Attached Thumbnails &gt;&gt;PowerHouse Amuse Exhaust Club&lt;&lt;-img0375pn4.jpg  
Old 07-28-2008, 07:05 AM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Bump...anyone...I just don't want to make a bad decision guys...any help?

Originally Posted by 350z006
Hi guys...I'm thinking about buying an Amuse exhaust from some guy on the my350z marketplace....he has it at a great price, but it has some nick and dents here and there...I can live with the cosmetic issues but do you guys think this big dent will ruin the sound/performance of the exhaust?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:54 AM
R&DFactory
Sponsor
R&D Factory

i personally think any dents especially in the canister may cause the note of the exhaust to sound different

Quick Reply: >>PowerHouse Amuse Exhaust Club<<