Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Nismo Headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 04:43 AM
FLY BY Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by D'oh
Read, learn, and appreciate the irony. We all say many funny things.

http://www.raxles.com/fundamen.htm

-D'oh!
Please list the vehicles using CV joints with this application.

Interesting post nonetheless. All things change eventually but I would be interested in what cars actually use this now.

And either way, they aren't rubbing the headers!

Last edited by FLY BY Z; 07-14-2003 at 04:48 AM.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:40 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I talked to my guy at NMC today, they are not aware of any type of rubbing problem. They asked me to keep them informed if I hear of anymore problems. Have any of you heard about this happening to anyone else? NMC wants their Nismo program to be a success so they are concerned about any problems that come up. Have you already fixed the problem? If so how much did they have to "dent" the header?
Old 07-14-2003, 08:45 AM
PhoenixINX

Originally posted by jeffh355
I talked to my guy at NMC today, they are not aware of any type of rubbing problem. They asked me to keep them informed if I hear of anymore problems. Have any of you heard about this happening to anyone else? NMC wants their Nismo program to be a success so they are concerned about any problems that come up. Have you already fixed the problem? If so how much did they have to "dent" the header?
The NISMO program is NOT going to be a success due to the FAR overpriced items. Next time you ask them, ask why can I order direct from Japan and I save HUGE???

NNA NISMO aka Nissan Motorsports is going to NOT do very well if they honestly expect they can sell parts for as much as they are.

Just out of interest... what is the US part # for the S-TUNE shock/spring and the S-TUNE f/r swaybars???
Old 07-14-2003, 09:43 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by Evil350z
The NISMO program is NOT going to be a success due to the FAR overpriced items. Next time you ask them, ask why can I order direct from Japan and I save HUGE???

NNA NISMO aka Nissan Motorsports is going to NOT do very well if they honestly expect they can sell parts for as much as they are.

Just out of interest... what is the US part # for the S-TUNE shock/spring and the S-TUNE f/r swaybars???

We discount our Nismo parts down to about cost plus 10% so they aren't too far out of line, as far as part numbers go:
Bar set 54600-RSZ30-US
Shocks/Springs 5400S-RSZ30-US
Old 07-14-2003, 09:45 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Evil350z

Evil350Z,

Don't blame JeffH355. He is doing the best he can with the pricing NNA is giving him. He has to make some profit. As far as the part # check Gruppe-s or Courtesy I think they list the #'s. I agree the pricing stinks. It's a lot for the warranty I guess.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:20 AM
jetjammer

NISMO is not cheap by any means, but niether is Ford SVT, Toyota TRD, MazdaSpeed. Don't even get me started on AMG or BMW M series.

I've found the quality of NISMO products have been excellent.

As far as pricing, contact jeffh355. You will be surprised. If you can wait a year or two, I'm sure pricing will come down some. Unfortunately, I never mastered that delayed gratifation thing yet.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:32 AM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by jmark
Evil350Z,

Don't blame JeffH355. He is doing the best he can with the pricing NNA is giving him. He has to make some profit. As far as the part # check Gruppe-s or Courtesy I think they list the #'s. I agree the pricing stinks. It's a lot for the warranty I guess.
I don't think he was blaming him. I also scratch my head when parts can be imported from Japan with shiping and duties and be sold significantly cheaper than they are selling here for.

Jeffh355 seems a great guy who provides a lot of support around here, and he isn't the one that set Nismo pricing from the factory. I never expected the stuff to be cheap, but they went significantly over what I expected prices to be based on the gray market pricing.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:34 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

I will also be a sponsoring vendor in the next couple days too.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:44 AM
Iezzi

Originally posted by jetjammer
NISMO is not cheap by any means, but niether is Ford SVT, Toyota TRD, MazdaSpeed. Don't even get me started on AMG or BMW M series.

I've found the quality of NISMO products have been excellent.

As far as pricing, contact jeffh355. You will be surprised. If you can wait a year or two, I'm sure pricing will come down some. Unfortunately, I never mastered that delayed gratifation thing yet.
Yea but TRD and others are NOT rebadged parts made by other companies. To tell you the truth from what I have seen so far Nissan thinks that we are a bunch of idiots and will pay whatever they what for products that they claim are NISMO. Not only that but when you buy Nismo-R parts they have NO warrenty, I don't get it? Why would you buy a NISMO part when its not really a Nissan developed part for our cars? F U Nismo clean up your act.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:47 AM
jmark

Originally posted by jeffh355
I will also be a sponsoring vendor in the next couple days too.
Glad to hear it Jeff!
Old 07-14-2003, 11:11 AM
jetjammer

Originally posted by dkent2
To tell you the truth from what I have seen so far Nissan thinks that we are a bunch of idiots ....

Why would you buy a NISMO part when its not really a Nissan developed part for our cars?
Color me an idiot. What color is that anyway?
Old 07-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Mr350Z

Just a quick FYI for you nay-ayers out there including "dkent2". Almost all TRD parts are rebadged parts from other import tuners. IE) All TRD exhausts are HKS supplied, and all their suspension components are either Bilstein/H&R or Suspension Teq. supplied.

Even Civic guys know this. Amazing how much the nay-sayers think they know.

Nismo development engineers work with OE suppliers when possible to maintain a higher level of quality. Nismo is responsible for designing and engineering the parts.

As far as a few of you being super negative about the pricing. The ONLY part that is over market price is the S-Tune suspension for Z, and based on the price reductions some dealers have already posted...it looks like you might be paying another $200-$300 for warranty. Most of the other parts are less expensive than they are in Japan. IE) Nismo exhaust is about $500 MORE in Japan.

Simply put, you get what you pay for. Take for example the Nismo S-Tune Suspension. Nismo works with the Nissan test drivers and we evauluate the entire suspension at our proving grounds in Tochigi and in the US, we tune it until we feel it gives the optimum balance of streetabiltiy and performance based on the S-Tune concept. In addition, the suspension parts have to meet engineering standards against corrosion and other environmental factors to the tune of 5 years. Take any other company whom just winds up a set of springs & shocks for the Z and frankly don't have the expertise and the know-how to evaluate these in the same OE manner.

Same holds true for the exhaust. I got news for you, you could go to Joe Shmoes muffler shop and get a custom Y-pipe plus and ultraflow and make more top-end power than anybody for about $400. If that's what you want, knock yourself out. That is not Nismo. Nismo is about build quality, performance, sound...the whole deal. I will not allow a cheaper product to be made because some people have a different idea of what quality is.

Regards,
Old 07-14-2003, 03:39 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Same holds true for the exhaust. I got news for you, you could go to Joe Shmoes muffler shop and get a custom Y-pipe plus and ultraflow and make more top-end power than anybody for about $400. If that's what you want, knock yourself out. That is not Nismo. Nismo is about build quality, performance, sound...the whole deal. I will not allow a cheaper product to be made because some people have a different idea of what quality is.
Why, do you work at Fujitsubo? Oh yea BTW you can pick up the Fujitsubo exhaust from Gruppe-S for $850 shipped (sans the Nismo badge of course).
I think Nismo offers great quality (although pricey) products. But you are constantly hinting that non-Nismo products are trash, which is getting a little tiring.
Once again if you want to pitch the advantages of the Nismo product, please do so. But please stop taking a "holier than thou" attitude and insinuating that other aftermarket companies are somehow "subpar".

Last edited by failsafe; 07-14-2003 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:56 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Just curious Mr350Z, you've had several posts where you sound knowledgeable on the Nismo products and pricing decisions, and you tend to use "we" and similar pronouns a lot. Do you work for Nissan or Nissan Motorsports or Nismo (whatever it is technically called in NA)?

I think there was a lot of excitement going into the Nismo product launch from the message boards, but afterward, the majority of posters seem quite disappointed with both the limited offerings and the pricing. Hopefully, those things will come in line, and Nissan can sell more cars with active community support brought on by a manufacturer who cares about its owners wants even after the initial sale.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:50 PM
jmark

Originally posted by MannishBoy
Just curious Mr350Z, you've had several posts where you sound knowledgeable on the Nismo products and pricing decisions, and you tend to use "we" and similar pronouns a lot. Do you work for Nissan or Nissan Motorsports or Nismo (whatever it is technically called in NA)?

I think there was a lot of excitement going into the Nismo product launch from the message boards, but afterward, the majority of posters seem quite disappointed with both the limited offerings and the pricing. Hopefully, those things will come in line, and Nissan can sell more cars with active community support brought on by a manufacturer who cares about its owners wants even after the initial sale.
Do a search I am sure he holds a high position with NISMO NA.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:55 PM
cbsuper

Originally posted by jmark
Do a search I am sure he holds a high position with NISMO NA.
If he holds a high position at Nismo NA then you would think that he would do a better job of not disparaging other companies' products on a message board with 10,000+ members.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:10 PM
FLY BY Z

Aw guys look at this in perspective. How long has the 350Z been out? How long has NISMO been in the US? Combine the two? Every aspect of the Nismo and 350Z project is brand new for us. More products will come out from Nismo for us if their INTRODUCTORY parts list does well. If no one buys any of this stuff then we will probably not see any new or cool products come to the States. Price is something that can vary depending on where you purchase the product. You cannot compare the price of a Nismo suspension to say Eibach or Tein or whatever since they are not the same parts. Different design, different thought process involved in conception and in inception. Prices will most likely come down some over time and if they don't, then boo for Nismo's NA representation. Give it time and things will improve.

Also, there has NEVER been proof, real proof, of rebadged products put out by Nismo. Nismo can design a product and let it be CONSTRUCTED by a manufacturer known or unknown. This is a rumor and is a perfect example of bad info spreading like wildfire. When an architect designs a building he does not put the hammer to the nail when it goes up. A construction company does but the architect still is responsible and gets credit for the beauty of the structure. Give Nismo some credit as well. Just because a design is similar doesn't mean it is the same (intake) otherwise we are all driving a Porsche/Audi TT/MR2/whatever else people think the Z is a copy of. Is that what YOU drive? I drive a Z in all its original glory.
Old 07-14-2003, 07:07 PM
Iezzi

Well I have been OWNED!! I had not done all my research before I opened my mouth about TRD and others... I stand corrected, and you are absolutely right it’s all about your own originality and tastes.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:41 PM
failsafe
....for your health

C'mon man- tell me this isn't the same exhaust:

Nismo: http://www.i-m-racing.com/niswelstains.html

Fujitsubo: http://www.boomplustoys.net/Fujitsubo/legalis_z33.htm

I'm not saying every Nismo part is a rebadge and I have absolutely no problem with Nismo OEM'ing other manufacturers parts. But many people are having a problem paying a 25% premium for the exact same equipment.
I, however, have a problem with people slamming other aftermarket companies and stating that anything other than Nismo is not "quality". Especially from someone who is positioning themselves to sound like a NNA or Nismo employee. If you do work for NNA you should be ashamed of yourself.
Take any other company whom just winds up a set of springs & shocks for the Z and frankly don't have the expertise...
Statements like this are ridiculous. There are numerous companies out there that spend countless hours on R & D. Just because Nissan manufactures the car does not mean that they are the only ones who know how to tune it.
Please feel free to share the positives of the Nismo product line but try to refrain from bashing other companies and representing them as if they have no engineering knowledge.
BTW- Some people prefer streetability. Some people simply prefer to have more power. Just because a product produces more power or sacrifices some streetability does not mean the product is of any less quality. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:24 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by failsaf3
C'mon man- tell me this isn't the same exhaust:

Nismo: http://www.i-m-racing.com/niswelstains.html

Fujitsubo: http://www.boomplustoys.net/Fujitsubo/legalis_z33.htm

I'm not saying every Nismo part is a rebadge and I have absolutely no problem with Nismo OEM'ing other manufacturers parts. But many people are having a problem paying a 25% premium for the exact same equipment.
I, however, have a problem with people slamming other aftermarket companies and stating that anything other than Nismo is not "quality". Especially from someone who is positioning themselves to sound like a NNA or Nismo employee. If you do work for NNA you should be ashamed of yourself.

Statements like this are ridiculous. There are numerous companies out there that spend countless hours on R & D. Just because Nissan manufactures the car does not mean that they are the only ones who know how to tune it.
Please feel free to share the positives of the Nismo product line but try to refrain from bashing other companies and representing them as if they have no engineering knowledge.
BTW- Some people prefer streetability. Some people simply prefer to have more power. Just because a product produces more power or sacrifices some streetability does not mean the product is of any less quality. Different strokes for different folks.
Preach it failsaf.

Quick Reply: Nismo Headers