Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

I need to know if these after market parts are legal

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 12:43 PM
ICE350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need to know if these after market parts are legal

I know I've asked this question a couple of times, but I just want to ask a couple more questions about these after market parts before purchasing any of them. I live in NJ and the town I live in is really **** about street racing, we have random police stops every other month where they do random emissions test and what not. I've failed a couple times on my 3000GT VR-4 and had to pay a hefty fine. I'm new to the Nissan cars so I don't know much if any of these aftermarket parts are C.A.R.B legal or C.A.R.B pending. If anyone out there knows please a little input would be nice. Or better yet If you live in NJ and know where I can go to get a state inspection and pass even with all the aftermarket parts PLEASE LET ME KNOW =D

Nismo R-tune headers
Nismo R-tune cold air intake
Nismo Catback exhaust system

Stillen headers
Stillen High Flow cold air intake
Stillen Dual Exhaust: Dual Wall Tips
Old 05-20-2008, 12:46 PM
HKS-Z
Backroad Pro

Originally Posted by ICE350z
I know I've asked this question a couple of times, but I just want to ask a couple more questions about these after market parts before purchasing any of them. I live in NJ and the town I live in is really **** about street racing, we have random police stops every other month where they do random emissions test and what not. I've failed a couple times on my 3000GT VR-4 and had to pay a hefty fine. I'm new to the Nissan cars so I don't know much if any of these aftermarket parts are C.A.R.B legal or C.A.R.B pending. If anyone out there knows please a little input would be nice. Or better yet If you live in NJ and know where I can go to get a state inspection and pass even with all the aftermarket parts PLEASE LET ME KNOW =D

Nismo R-tune headers
Nismo R-tune cold air intake
Nismo Catback exhaust system

Stillen headers
Stillen High Flow cold air intake
Stillen Dual Exhaust: Dual Wall Tips
considerd for offroad use only.Otherwise i'd say your good to go.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:11 PM
ICE350z

Thanks for the input. Damn I need a C.A.R.B. legal headers. Know any?? how about one from Borla or DC are they C.A.R.B. legal??
Old 05-20-2008, 01:26 PM
malibuboy54

well doesn't CARB stand for "California Air Resources Board" so wouldn't you need to look at the NJ laws on emissions to see what is legal for cars, etc.....CARB is really strict so most likely anything CARB legal will pass in NJ as well.....like i know i can't run a legal turbo setup in CA, but the same setup is legal in AZ.....
Old 05-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ever think about checking out the makers of those parts websites and seeing if they are legal or not for yourself instead of us doing your research for you?
Old 05-20-2008, 01:41 PM
surfcity40

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z04
ever think about checking out the makers of those parts websites and seeing if they are legal or not for yourself instead of us doing your research for you?
I'd assume he's assuming that someone else has experienced these issues before and may be able to help him. However, an equally simple route would be to call the manufacturer and ask if the parts are legal in NJ.

And yes, CARB is the strictest of the regulatory boards. You can search for CARB approved aftermarket parts here. You'll need the part number.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php
Old 05-20-2008, 01:42 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That will get you 5 to 10 years in the big house.
What about a NISMO shift **** and some spacers?
Old 05-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Road Warrior

whatever you decide on the headers definately apply a coat of jet hot in black...that is what i did with my dc ss headers and you can hardly see them on the visual. good luck