Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

new aluminum intake manifold plenum pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 01:40 PM
ponykiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I did not just read 7 pages to be left hanging... How about some info here?
Old 09-24-2003, 02:43 PM
MarkoBarko

LOL! I just skipped from page 1 to this one(8). I guess it is a good thing I did!!
Old 09-24-2003, 06:52 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

be patient dudes. these guys aren't a huge company, r&d time is going to be more than usual. they have other things to do too.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Sosa

Is there any estimated date that this puppy will be ready to be sold, or at least dyno'd? thx.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:15 PM
mytalon

If this makes as much hp and costs the same as crawfords I'm in. I want to keep my stock bar
Old 09-30-2003, 06:38 PM
03daytonabluetrack

Originally posted by mytalon
If this makes as much hp and costs the same as crawfords I'm in. I want to keep my stock bar
Same here, more top end, good price, good looks, keep stock strut bar
Old 09-30-2003, 06:41 PM
wren57
Banned

would yall just chill? hes obviously doing the right thing by filling current orders before doing more r&d and taking additional orders... give him time, he will post when he's ready...
Old 10-02-2003, 11:36 AM
all_bark

I was/am antsy about this plenum so I sent isdunique a PM and asked, WHATS UP!?

He replied, and I quote:

"The camber arms have been done before I even began the plenum. Honestly, we should have some news on whether we will have a definite release date in about 2 weeks. We are really waiting on trying this new production technique to tell what direction we need to go in."

what that basically means, is that he started the camber arms BEFORE the plenum and that he is almost done with the camber arms and then he will start to look at the plenum issue again. He says, and he told me to keep this hush hush but I'll let it leak anyways, that he has a NEW design for the plenum that may very well possible work better than the first. All mandrel bent, etc. etc and hopefully will put out better gains.

BUT - the big thing here is everybody be patient. He is still planning on doing this, and hopefully within the next two weeks or so he will begin. Everyone keep their fingers crossed.

I for one would be willing to do before and after dyno's with the new design if it would help out
Old 10-02-2003, 03:01 PM
little_rod

Cool, hope he is successful with this plenum. One thing though, it is easy to see that he has people on edge about this plenum and a lot of people like it. Yet camber arms are ahead of it?? Bet he would make ALOT more money on the plenum. Camber arms can be found, give us the plenum that can't be found!!!
Old 10-02-2003, 03:30 PM
theZman

I think the reason the camber arms are first is because he had existing orders to fill. In any event, I do agree with little_rod somewhat -- given the interest in a plenum like this I am surprised it is taking this long. This is not a criticism, just an observation. Heck, I am surprised no other company besides Crawford has come out with an aftermarket plenum. It seems there is a lot of money to be made on this mod.
Old 10-02-2003, 06:09 PM
fdao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Can't wait any longer

Originally posted by Richard 350z
I went ahead and bought a Crawford plenum.
Rich,

You won't be disappointed. You think your car pulls hard now, it will be even more pleasureable with this addition.
Old 10-02-2003, 06:21 PM
FLY BY Z

Damn all you guys are doing is asking for a higher release price. Listen, I am a cheap bastage so shut up all of you!!!
Old 10-02-2003, 07:05 PM
spazpilot

Mr. Potato Head

I'm with you man
Old 10-02-2003, 07:14 PM
Edretti

THis is nutz! This thread deserves better updates then this. Go for the crawford!
Old 10-04-2003, 02:26 PM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by Edretti
THis is nutz! This thread deserves better updates then this. Go for the crawford!
Good idea! Buy a potentially inferior product due to lack of patience! There's a sucker born every minute. And he always buys on impulse or out of his lack of patience or respect for research. Oh yes, go Crawford!
Old 10-04-2003, 02:38 PM
lsdunique

Hey now guys!!

please don't turn this into a VS. Crawford debate.

The Crawford piece is awesome, and I haven't heard of a single complaint from one of his customers.

We are on the brink of a small breathrough in a particular manufacturing process that we will be able to do in house. Having this new cabaility meant some small redesigning, but will also lower the price of the manifold we will be offering drastically.

I am sorry for the lack of updates, but we have been so busy filling orders, and we are making some significant moves in what we can do within our own walls.

We have also been working on getting our website up and our online cerdit card processing in place. I assure you though that the 350z parts are at the top of our priority.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:04 AM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head
Good idea! Buy a potentially inferior product due to lack of patience! There's a sucker born every minute. And he always buys on impulse or out of his lack of patience or respect for research. Oh yes, go Crawford!
WTF??? This guy kills me... My vote for the #1 complainer on my350z!!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 07:09 AM
MY350Z.COM

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head
Inferior product my ****. Go through and read all the reviews ever posted, I doubt you will find anything that makes it inferior. Have you even driven a car with the plenum? No, probably not.

Victor

BTW you better watch your attitude, it's gonna bite you one day.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:34 AM
FLY BY Z

Hey I said POTENTIALLY inferior. Not complaining, not saying it is inferior. You guys should READ before you comment. LSD's is not out yet and it could be inferior too. I am just saying don't go buy something just out of impatience. Funny how everybody gets all up in arms. Evil in bed with Crawford so that is expected and Vic just protecting the interests of the site. It's cool. But please don't take me out of context. And Evil it is no secret you have had a hard on for me since I got here. Whats your problem? Is it that I don't get all over Crawford products every time something comes out? I like options and I don't think people should be deprived of theirs either. I have nothing against you or Crawford. I am sure the products are great. What's your insecurity with me?

Last edited by FLY BY Z; 10-05-2003 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:44 AM
MY350Z.COM

Why would it even be "potentially" inferior when it's already out and the owners of the piece are happy with it and none have complained about it.

And I did read before I commented. You are trying to put something negative on Crawford when it's not even warranted. You haven't had the pleasure of driving a Z with the piece.

You don't even know if the Kinetix unit works, so why are you already trying to defend it.

Also, Kinetix is a sponsor of this site too, so don't start telling me about "protecting interest".

I would have protected a company even if they weren't a sponsor. It's not right to talk smack about something you don't know about.

Victor

Quick Reply: new aluminum intake manifold plenum pics