Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

My injen ses review

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 08:41 PM
CarFanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My injen ses review

First off I'll start by saying this is a very very well made peice. HAving come over from the honda world, I only used to run thermal exhaust for there quality and dedication to power gains. I also ran the injen intake, and its nice to see them extend there business into more then just intakes.

MY thoughts on the look is still up in the air, but thats not really why I bought it. I debated between borla and injen. I personally felt the craftmanship and materials in the injen were better. I like the flanges and the fully polished stainless. SInce both make similar powergains, that was my deciding factor. That and you can tell that the exhaust is an aftermarket one.

So far, it feels liek the car has gained some power, I dont believe that it is 20whp, but it feels abit stronger in the mid range. MY car only has about 1550 miles on it so it still not loosened up much.

Over all I think its a very well made product for the price, and the sound is very very nice. Alot of people complain about it being loud, but I dont think its loud at all. Then again coming from a 3" turbo exhaust running no cat anything is quite!
Old 08-01-2003, 08:39 AM
99AllTurbo

I also ran a 3" Thermal, down pipe and no cat (in my turbo Eclipse) and it was LOUD compared to the Injen alone.

If Borla had individual mufflers and flanges, I might have thought of getting it. I just can't go with a stk look.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:01 AM
imZman

Default 3" exhaust "turbo"

I had a 3" downpipe, 3" hi-flo cat, and 3" Apexi exhaust on my 99 GSX Eclipse and it wasn't that loud "IMO". From what I understand turbo cars aren't as loud as N/A. May or may not be true???
I'm very interested in the Injen cat-back (waiting for the new version) and wouldn't mind it being loud and throaty, just can't wait to have the psssshhht between shifts again. Is it true the ECU reverses any power mods you do before the 5000 mile mark?
I currently have 1800 miles and want to know if I should wait for the exhaust.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:37 AM
99AllTurbo

Yeah I miss the sound of a turbo spooling. Maybe someday I'll have a pair of turbos on my Z.

As for the ECU compensating for increased power from bolt-ons. The only mod the ECU might compensate for is an intake because it is seeing more air come in when you have something like a CAI. I don't know for sure though and I don't believe in it, it's what has been said on this board. Look for the ECU threads, although the thread is from Technosquare only, so it's not that the ECU has been tested in the US by several companies to really back up that myth. So don't go believing everything you read, IMO.

I know my car still feels as fast/quick as it did when I added the Injen exhaust. Remember when the same was said about the 97-99 DSMs? Look at them now, that was all BS. Sure the timing will be pulled if the ECU sees a lean condition, but not from basic bolt-ons like intake, exhaust, dp, etc.

Anyways, you can't go wrong with the Injen. Good luck.