Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Kinetix Racing V+ Plenum or md iso thermal spacer

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 03:27 PM
zcoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kinetix Racing V+ Plenum or md iso thermal spacer

just wondering what will give me more power with my 05 base?
Kinetix Racing V+ Plenum is like $20 more but im willing to spend it if it will do more than the iso thermal motordyne spacer with ccv. anyone see dyno results for both of these yet?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

neither
Old 03-09-2009, 04:12 PM
zcoupe

Originally Posted by Z04
neither
how do you know? im curious? like do you have proof that neither will give me power or are you just saying that because thats just what you think? im not trying to be an @sshole just want some honest proven answers
Old 03-09-2009, 06:29 PM
bones8ss

I heard that you will get the same results with both so in my case I went with the cheaper one, the spacer. I dont really know anything about the v+ plenum but i can tell you that the spacer is legit. I dont have any numbers but I definitely felt alot more pull and am loving it every day.
hope this can help and GL.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:58 PM
zcoupe

Originally Posted by bones8ss
I heard that you will get the same results with both so in my case I went with the cheaper one, the spacer. I dont really know anything about the v+ plenum but i can tell you that the spacer is legit. I dont have any numbers but I definitely felt alot more pull and am loving it every day.
hope this can help and GL.
thanks it does help! this input is good! you have the md 5/16 spacer with ccv?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:00 PM
BurntZ33

spacer or be a baller and get velocity manifold lol jk
but i got the spacer and i feel a difference...
Old 03-09-2009, 07:08 PM
zcoupe

Originally Posted by BurntZ33
spacer or be a baller and get velocity manifold lol jk
but i got the spacer and i feel a difference...
lol hahahahah yeah i hear ya the way i worded that sounds funny! i guess $20 isnt much is it lol! thanks for the info! i know that plenum is new and im curious as to what people are experiencing with it
Old 03-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Toby-22

If it's only $20 more just get the kinetics. I have the 5/16 motordyne spacer and my friend has the kinetics. After the track i touched my plenum and it was extremely HOT, i touched his and it wasn't hot at all??? Oh and that is the same guy that just ran 13.3 at 103 with just i/h/e/s/tp on an 03 Z with stock tires, headers leak, and in need of a tune/tune up
Old 03-09-2009, 09:07 PM
zcoupe

Originally Posted by JPE22
If it's only $20 more just get the kinetics. I have the 5/16 motordyne spacer and my friend has the kinetics. After the track i touched my plenum and it was extremely HOT, i touched his and it wasn't hot at all??? Oh and that is the same guy that just ran 13.3 at 103 with just i/h/e/s/tp on an 03 Z with stock tires, headers leak, and in need of a tune/tune up
wow thats a good time thank you
Old 03-10-2009, 05:28 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I've seen this many times.

Note: The plenum can never run any cooler than the air flowing inside of it. I've found the stock intake is the only true cold air intake for this car.

Most of the short ram cold air intakes draw in 150' hot air from the engine compartment.

If you were to put your stock air box back on, your intake temperatures would drop considerably. Also check to make sure your pop charger heat shield is installed. It makes a big difference. The engine compartment as a whole runs at about 150'F. That's burning hot!

Also be sure to check the plenum temperature immediately after a spirited run when you do the check. When the car sits at idle, that is when the pop charger CAI draws in the most hot air from the engine compartment.

Even when the engine is completely shut off, with or without Iso Thermal, the plenum will eventually heat soak in the hot engine compartment after a few minutes.

Iso Thermal reduces upper and lower plenum assembly temperature by 30'-60' F while you are driving but it can't counteract heat soak after shut down or heat soak caused by hot air induction from a short ram intake.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by zcoupe
how do you know? im curious? like do you have proof that neither will give me power or are you just saying that because thats just what you think? im not trying to be an @sshole just want some honest proven answers

no, i was letting you know that neither of them will give you any power increase that you would ever notice, so my answer still stands at neither

and yes, i do have the md 5'16" iso spacer.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:18 AM
zcoupe

Originally Posted by Z04
no, i was letting you know that neither of them will give you any power increase that you would ever notice, so my answer still stands at neither

and yes, i do have the md 5'16" iso spacer.
well lots of mods people do to there cars they dont feel. i didnt feel my intake but a little here and a little there all add up.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:19 AM
zcoupe

when you say he had intake, headers, exhaust, and test pipes, whats the s stand for?
Old 03-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by zcoupe
well lots of mods people do to there cars they dont feel. i didnt feel my intake but a little here and a little there all add up.
there is a term for that, it is called "ricer math". that is when you take the claimed HP for parts like intake, exhaust, etc and add the number together. contrary to popular belief it does not work that way.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:55 AM
zcoupe

Originally Posted by Z04
there is a term for that, it is called "ricer math". that is when you take the claimed HP for parts like intake, exhaust, etc and add the number together. contrary to popular belief it does not work that way.
actually i dont add any hp together. the truth is that even though you wont feel your exhaust, intake, headers doesnt mean its not doing anything. the truth is that a 350z with intake, headers, exhaust is gonna run better at the track than a stock z. bolt ons do help. go look at the 1/4mile times with bolt ons vs stock. i dont see anything ricer about it! the times speak for themselves
Old 03-11-2009, 06:42 AM
Edg_R

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Z04 = negative nelly

Dont just tell him it doesn't work that way, explain why. I want to know too. I know it has to all add up in the end because like he said, a Z w/ bolt ons and a stock Z will be different.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:53 AM
SuperMiguel

well by going with what the manufatures say on their websites the md spacer gives you 12-14 hp and the Kinetix Racing V+ Plenum 350Z adds 14rwhp... has any one have dynos on the kinetix plenum??
Old 03-11-2009, 07:02 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by midtx350z
Z04 = negative nelly

Dont just tell him it doesn't work that way, explain why. I want to know too. I know it has to all add up in the end because like he said, a Z w/ bolt ons and a stock Z will be different.

anyway the answer still stands at neither. he (the OP) asked which one would give him more power. neither of those products will give any real power that will be noticed at all. that goes for pretty much any bolt-on mod that is out there and we all are guilty of thinking it "gives us more power". no two dynos are the same either, so thinking you are going to add mods and get the same power that someone else did with the same is wrong as well.

the truth comes down to this. get a stock dyno, finish your mods, then get a tune/dyno. only then will you know if your car actually gained anything from your bolt-ons. you can not tell from running at the track or around town, thinking your car will perfom the same as someone else with the same mods, and you can not tell from the butt-dyno. get a before (completely stock) and after dyno with a tune. anything less than that is just talk
Old 03-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Edg_R

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks, Z04. Ur the bombdiggity.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:34 AM
zcoupe

Originally Posted by Z04

anyway the answer still stands at neither. he (the OP) asked which one would give him more power. neither of those products will give any real power that will be noticed at all. that goes for pretty much any bolt-on mod that is out there and we all are guilty of thinking it "gives us more power". no two dynos are the same either, so thinking you are going to add mods and get the same power that someone else did with the same is wrong as well.

the truth comes down to this. get a stock dyno, finish your mods, then get a tune/dyno. only then will you know if your car actually gained anything from your bolt-ons. you can not tell from running at the track or around town, thinking your car will perfom the same as someone else with the same mods, and you can not tell from the butt-dyno. get a before (completely stock) and after dyno with a tune. anything less than that is just talk
i understand what your saying. but if the manufacturer has a dyno result of the same car be4 and after product it does show that it did somethingto that car. chances are if it did something to an identical car it will produce some kind of gain on my car. when i look at dyno sheets i look at the temp and time of day and date on the b4 and after dyno results. if they are not close in time and temp i tend not to trust the results

Quick Reply: Kinetix Racing V+ Plenum or md iso thermal spacer