Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Kinetix Racing V+ Plenum or md iso thermal spacer

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:24 AM
zcoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok I have made my decision. Im gonna go with the kenetix v+ plenum and then order the ccv from md. i figure that will also help keep intake temps down
Old 03-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zcoupe
when you say he had intake, headers, exhaust, and test pipes, whats the s stand for?
He has JWT Popcharger, Kinetics V+, Longtube headers, Invidia Exhaust with stock Y pipe, and stock wheels/tires, no tune/tune up, and the S stood for Plenum spacer which i meant to say Kinetics lol. But driving his car and mine is like night and day. I have the longtubes as well and pretty much the same mods but his pulls sooooo much harder than mine. He ran 13.3 and i ran 14.6, we switched cars with same results so it wasn't the driver. I believe it could be because my Knock sensors went bad the day i bought the car and i just never got to it. So in result retarding my timing (not sure, if someone can help me out on that). I will change my spark plugs and Knock sensors this weekend so wish me luck Anyway good choice on the Kinetics, if i had to do it again i woulda just bought that.

Btw we both have an 03 track model Z

Last edited by Toby-22; 03-11-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:25 PM
zcoupe

Originally Posted by JPE22
He has JWT Popcharger, Kinetics V+, Longtube headers, Invidia Exhaust with stock Y pipe, and stock wheels/tires, no tune/tune up, and the S stood for Plenum spacer which i meant to say Kinetics lol. But driving his car and mine is like night and day. I have the longtubes as well and pretty much the same mods but his pulls sooooo much harder than mine. He ran 13.3 and i ran 14.6, we switched cars with same results so it wasn't the driver. I believe it could be because my Knock sensors went bad the day i bought the car and i just never got to it. So in result retarding my timing (not sure, if someone can help me out on that). I will change my spark plugs and Knock sensors this weekend so wish me luck Anyway good choice on the Kinetics, if i had to do it again i woulda just bought that.

Btw we both have an 03 track model Z
cool thanks for the input. with my 05 base i have injen cai, titek test pipes, and b&m short throw and in 72 degree weather i went 13.8 at the track. hoping the kinetix plenum will help me get 13.7
Old 03-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Toby-22

^ get LSD and lightweight clutch/flywheel n you'll be hitting low 13s all day
Old 03-11-2009, 04:16 PM
zcoupe

Originally Posted by JPE22
^ get LSD and lightweight clutch/flywheel n you'll be hitting low 13s all day
yeah true. i need to save alot of money for that. im gonna do all the minor bolt ons first. then when i do lsd ill do final drive gears too
Old 03-13-2009, 04:22 AM
Z04

i understand what your saying. but if the manufacturer has a dyno result of the same car be4 and after product it does show that it did somethingto that car. chances are if it did something to an identical car it will produce some kind of gain on my car. when i look at dyno sheets i look at the temp and time of day and date on the b4 and after dyno results. if they are not close in time and temp i tend not to trust the results
and with that way of thinking you are setting yourself up for disappointment. good luck with your mods.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:48 AM
zcoupe

Originally Posted by Z04
and with that way of thinking you are setting yourself up for disappointment. good luck with your mods.
well if bolt ons are not good why did you buy them?
Old 03-13-2009, 05:20 AM
Z04

well if bolt ons are not good why did you buy them?
you show me where i ever said that bolt on were not good. i said that adding bolt ons and expecting your car to perform the same as another car with the same ones is plain silly. also believing what the manufacturer does on their dyno of that vbolt on is nothing more than advertising.

fact. no two cars will ever have the same dyno, even with the same weather, humidity, mods, time of day, date on the calendar. it is just never going to happen. you may get close but i have yet to see any dynos posted on here even reflect what manufactuers claim.

i also said that the only way for you to see any gains with those mods is to do a before dyno, and then tune/dyno after. anything less than that is pure specualtion. just because a part makers says it gives 5-10 whp doesn't make it so. that is why i stated that if you believe that, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

so i say again, good luck with your mods
Old 03-13-2009, 05:39 AM
zcoupe

Originally Posted by Z04
you show me where i ever said that bolt on were not good. i said that adding bolt ons and expecting your car to perform the same as another car with the same ones is plain silly. also believing what the manufacturer does on their dyno of that vbolt on is nothing more than advertising.

fact. no two cars will ever have the same dyno, even with the same weather, humidity, mods, time of day, date on the calendar. it is just never going to happen. you may get close but i have yet to see any dynos posted on here even reflect what manufactuers claim.

i also said that the only way for you to see any gains with those mods is to do a before dyno, and then tune/dyno after. anything less than that is pure specualtion. just because a part makers says it gives 5-10 whp doesn't make it so. that is why i stated that if you believe that, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

so i say again, good luck with your mods
personally i dont really care to much how much power my car makes on a dyno. i take my car to the track which is where i hope to see a difference. i dont mind if all my mods make 2hp or 50hp as long as i see a better time on that slip im happy. considering i have an 05 base with only tp/intake/short throw i think my 13.8 is a pretty good run. with some more work ill get that time to drop. it was also a little warm out that day. 72 degrees so there was a bit of heatsoak.