Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Bolts on a SSV Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:01 AM
down_shift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolts on a SSV Manifold

I can't for the life of me get to the bolts that are under the manifold.. The right side has the bolts exposed, but the left ones are under the piping.. any suggestions or tools to get to these easier?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Phreakdout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by down_shift
I can't for the life of me get to the bolts that are under the manifold.. The right side has the bolts exposed, but the left ones are under the piping.. any suggestions or tools to get to these easier?
SSV provides a hex head tool to get the bolts on the pass side. There is no way to use regular bolts on the pass side. When installing the manifold, you place the bolts in the holes and gently lower it down in place. Then use the long end of a allen head key in between each runner. Lightly start these bolts in the threads. Once they are secured, then do the right side bolts and finish last with the front and rear nuts on the studs.

Your hardware should look like this: (Except for the 4 long throttle body bolts.) There should be 7 allen head bolts and two nuts. (One allenhead goes on a spacer bracket, six on the manifold + the front and rear nuts.)

Last edited by Phreakdout; 03-27-2009 at 11:31 AM.