Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Just swapped on a pair of Takeda Short Ram Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:30 AM
procustomize

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just swapped on a pair of Takeda Short Ram Intakes

First things first, English is my third language so please excuse my bad grammar. **I would like to show my appreciation to Henry from Statik Performance Henry@statikperformance.com who has sold me this intake and installed for me at amazing prices, he has also been a good friend of mine where he offered his consultation at all times when I have any questions regarding my Z and parts. Thanks Henry, your the best

For those who have never heard of the Takeda brand name, you are seriously missing out. I met these guys in SpoCom 2009 and immediate caught my attention as I have been trying to change my intakes on my 08 Nismo Z. First thing caught my attention was the dry air filter with double wire (different size wires) technology for increased performance in filtering. The personal there showed me the filter where outside has larger wire texture and the interior has much finer wire texture composition. While I visited other intake companies such as AEM and Injen at the same show, they don't have this same feature to further improve filtering. Another thing is how easy we can clean this filter. No water, no oil, simply vacuum the surface of this filter and you are done. This has the easiest cleaning process I've heard in my past researches for an air intake.

After I've learned this company and their magnificent work in tech development on intakes (www.takedausa.com), I went home and logged onto their website to see some dyno charts. It claimed that it was able to put out 10HP and 8-9 lb of torque gains. At first I thought this is another bad dyno just like the Nismo claim on 14HP and 10 lb gain where everyone seems to said its BS, but after I've installed the Takeda on my Z and completely changed my assumptions.

After the intake install, I was testing to see if there are any check engine lights and abnormal status on the car, it turned out to be perfectly normal and smooth. After the first sight inspections, I gave it some gas to hear the sound difference. The first thing came in my mind was indescribable joy. It sounded much smoother than the OEM intake also much much more aggressive than ever before.

After long hours of battery unplug to reset the ECU, the driving experience has improved dramatically where at the lower 2K-4K rpm zones, I feel a much stronger pull compared to the OEM intake.

The sound, the gain, the look under the hood, what else can you ask for? I was initially going to get the JWT pop charger but after I found the repeated problems of stalling at high speed neutral gear problem, I've decided to go with this instead. And I am glad I've made that decision.

For those who are not afraid to try something new, this is the intake you would want at your budget. Just look for Henry at henry@statikperformance.com, he will hook you up for sure. The best thing about Henry is that he carry almost everything and anything at the best prices. Give him a shot and you'll understand what I mean. I can guaranteed that he is legit and quality is all so satisfying along with his dedicated customer services. If you need help installing the intake, you can just give him a call and he'll do it at a very good price.

I'll post up some pics after I get the chance to take them.

In conclusion, this is definitely a good choice of intake to go for! I would give it an 9 out of 10 for sound/performance/and looks. Plus, this is Nismo friendly
Old 06-29-2009, 09:42 AM
ryanschram

Old 06-29-2009, 09:46 AM
procustomize

Originally Posted by ryanschram
Lol I saw this coming please be patient young Jadi, I am at work now and no camera with me, I'll post it tonight or something. Feel free to check out the Takeda website for fine images for your visual reference thumbup
Old 06-29-2009, 10:06 AM
only350z

I don't think your gonna get much gains from these intakes...

AEM had a new filter a while back which is called "Dryflow" filter which I think is the same concept.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:48 AM
2KRacing_JM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Default Takeda Intakes, New, but not New.

Just wanted to let you know that the Takeda Co is a new line that comes from the AFE company. AFE is known for the European Performance intakes. They make high quality intakes and they are actually advertising some descent gains. Very comparable to the Injen short ram, just a bit cheaper but I would say better in quality.

Pic and some info at our site

http://www.2kracing.com/Product/2111414.html
Old 06-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I like this, "The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prohibits a manufacturer from voiding a warranty simply because you did not use a specified replacement part. The manufacture has to prove that the aftermarket application caused the problem. For more information, http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/busi...#Magnuson-Moss "
Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 AM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF they have a plenum spacer for the 370?
Old 08-21-2010, 02:51 PM
SpeedKilz

Anyone have any new updates or opinions on this Takeda intake?
Old 08-21-2010, 10:17 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

20hp gain for my z. Im ordering right now
Old 08-22-2010, 08:07 AM
SpeedKilz

20 hp?! You have a 370z I assume?
Old 08-22-2010, 08:34 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedKilz
20 hp?! You have a 370z I assume?
Old 08-22-2010, 06:48 PM
srsairbags

Red face

imho best intake is stock (or lets say best compromise in between sram and CAI) with drop in k&n and a post MAF hose (maybe) . . . the one like COBB makes
Old 08-24-2010, 03:22 AM
SpeedKilz

Well I ordered dual Takeda's from Works Concepts and got a great deal. I will post pics and updates once received and installed!

https://my350z.com/forum/members/113...-concepts.html
Old 08-29-2010, 07:18 PM
SpeedKilz

All installed and pleased so far

Old 08-30-2010, 11:47 AM
srsairbags

Question

Originally Posted by SpeedKilz
All installed and pleased so far

looks sweet . . . how does it sound ? ?
Old 08-30-2010, 03:59 PM
SpeedKilz

It sounds pretty mean. I can start to hear it around 3700-4000 rpm and it gets throatier from there. If you are ever interested in one, shoot a PM to Works Concepts...Eric gave me a great deal.