Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Exhaust Noise Solution

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 04:45 PM
RAYZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chi-TownWarrior
Well if you look around at some exhaust you'll see that they don't have flex pipes (Fast Intentions for example). Nobody has experienced any cracking with those exhaust, and the few others that don't. That was one of the key pieces of info I was looking for before I went this route.

I've gotten extra flanges, and got some better quality flex pipe, so if something breaks, I can fix it.
Good point. I'm actually looking at getting an exhaust system next season and with Fast Intentions being one i'm seriously considering on getting, would love to know how this design works out.

Keep us updated
Old 11-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Chi-TownWarrior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kramykram
idk but if you look at the exhaust design i beleive the whistling noise is caused by that tube that runs up to the back part of the muffler. where it bends and goes up. try seeing if you can stuff a towl in it and see if it goes away. i hated the way it did that when i had my hks. but im pretty sure thats where it comes from.
Well as of now the noise is gone. We went and checked every inch of my exhaust looking for a leak. This involved me being in the car while up on the lift revving, while 2 guys were under my car looking and listening for any leaks.

Originally Posted by RAYZ33
Good point. I'm actually looking at getting an exhaust system next season and with Fast Intentions being one i'm seriously considering on getting, would love to know how this design works out.

Keep us updated
Will do. As I said above. The noise is gone, and now I'm happy. If I come to anymore findings (ie: I try welding in the flex pipes, or even try a different x-pipe) I'll keep the masses informed.