Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

SRS exhaust clip (chaged the tips)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Colombo

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default SRS exhaust clip (chaged the tips)

not a bad sounding exhaust if u ask me.. test pipes will b here tom so ill take a video after that.

this is a 04 enthusiast w a jwt pop charger stock y pipe n stock cats.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/advanracing1/hallow007.flv">
Old 11-04-2009, 04:05 AM
duro78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good kind of like the borla. Not too loud yet still aggressive def not hey look at me my car sounds fast but isnt
Old 11-04-2009, 05:52 AM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was looking at getting those, hows the fitment? I saw one fs on ebay for $200 shipped. Its either that or the hks knockoff ive been hearing good about. The only other exhaust i actually want is the motordyne, but with my car being so low it would suck scraping the hell out of such a nice expensive exhaust

Last edited by Toby-22; 11-04-2009 at 05:53 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Colombo

i think once the test pipes r on it should be just the right tone and loudness.. and asfar as fitment. ill just say it could be better. but w a lil tweaking of the hangers everything went fine. **** for the price i would have been wiling to chop it up if i had 2... but it fits OK. tips hang a lil off the bumper tho but thats an easy fix
Old 11-04-2009, 09:55 AM
JuanD

i have an srs on my Z aswell.

ive had it for about 5 months. and somehow the inside of the muffler has come loose , and rattles horribly.

at first it was the tips rattling , so i fixed those. and all was fine , till now.

n i always had the problem of the left tip hangng lower than the right.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Colombo

Originally Posted by JuanD
i have an srs on my Z aswell.

ive had it for about 5 months. and somehow the inside of the muffler has come loose , and rattles horribly.

at first it was the tips rattling , so i fixed those. and all was fine , till now.

n i always had the problem of the left tip hangng lower than the right.
have u contacted ur seller? i spoke w the vendor of minee prior to purchase and he told me if anything was to happen to it as far as poor manufacturing like whats happening to yours for example that they would replace it on them. . id shoot them an email if i were u. guy i spoke w was very cool. and my tips never rattled nor was 1 tip lower then the other. they were even just a lil off the bumper (no1 else noticed but me)
Old 11-04-2009, 10:42 AM
JuanD

i had contacted them at first , for the tips issue , i ended up fixing it myself. and told them not to wory about it.

now its been like 5-6 months since then , so they'll probably give me the run-around..it was an ebay seller...
Old 11-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Colombo

Originally Posted by JuanD
i had contacted them at first , for the tips issue , i ended up fixing it myself. and told them not to wory about it.

now its been like 5-6 months since then , so they'll probably give me the run-around..it was an ebay seller...

^^^ thats a big word there. not ever gonna find out like that. whats the worst that can happen. u got 6 months outta a 200 doller exhaust.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:12 PM
JuanD

lol. i guess you're right.

ill post up what they reply.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:31 AM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had this exhaust at one point...it sucked...

for the first week it sounded great, nice and quite...slightly louder than stock...then the tips rattled...got that fixed...it was awkardly tilted and then had to get the hangers bent, which didnt even fix it...fitment was horrible...THEN something in the muffler came loose and it rattled in there...by then I knew it was time to buy a NISMO exhaust...problem solved...

basically, dont expect super quality from SR*S
Old 11-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Colombo

Originally Posted by brandon3434
i had this exhaust at one point...it sucked...

for the first week it sounded great, nice and quite...slightly louder than stock...then the tips rattled...got that fixed...it was awkardly tilted and then had to get the hangers bent, which didnt even fix it...fitment was horrible...THEN something in the muffler came loose and it rattled in there...by then I knew it was time to buy a NISMO exhaust...problem solved...

basically, dont expect super quality from SR*S

hmm maybe they have improved it since then? i bought mine n installed over a month n a half ago mayb and i havent had any of the above problems fitment wasnt perfect. but nothing to ***** about for 200 bucks. sat even on both sides. and even after 2 solo2 event and agressive street driving muffler doesnt sound any different nor has it come apart. dono.. but ill report if anything does happen. so far so good not to mention even if the muffler does end up ****ing up u can just buy a rear section from any simular make and bolt up. or buy a borla muffler/bassani (insert your fav muffler here) and have it put in its place. and still not have paid over 400-500 for a exhaust.n
Old 03-15-2010, 07:51 AM
o2sys

Originally Posted by Colombo
hmm maybe they have improved it since then? i bought mine n installed over a month n a half ago mayb and i havent had any of the above problems fitment wasnt perfect. but nothing to ***** about for 200 bucks. sat even on both sides. and even after 2 solo2 event and agressive street driving muffler doesnt sound any different nor has it come apart. dono.. but ill report if anything does happen. so far so good not to mention even if the muffler does end up ****ing up u can just buy a rear section from any simular make and bolt up. or buy a borla muffler/bassani (insert your fav muffler here) and have it put in its place. and still not have paid over 400-500 for a exhaust.n
So after 5 months any other thoughts or reviews?

Did you install the T/P with this exhaust?

Your SR*S looks bit different from the other Ebay ones as it shows welds on the muffler canister as were the other ebay ones seem like a one pcs of block.