Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Nismo intake install question (by pass valve)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 09:55 PM
Import-Tooner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo intake install question (by pass valve)

Hey-
I started putting my intake on today and everything went well until it was time to put on my by pass valve. The intake came with pretty good instructions and it said where to place the by pass valve. When I went to put it on, the intake tubing was way bigger than the holes in the grommets for the valve. I put soap and water on it and fought with it for like 45 minutes. I still couldn't ever get it to fit. I would say that the hole is 3/4 of an inch too small. Do you think that for some reason I got the wrong by pass valve? I ended up taking some hose from one of my old intakes and using it in place of the valve for now. But, I really want to get that on. Has anyone else had this problem? What should I do?
Old 10-25-2003, 04:41 PM
Import-Tooner

I got to drive my car today. I LOVE the way it sounds. I can't wait for exhaust
Old 10-25-2003, 10:09 PM
Sean00500

I have the nismo intake on my car, i had trouble too but i didnt seem to have any trouble with the bypass valve, i just got fat hands and fingers so it was hard to reach into certain spots, i wound up jackin the car up, and takin the wheel and the plastic protecters off ha ha, had plenty of room then, i think u might have gotten the wrong part somewhere, or maybe used the wrong piping in a diff area, cuuz although there was a lot of tight squeezes with the tubing, i got everythin in and i agree with u, it sounds so much nicer with the CAI on.
Old 10-26-2003, 07:00 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We just found out on Saturday that Nissan may have packed a couple (a bunch) of wrong water bypass valves in the kit. We will contact Nissan on Monday about replacement procedures. I opened all my boxes today and did find one out of 22 boxes. PM Jenny (Jenny@Performance) and we'll fix this for you right away.
Old 10-26-2003, 10:02 AM
Import-Tooner

I think that I am going to just call my dealer... I don't want to bother you guys with something that isn't your problem. That is just my luck to get the one that has the wrong valve