Old 04-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Done Deal DR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's part of the article I found on the forums:
https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...m-burning.html
Old 04-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Smoothy34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All i know and care about is i'm extremely happy with the sound, looks and performance of it.I can definitely feel a kick in power and torque from 2000 rpm and up and I'd recommend it to anybody who asks what kind it is.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:33 PM
ppwpz33

Originally Posted by Done Deal DR
I read an article a few months back explaining in detail several different ways to achieve this exact same effect, and the outcome looked exactly like this. I think saying that there is any actual titanium in this product, other than the tips, is quite a stretch but I have no way of 100% verifying that. Either way looks like a quality piece.

Let me see if I can dig that article up.

P.S. Did anyone actually weigh this exhaust prior to installing?
I didn't weigh it but the weights are printed on the boxes they come in so I can share that with you I just gotta go look at the boxes.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:05 PM
valiant

Here are a couple of vids of my car with the Exotic Speed exhaust:

Vid 1: Before and after revving

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HEdEm8nrNIc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HEdEm8nrNIc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Vid 2: Fly-bys and in car

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MfsLUR6-UsY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MfsLUR6-UsY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 04-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Smoothy34

How are you liking it so far Valiant?
Old 04-18-2010, 05:46 PM
valiant

Originally Posted by Smoothy34
How are you liking it so far Valiant?
I am loving the sound so far. It is the exact tone I was looking for without having to pay an arm and a leg. I have gotten many compliments on it as well.

The tips are a bit bigger than I was expecting but not ridiculously big. If my car weren't blue I might not like the blue tips but on my car people seem to think the tips are just shiny and the blue is a reflection from the car.

Overall, I am very happy with it. Made me fall in love with my Z all over again
Old 04-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Smoothy34

Originally Posted by valiant
I am loving the sound so far. It is the exact tone I was looking for without having to pay an arm and a leg. I have gotten many compliments on it as well.

The tips are a bit bigger than I was expecting but not ridiculously big. If my car weren't blue I might not like the blue tips but on my car people seem to think the tips are just shiny and the blue is a reflection from the car.

Overall, I am very happy with it. Made me fall in love with my Z all over again
I hear you...everything you said, i feel as well...especially the falling in love with the z all over again...It's the perfect exhaust for me i think...stock sound but magnified and agressive when you step on it...i love it
Old 04-21-2010, 07:58 AM
msmuriellz

Dress up boutique is on exotic speeds dealer list.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:20 PM
c0ld29

valiant, from what it sounds like the in cabin noise is pretty much like the stock exhaust until you get on it, is that true or just an effect of the video camera?
Old 05-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Smoothy34

Originally Posted by c0ld29
valiant, from what it sounds like the in cabin noise is pretty much like the stock exhaust until you get on it, is that true or just an effect of the video camera?
In my opinion, thats exactly what it sounds like...down low=stock with authority, past 3500-4000= nasty! It really opens up and sounds amazing when you're on it
Old 05-02-2010, 10:53 AM
valiant

Originally Posted by c0ld29
Yup! I admit that the audio of that video isn't the greatest.. but yes, it sounds pretty much stock until you step on it and then it's rather loud... but in a good way
Old 05-24-2010, 02:06 PM
J. Dub

OP how do you like the sound now that you have HFC's?
Old 05-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Smoothy34

Originally Posted by J. Dub
OP how do you like the sound now that you have HFC's?
Its a tad louder, but not obnoxious...and absolutely sounds killer in the top half of the rev range, still subtle down low...More exotic sounding now up high with the high flows on...
Old 05-27-2010, 05:51 AM
J. Dub

smoothy and valiant. Both your vids are just the R1-T but Smoothy in your vid on post #16 of your friends silver z is it a PWR or PWR Si?
and Valiant yours is the PWR or the PWR Si?

Either of you have drone or rasp? (Smoothy before your HFC's did you have drone/rasp?

Last edited by J. Dub; 05-27-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Smoothy34

Originally Posted by J. Dub
smoothy and valiant. Both your vids are just the R1-T but Smoothy in your vid on post #16 of your friends silver z is it a PWR or PWR Si?
and Valiant yours is the PWR or the PWR Si?

Either of you have drone or rasp? (Smoothy before your HFC's did you have drone/rasp?
I have the R1-T PWR version, a bit louder than the Si version...and no i had no drone or rasp before or after hfc that i can hear, but what i do have is a lil bit of heat shield rattle which will be taken care of next time it's on a lift, but barely noticable when the stereo is off...As for the vid..he has the same as i do, except an older version. Mine has updated resonator and muffler canisters(different packing in the canisters and a touch longer midpipe resonator) Hope this helps
Old 05-28-2010, 09:24 PM
J. Dub

Thanks for the help Smoothy.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:13 PM
xthejokerx

Originally Posted by Smoothy34
Its a tad louder, but not obnoxious...and absolutely sounds killer in the top half of the rev range, still subtle down low...More exotic sounding now up high with the high flows on...
can u post vid of it with hfc? i'm more concerned with the infamous rasp of the hfc *shrugs*
Old 05-30-2010, 06:06 AM
Smoothy34

Originally Posted by xthejokerx
can u post vid of it with hfc? i'm more concerned with the infamous rasp of the hfc *shrugs*
Like i said before...there isn't any rasp that i've noticed...mind you i haven't driven the car at the track yet since hfc install, but in normal everyday driving so far, (ie not taken to redline) from idle to about 5kish rpm there is no rasp that i can hear...only a slight heat shield rattle. Maybe its the brand of hfc i got which are the Fast Intentions ones...no rasp here lol

Last edited by Smoothy34; 05-30-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:36 AM
markcg09

Is this exhaust just as loud as the nismo s-tune? Interested in getting this or the nismo if one pops up. I just don't want any unwanted attention from the pd. I have the godspeed / x02 exhaust + x-pipe (not yet installed) but I'm considering the exotic speed if it has a tad bit less volume from what I have.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:08 PM
viceversa

the x02 is much louder than the exotic speed. I have resonated test pipes with my exotic speed and its actually not that loud at all.

Quick Reply: <<is a new Exoticspeed owner