Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

cx x02 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Jairen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZVertGirl
what is the difference in the 2 magnaflow part numbers? it seems to me the 14386 has a bigger gap between the inlets and outlets.
They are the same except for the outer finish. Otherwise identical.

11386: Stainless
14386: Polished.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Steve-O Z33

CX Racing w/ magnaflow x-pipe muffler. Also has HFCs and headers +other stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8g4rswEs4k

Less throttle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPnU8S-SMGw

Definitely won't be as loud if you have stock cats and headers.

Last edited by Steve-O Z33; 10-04-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:24 AM
dwrecckk

Originally Posted by Jairen
They are the same except for the outer finish. Otherwise identical.

11386: Stainless
14386: Polished.
So I put this exhaust on tonight, fit was not amazing, but it was to be expected, has some light touching on the rear swaybar and the driver side tip is touching the bumper. I'm going to have it readjusted as soon as my X pipe comes in the mail. Don't really much like the sound of the car now, it doesn't have very much tone. It's mostly just an noise that increases in volume. It sounds quite good at certain RPM's, but those few times are outweighed by the majority. Performance peddler is upto 83 shipped at this point, I guess my350z and G35driver are giving them a lot of business on #11386.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:44 AM
350zhr

stevo z33, your intake sounds good. but you cant here the exhaust when you let off the gas right in front or before you get the camera.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Steve-O Z33

Originally Posted by 350zhr
stevo z33, your intake sounds good. but you cant here the exhaust when you let off the gas right in front or before you get the camera.
Yeah, we had the camera too close to a dead end. I wasn't trying to run out of room. I'll get a good video soon. I'm not too happy with that 1. I need 1 from behind the car.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:13 PM
dwrecckk

Just want to say that i got my Xpipe welded in today. It was 80 total for the welding and the exhaust adjustment. It's still not perfectly centered but it's much better than before and my exhaust guy said it'd be hard to fix it much more. I gotta say that the tone of the exhaust does sound better and it took away some of the uglier sounds of the replica, but it quieted this exhaust down A LOT. Almost too much I think. Did you guys who installed the resonated X pipe notice it getting louder after breaking it in? Hopefully this is the case. I've only driven the exhaust for about 50 miles and put about 10 on the resonator so hopefully the sound will be louder when both are broken in? (I know the exhaust is supposed to be quieter when fully broken in but maybe not the X?) For all the trouble I spent on this thinking it'd be an amazing exhaust/sound/look, I think I might have been better off just keeping my HR Y-pipe on my G with the stock exhaust. That stock G sound is hard to match in terms of tone. :[ I do feel like it does pick up a few ponies and a good amount of torque all over the powerband, so I can't complain. Close to stock volume, and more power, I might do what Jairen suggested and try to find a super cheap 350z stock muffler and use those tips.

Last edited by dwrecckk; 10-07-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Zazz93

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The CX cans will get louder, but the change will be very gradual. However, I can't imagine its too quiet for you though... I know the internal sound goes down substanially but the exterior sound-output just changes marginally.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Jairen

Quiter + more torque and high end pull FTW.

I have test pipes so it sounds a little more "raw" and has more of a rumble.

Post a video if you can! That will be helpful.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:03 PM
dwrecckk

Originally Posted by Zazz93
The CX cans will get louder, but the change will be very gradual. However, I can't imagine its too quiet for you though... I know the internal sound goes down substanially but the exterior sound-output just changes marginally.
Well, you had the unresonated Xpipe on yours, as well as HFC's and other things, so it sounds substantially more raw and aggressive. Same with Jairen's G. That dyno video of your car at Church's Dyno is what sold me on the exhaust setup. It sounded absolutely amazing on there, but I guess that extra raw sound of the HFC/Test pipes is what really makes it what it is. I'd love to post a video but my iPhone just got stolen. I am phoneless and cameraless at the moment.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Zazz93

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with the HFCs and Test pipes making a difference I just didn't think it was that big.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:47 PM
dwrecckk

So, after driving my car around for a while today, I am a little more used to the new exhaust tone. It's kind of strange, with the stock exhaust it has the loudest output at around 3k-4500k. With this exhaust it's most noisy at like 2k-3k. I almost feel like it's quieter on the top end than it is in the low end. Also it's more noisy under partial throttle as opposed to WOT. Very strange. In any case, it does sound pretty good :] Taking off from a standstill is a lot more fun now and it seems like above 4500k has a noticable difference in power, while the low end has gained some usable torque. All in all, I'm pretty happy, I just have to sort out my tip situation. Seems like guys on G35driver just GIVE away their mufflers, like 10-15 bucks because no one wants them, but all the Z guys treat them like they're gold plated. I need to store a deal on a dented stock axleback section or something to get the tips. I'm going to drill new holes and mount the replica tips further out for the time being (they're like an inch tucked into the bumper right now) and see if that improves the "look", though I did kind of mangle one of the tips while trying to get the canister to fit properly. Oh well, all the more reason to get new ones. I'll update some photos and hopefully a video soon.

Last edited by dwrecckk; 10-08-2010 at 02:49 PM.