Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Motordyne Shockwave + ART = 317 HP/ 272TQ to the Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 05:47 PM
klaze1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

once i get the tdx v2 in im gonna have a dyno tune done, most likely @ church auto as well, only difference will be the G3's I have, look forward to seeing what kind of numbers I make
Old 10-12-2010, 06:36 PM
SamSpicer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So thats like a 30whp gain from a full motordyne setup with a tune? Wow, impressed! With a Motordyne Nismo that Bad A$$ you guys need to make an intake manifold for the HR, not just the VHR.

Last edited by SamSpicer; 10-12-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

You HR guys are already starting with the good stuff.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:55 AM
67ZNISMO

^yeah, us HR guys are so greedy
Old 10-13-2010, 10:01 AM
SamSpicer

We need MOAR! lol Didn't you guys dramatically change the inside of the manifold?
Old 10-13-2010, 11:24 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

yea more on the HR manifold modified to fit a 370 yet you guys aren't fab one for us!!

me mad!

me no understand!
Old 10-17-2010, 11:20 PM
nismo_pinoy

Wow.....300+ at the wheel? Im a proud owner of all motordyne products..... but would the HR engine make that much of a diffirent? or a tuned at least? i got my DE revup dynoed with exact the same type of dyno (dyno pack) and my highest was 238hp??????? and i have the MREV2 and 5/16 spacer with art and shockwave V2......
Old 10-18-2010, 01:46 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

^^^

wait you don't have a tune with those mods???
Old 10-18-2010, 07:06 AM
nismo_pinoy

Originally Posted by KingBaby
^^^

wait you don't have a tune with those mods???

Would it make much of a diffirent like bump my horsepower up to 270+ at least? Ive been quoted to get my car tuned with OSiRIS Rev-up..... It'll cost me 1000$....... So i didnt think it would be worth the tuned for thAt price......
Old 10-18-2010, 07:31 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Nice gains. On a Dynojet with similar mods, mine did 293rwhp.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nismo_pinoy
Wow.....300+ at the wheel? Im a proud owner of all motordyne products..... but would the HR engine make that much of a diffirent? or a tuned at least? i got my DE revup dynoed with exact the same type of dyno (dyno pack) and my highest was 238hp??????? and i have the MREV2 and 5/16 spacer with art and shockwave V2......
Different dynos across the country all show different results because they have different calibrations. I wouldn't worry about the absolute numbers, as much as how you dyno relative to others on that same dyno.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:02 PM
nismo_pinoy

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Different dynos across the country all show different results because they have different calibrations. I wouldn't worry about the absolute numbers, as much as how you dyno relative to others on that same dyno.

yah i kind of thought of that too............thanks tony.....
Old 02-28-2011, 09:36 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Bump...

Any more confirming cars?
Old 12-07-2011, 03:27 PM
ronn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Motordyne
Hi Guys,

This is James from Motordyne with the latest dyno and test results on my own car and experience with Shawn at Church Automotive.

The subject car is a 2008 350z Nismo (VQ35HR) with only two pieces of bolt on where both pieces are products of Motordyne Engineering; the tune was the Osiris Tune from UpRev.

Now, I know how some of you guys are skeptical about dyno pack reading and other comments about the horse power output, but that is not my focus here today. My main focus today is the comparison btween my old setup (HKS hi-power + BERK HFC) compared to (Motordyne Shockwave cat back exhaust + ART race pipes). And no matter which type of dyno you did the test on, the gap (gains) will be relatively the same and that is my goal here today to show you the difference in gain between my old setup and the Motordyne setup.

Please see the dyno graph in the attachment. The red dash line is my old setup tuned with Osiris. The green dash line is the Motordyne setup "with" the same tune as the old setup.

Finally, the purple solid line is the Motordyne setup with a re-tune by Shawn himself at Church Automotive.

If you guys look at the purple line on the TQ panel, you would find this huge increase in TQ that really provides the power 350Z has been missing in the lower power band. This is the magic of "ART race pipes". The feeling is night and day and and I'm sure anyone who's got a set of these would agree with me.

The rest of the graphs would shows how dominant our R&D result is over conventional brands. We have countless independent dyno and reviews out there on most forums, and you should be able to find them by typing "Motordyne review" in either google or the search function here.

Since we've recently got our own show car, we would also like to participate in the result pool and answer any questions from the enthusiast community.

For any inquiries and questions, please kindly email to tech@motordyneengineering.com We will get back with you within 24 hours

For ordering details, please visit our website www.motordyneengineering.com We have ARTs in stock, and shockwave cat back exhaust will be in soon.

Here is the video presentation for those who lust to experience the sound. I have a couple more videos that I'll try to put up sometimes later this week, please stay tuned.

In conclusion, there are 3 points I would like to recap with this post.

1. Steroid your low end power with ART race pipes!

2. Here is a formula you'll love: ART + Shockwave + tune = Welcome to the 300 whp club.

3. Dominate results at conventional price is Motordyne Engineering.
Year old post...but I have some comparative info. I'm going to ART pipes soon.

Here is my 08 dynoed at same place...same dyno.

NOTE: THIS DYNO READS 8% HIGHER THAN DYNOJET. IT'S TO THE HUBS THEMSELVES. THAT'S 25HP HIGHER HERE. SO A BONE STOCK HR WOULD BE AROUND 285 HP ON THIS. I HAVE SEEN STOCK G37 TESTED ON THIS DYNO AT 303 HP..WHICH MAKES SENSE, SINCE THEY ARE AROUND 20HP HIGHER THAN HR.

Lower line (red) is with Nismo intakes and Osiris tune by Church.
Upper line (blue..turns to light red on HP graph) s with Invidia Gemini added.
306HP...STOCK CATS. Note how CLOSE my dyno is compared to OPs (Pre ART pipes) Only difference was that he had BERK HFCs vs my stock cats..I had Nismo Intakes vs his stock intakes. Kinda looks like *trade off* gains HFCs=Nismo Intakes here.

scan0003-3.jpg?t=1314321120

OPs dyno to compare:

Last edited by ronn1; 12-07-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:40 AM
B-Mackin

Amazing, well done. I have the TDX2, ART test pipes and Injen intakes on my HR. Im currently working with tony to get my art's sealed correctly to my headers, we are on the 3rd try. As soon as that's done and i have my cluch and 12 lb flywheel in I'll be getting it tuned useing my Osiris UpREV. Is church automotive in LA? If so I might wait to get it tuned till I'm back in CA.

Last edited by B-Mackin; 07-26-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:53 AM
FixthatF-16

Originally Posted by B-Mackin
Amazing, well done. I have the TDX2, ART test pipes and Injen intakes on my HR. Im currently working with tony to get my art's sealed correctly to my headers
You have the near exact set up I'm wanting to go with. I already have the Injen CIA installed on my car, and throughout my deployment I'll be ordering the ART pipes and TDX2. Do you have after market headers installed?

Please let me know the numbers you get once it's tuned! Thanks!