Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

TopSpeed Pro N-1 Exhaust Video clips

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 05:59 PM
KJY9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: PIX of the Pro-1

Originally posted by vics350
Wow, that's an impressive list of mods. you put together. I've heard the video of the exhaust and thought it sounded great by itself but was wondering how much louder yours is with the Y-pipe, cats, etc. I am considering this setup but your opinion on how much louder it is with these other mods. would be appreciated. What does your butt dyno tell about the car now with these upgrades?

Also, have you done any video clip with these mods? I would love to see and hear what your car is like now.

Thanks for your input.
The Pro-1 without the silencers is even louder than the exhaust I had in that video. So much so that I actually put the silencers in (which I thought I would never do).
Now it's actually a little louder than stock when I'm not getting on it, but when you aggressively accelerate, it gets louder and sounds GREAT!
I read in the classified forum that one guy said it was too loud for him even with the silencer in it.
I don't agree.
I'll be going down to Dallas on Thursday to have my ECU Flashed by Fisher Speed. It'll be dyno'd before and after. And I'll be videoing the dyno.
Will post both the dyno sheets along with the video by Saturday at the latest providing all goes well.
Look for a new thread by me on Friday or Saturday with something about "mods" in the title
Old 01-13-2004, 06:15 PM
ZISBAK

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: PIX of the Pro-1

I'll be going down to Dallas on Thursday to have my ECU Flashed by Fisher Speed. It'll be dyno'd before and after. And I'll be videoing the dyno.
Will post both the dyno sheets along with the video by Saturday at the latest providing all goes well.

where and when, I would love to come by to check out the Dyno if you don't might?

Last edited by ZISBAK; 01-13-2004 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:21 PM
KJY9

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PIX of the Pro-1

Originally posted by ZISBAK

where and when, I would love to come by to check out the Dyno if you don't might?
I don't mind at all.
I hope to be there by 4:30-5:00 pm (5 hour drive for me).
PM me your cell # or PM me and i'll PM you mine.
I'm going to try to make the Dallas Z Car get together later that night after the flash
Old 01-13-2004, 08:21 PM
moog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We're having a mini meet in Plano, which is where Fisher Speeds mailing address is on Saturday...will you still be in town then? I know they'll be at Rotary Performance doing to the dyno tuning, but Plano is just 20-30 minutes away.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:38 AM
KJY9

Originally posted by moog
We're having a mini meet in Plano, which is where Fisher Speeds mailing address is on Saturday...will you still be in town then? I know they'll be at Rotary Performance doing to the dyno tuning, but Plano is just 20-30 minutes away.
Not sure yet...PM me the details please??
Thanks
Old 01-14-2004, 06:24 PM
moog

PM sent to ya KJY9...

You coming to the meet ZISBAK?
Old 01-14-2004, 07:19 PM
ZISBAK

You coming to the meet ZISBAK? [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, But pm me the info, and i will try to come out there. Hopefully the weather will be nice as well, it supposed to rain this weekend. I hope not.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:30 PM
KJY9

Originally posted by ZISBAK
You coming to the meet ZISBAK?
I'm not sure, But pm me the info, and i will try to come out there. Hopefully the weather will be nice as well, it supposed to rain this weekend. I hope not. [/B][/QUOTE]

Good meeting you tonight Tony...next time I'm in town we'll have to get together
Old 01-16-2004, 07:40 PM
KJY9

Here are two clips of the Pro-1 done when we were dyno tuning the ECU yesterday.
Please right click and "save as"
First one is with the silencers OUT
http://www.imaginetstudio.com/350z/silenceout.wmv

Next one is with the silencers IN, the way it's daily driven.
http://www.imaginetstudio.com/350z/silencein.wmv

2HP more ponies with the silencers out....not near enough to make me want to drive it with them out. The entire dashboard sounds like it's going to vibrate right out of the car with them out.
ZISBAK a.k.a. Tony has the same exhaust and he was there yesterday, but he has the stock headers, cats and Y-Pipe and it's not nearly as loud. I'm running the Crawford Headers, Crawford Cats and Fujitsubo Y-Pipe with the exhaust on mine and it's a night and day difference between the two.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:59 PM
moog

oh god...i know mine is loud as what...can't imagine yours w/ the rest of the exhaust mods...mind numbing to say the least?
Old 01-17-2004, 08:17 AM
KJY9

Originally posted by moog
oh god...i know mine is loud as what...can't imagine yours w/ the rest of the exhaust mods...mind numbing to say the least?
With the silencers out yes. With them in, the cabin noise is not as loud as you'd think, as a matter of fact Ethan was surprised at how much quieter it was in the cabin than it is being outside and behind the car. At idle you can barely tell the diff between the Pro-1 with the silencers in and a stock exhaust....but when you go WOT...watch out lol
Old 01-17-2004, 01:11 PM
vics350

Originally posted by KJY9
With the silencers out yes. With them in, the cabin noise is not as loud as you'd think, as a matter of fact Ethan was surprised at how much quieter it was in the cabin than it is being outside and behind the car. At idle you can barely tell the diff between the Pro-1 with the silencers in and a stock exhaust....but when you go WOT...watch out lol

Any chance you can post another drive by video like the one on your web page with your new mods? I'd love to see and hear that.

BTW, what were your dyno results?
Old 01-17-2004, 01:36 PM
KJY9

Originally posted by vics350
Any chance you can post another drive by video like the one on your web page with your new mods? I'd love to see and hear that.

BTW, what were your dyno results?
As to the driveby...yes...as soon as we get another nice day here I'll do one....as to the dyno...you don't want to know. VERY disappointing to say the least, especially after going at it for 4 hours.
Now I've got to drive 5 hours back to Dallas to finish it up.
Right now I'm running REAL rich as opposed to most people running lean.
I'll save judgement until after next weekend
Old 01-17-2004, 07:51 PM
AL350Z

I'm a "little" worried at this point about the sound level since the "dashboard vibration" comment. I'm installing my Pro-1 tomorrow and I have lsdunique test pipes installed. I have a feeling there will be a new LOUD standard set. I'll try posting a video when we are done. I can't wait.
I have tekkensux to thank for the exhaust because he could not stand how loud it was. You are a scholar and a gentlemen. Y-pipe here i come.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:55 PM
AL350Z

i just listened to the silencer-out clip and OH! MY! GOD! WHOOO! HOOO!
Old 01-18-2004, 08:17 AM
TIGHT-Z

Default To help with the noise...

If you want to control the rattling inside the car do what me and my buddy did on our Z's. We dyno matted the whole trunk area. Trust me this helps out a lot, no more rattling.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:32 AM
AL350Z

Excellent idea about the dynamat. I installed my Pro1 yesterday and I am absolutely amazed at how LOUD it is with the silencers out. I'm hoping that the passenger side muffler is hitting the metal black box under the car because the sound rattles the entire interior of the car. I'm definetly running the silencers until I go out on the weekend or dyno/drag race. I can't believe i'm saying that as I thought that it would not bother me. I knew it was gonna be loud with the test pipes but GEEZ, it sounds just like a rally car with a straight pipe. I'll have the video clip tomorrow hopefully.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:25 PM
milner

I LIKE IT
Old 01-19-2004, 05:58 PM
AL350Z

I love it ! I rev the engine every chance i get.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Sins4u33

ok i am stuck in a dillema does it put out a decent amount of HP with that noise???? and is it really soo loud that it shakes the back part of the car??? i am stuck between the nismo, borla, and pro n-1......

Ben

Quick Reply: TopSpeed Pro N-1 Exhaust Video clips