Old 07-18-2012, 03:36 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Loving the TDX2 here
Old 08-06-2012, 01:44 PM
tkuntz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welll, bad news!!!

got this bad boy installed, had that same stupid rattling issue, made that stupid fix with the hammer and thought it was good to go..

on the weekend i started hearing a leak, thought it only the gasket, resealed it and found that it was actually the flex pipe on the drivers side... must have been just been a weak spot, either way a month in and now the car has to sit hopefully Invidia will be sending a new drivers side flex pipe under warranty.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Future Z owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any updates on the exhaust and the issue with the vibration? I was looking into purchasing this exhaust and I was wondering if any updated versions of the this exhaust appeared on the market with better a clearance.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:59 PM
freddys 350z

i just installed one in my buddies car. it has NO FLEX sections. it has these pipe fitted together with springs on each side. install was flawless with no rattle.

i wonder if it is an updated one?
Old 10-12-2012, 08:03 PM
freddys 350z

here is pic.
Attached Thumbnails Vibration - Invidia Gemini - 2000rpm-photo-3.jpg  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:35 PM
ronn1

Originally Posted by JJA
I've searched but have not been able to find a solution to my specific problem. I'm not too mechanically inclined so I apologize in advance!

Just installed an Invidia Gemini. Only other modification is Stillen Gen II dual intake.

When de-accelerating when the tach hits from 2000 to about 1500 rpm there is SIGNFICANT vibration/rattle coming from what I thought at first was under the drivers side but now sounds like my dash as the exhaust is now broken in.

When installed the shop told me I may experience minor rattle because one piece of the exhaust (I believe the driver's side cat) was close to the under body of the car (see attached pic), I'm not sure if this is the problem however. From what I read, fitment of the Gemini should not be an issue...

Any thoughts on solution or anyone with a similar problem? Thank you in advance.

Looks like they changed the location of the flex section over the last year..maybe that's the problem. Here's what I have:

Last edited by ronn1; 10-12-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:56 PM
ronn1

Originally Posted by freddys 350z
here is pic.
Wow..looks like a slip fit section fit there?
Old 10-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Future Z owner

Originally Posted by freddys 350z
i just installed one in my buddies car. it has NO FLEX sections. it has these pipe fitted together with springs on each side. install was flawless with no rattle.

i wonder if it is an updated one?

Thanks for the update!!!!!! I am going to buy it now. Does anyone have any good websites that they trust where I can purchase it, I was planning on buying it through JMauto racing, please let me know if there are any better sites.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:26 AM
j3tt2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought mine from JBAutosports.com it was like $900shipped. I had the problem with the rattle and invidia just got my shipping address and are sending me the new "flex" pipe but its the spring pipes, like the other member said. It's shipping out Wednesday, and hopefully have it on in a few weeks
Old 10-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Tackett

truthfully, my exhaust rattled like a mother against the driver side floor pan.

I banged the floor pan flat and under load it still rattled a tad. Installed the stillen engine damper and no more rattle at all.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:38 PM
tkuntz

Well today I received my new flex pipe sections from Gordon Jin at Invidia. Hopefully they install just fine and work better then the last 2 that i received. Hope these pictures help some of you guys in the future with leaking flex pipes and HOPEFULLY you won't have to damage the bottom of your car to get rid of the rattle.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:34 PM
ewles

any news on how the install of the new slip joints fit? and also, any notes on any leaks/sound? seems to me like a place where it could have some very minor leakage.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM
ewles

no news? im going to be ordering this exhaust for the spring and want to make sure that i have zero issues. though, id rather pound out the floor to create clearance if i have to, before i find out about clearance issues the hard way.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:16 PM
tkuntz

Originally Posted by ewles
no news? im going to be ordering this exhaust for the spring and want to make sure that i have zero issues. though, id rather pound out the floor to create clearance if i have to, before i find out about clearance issues the hard way.
sorry to say there is no news, they are still in the box in my basement and the car is under a cover, haven't done any work since the snow flew but once i install them i will give my input as to what they are like. I certainly hope that they don't leak or break like the original ones did. It's cold out and i don't feel like laying down on a concrete floor to be honest haha... soon though!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:30 PM
j3tt2

Originally Posted by tkuntz
sorry to say there is no news, they are still in the box in my basement and the car is under a cover, haven't done any work since the snow flew but once i install them i will give my input as to what they are like. I certainly hope that they don't leak or break like the original ones did. It's cold out and i don't feel like laying down on a concrete floor to be honest haha... soon though!
I installed mine awhile back and they sound great. Exhaust note is deep and awesome. Still kinda wish I would have went with the hks but oh well I like the gemini
Old 01-11-2013, 04:52 AM
ewles

Originally Posted by j3tt2
I installed mine awhile back and they sound great. Exhaust note is deep and awesome. Still kinda wish I would have went with the hks but oh well I like the gemini
are you talking about the slip joint resonator pipes, or the gemini system as a whole?

haha, i can completely understand you not wanting to do the install on your back in the weather lately, hopefully i will be ordering mine in a couple weeks, installing as soon as i get it. ill be in a shop, so if its still cold and you havent updated and i get slip joints, ill chime in on my thoughts
Old 01-11-2013, 09:53 AM
tkuntz

Originally Posted by j3tt2
I hear ya man, I really love the sound I get especially with TP's. If i was going JDM I was going to pull the trigger on MCR. But the Invidia will do for my current budget.

wish I could afford MCR! haha.

Originally Posted by ewles
haha, i can completely understand you not wanting to do the install on your back in the weather lately, hopefully i will be ordering mine in a couple weeks, installing as soon as i get it. ill be in a shop, so if its still cold and you havent updated and i get slip joints, ill chime in on my thoughts
yea it's been about -30, just been tinkering around on the interior installing seats and such, when it warms up I might do it or just pay the cash and get a shop to do it I hate rollin around on the floor to do it when I could support a local business for a small job like that ha.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:43 PM
ewles

I hear ya man, I really love the sound I get especially with TP's. If i was going JDM I was going to pull the trigger on MCR. But the Invidia will do for my current budget.

wish I could afford MCR! haha.
ive got TP's already, so im very excited to hear the gemini with them! i cant seem to find any good videos of the sound of it with tp's :/ usually busted by wind noise or poor micing :/
never heard of the MCR but i just googled it and omfg!

yea it's been about -30, just been tinkering around on the interior installing seats and such, when it warms up I might do it or just pay the cash and get a shop to do it I hate rollin around on the floor to do it when I could support a local business for a small job like that ha.
lol, ya, its been about the same here(except for random heat this weekend?) but im an apprentice mechanic so i will just do it at work in heat, on a hoist, its MUCH easier than laying on your back. i couldnt see a shop charging you more than 0.5h to swap those pipes out since its only what, 4 bolts? lol
Old 01-14-2013, 07:01 PM
tkuntz

yea MCR is unreal, 4500 for stainless and 6600 for Ti.

8 bolts 2 on each end of the pipe, they'll gouge 100 bones for sure cuz they can!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:30 PM
ewles

yea MCR is unreal, 4500 for stainless and 6600 for Ti.

8 bolts 2 on each end of the pipe, they'll gouge 100 bones for sure cuz they can!
its almost identical to the invidia, theres no reason for that pricing. i didnt see the SS version, just the Ti. the one thing i like better than the invidia(in terms of piping arrangement) is that the muffler cans seem to be staggared upwards towards the rear, where the invidia seems to be lower towards the rear. higher at the rear would look better with a bumper tuck, IMO, and easier to reinstall a diffuser, which we lose by removing the stock muffler.

haha, 8, my bad, i forgot to put "per pipe" in there.
thats bs... our shop is 100/hr, and i couldnt see my boss charging more then $50 for that install, and hes CHEAP, lol

Quick Reply: Vibration - Invidia Gemini - 2000rpm