Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

O2 Sensor code P2A03 + SES light on '06 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 08:51 AM
corsairprime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Current Status Update:

Update: Here's what I am going to try. I did a google search on 'PA203 SES Fix' and one of the sites was for this item. http://www.bigdaddiesgarage.com/mini-cat-cel-fix.html I ordered 2x of these to install and try out. Who knows, maybe they really will work. Here's hoping $100 wasn't spent in vain.
Well, I finally spent 30 minutes putting these inline with the original O2 sensors in the Berk HFCs. Installation was a snap. Car runs just fine in the driveway. I'll let you know if this becomes a permanent fix. Here's hoping it does.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:36 AM
rp6mt

you do know you can buy those non fouler spacers at advanced auto parts for 8 bucks.... They do work though.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by corsairprime
Current Status Update:

Well, I finally spent 30 minutes putting these inline with the original O2 sensors in the Berk HFCs. Installation was a snap. Car runs just fine in the driveway. I'll let you know if this becomes a permanent fix. Here's hoping it does.
OP, has this worked?

Originally Posted by rp6mt
you do know you can buy those non fouler spacers at advanced auto parts for 8 bucks.... They do work though.
Link?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:34 AM
vtchang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://my350z.com/forum/tuning/4783...ting-rich.html

nonfoulers don't always fix it and isn't the right solution. Do some data logging.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:26 PM
corsairprime

Default P2A03 - The saga continues

Update: Well it is time again to get the car inspected. And YES the SES light is still lit with Both P2A03 and P2A00. So I took the car to my Trusty Nissan Dealership for service and Texas State inspection. Because I live in Dallas this also means that I also have the car's OBD2 codes checked. Yeah I hear some of you out there saying I should just pay the local gas station to give me a current safety inspection. I would have considered this but the car was running so rich that my gas mileage dropped from an average of 26-28 on the highway to about 22-23 MPG. It pissed my off. So Nissan got the duty to fix it and make it run right.

I turned the car in at Nissan and off I went in my loaner Rogue 4WD. A good car in a pinch. Nissan service rep called me later that day to indicate my MAF sensor was toast and needed to be replaced. Nissan also suggested that a induction service be done. Sounded a bit hokey but I ok'd it and they proceeded. I got a call at the end of the day stating that the car was running better and that they wanted to keep it for the weekend. Ok by me. Monday rolled around and the car passed state inspection and No more SES light. At this point I am optimistic that this is an improvement. Time will tell. I'll update this thread again in 2 weeks time after the next Texas Tour and some runs to the office (Ick).

Also of note is the fact that I still am running my Berk HFCs. and no replaced O2 sensors. Just a new MAF sensor and cleaner intake. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:16 AM
*ICE*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corsairprime
Update: Well it is time again to get the car inspected. And YES the SES light is still lit with Both P2A03 and P2A00. So I took the car to my Trusty Nissan Dealership for service and Texas State inspection. Because I live in Dallas this also means that I also have the car's OBD2 codes checked. Yeah I hear some of you out there saying I should just pay the local gas station to give me a current safety inspection. I would have considered this but the car was running so rich that my gas mileage dropped from an average of 26-28 on the highway to about 22-23 MPG. It pissed my off. So Nissan got the duty to fix it and make it run right.

I turned the car in at Nissan and off I went in my loaner Rogue 4WD. A good car in a pinch. Nissan service rep called me later that day to indicate my MAF sensor was toast and needed to be replaced. Nissan also suggested that a induction service be done. Sounded a bit hokey but I ok'd it and they proceeded. I got a call at the end of the day stating that the car was running better and that they wanted to keep it for the weekend. Ok by me. Monday rolled around and the car passed state inspection and No more SES light. At this point I am optimistic that this is an improvement. Time will tell. I'll update this thread again in 2 weeks time after the next Texas Tour and some runs to the office (Ick).

Also of note is the fact that I still am running my Berk HFCs. and no replaced O2 sensors. Just a new MAF sensor and cleaner intake. Keep your fingers crossed.

any update on this so far? Do you still got the SES light right now?
Old 05-15-2016, 08:40 AM
Matt Everett

so have code p2a03 looking into the problem I have hooked up a ob2 scanner, it is reading that bank 1 and bank 2 both sensor 1 are not getting any voltage. Not going to lie I was in the ditch the other day, was not bad but the code came on after 100k after the accident. So I figured it hit some wiring but it all seems to check out. Im going to have to pull my headers just to examine for cracks I guess... Anyone else have other options? all wires are connected and the sensors dont seem to have taken damage. 08 350z