Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Stock Intake Install

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 05:10 AM
rx-kevin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Intake Install

I bought my 2006 350z with an Apexi exhaust and a AEM CAI already on it. I have read better things about keeping the stock intake on there and wanted to switch it out with the AEM. I am trying to figure out what exactly I would need to buy or trade with someone else in order to make this work. I think its the intake box, z-tube, MAF adapter (Not sure about that). I apologize for the noob question. I can figure out how to install it based on going backwards from all of the CAI install threads out there. I have already looked at the top questions and the intake/exhaust forum and searched. I was hoping the MAF sensor that I have now would carry over, but I doubt it. I'm guessing the best thing for me to do is to just trade with someone that has an 06. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:00 PM
T_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The sensor and housing carry over, but in all honesty, just keep it. Worst case scenario the current set up makes no power over stock, but it certainly doesn't make any less. Save your money.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Holy older join date for just buying a Z

+1 on just keeping it, at higher RPM's the CAI is more fun anyway.

If you do want to change back to stock you are correct with what you need: Z tube, MAF adaptor, intake box, and of course a new filter.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:26 PM
rx-kevin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted a Z for a long time I ended up trading back to stock. From what I've seen, it's more efficient and still pulls relatively cold air in. I'm not disappointed with it, but thanks for the opinions!