Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently
View Poll Results: Tomei Expreme Ti or Invidia Gemini!?
Tomei Expreme Ti
36.17%
Invidia Gemini
63.83%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

I need opinions! Invidia Gemini or Tomei Expreme.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 07:51 PM
Golden_Armz

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If u get the Tomei and also add test pipes, it will be way too loud for a daily....
Old 05-08-2015, 04:49 PM
ashram

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have art pipes and the Gemini and couldn't be happier . It's just the right sound For me not to loud,but loud enough to turn heads without being obnoxious. I'm gonna see if I can post a sound clip .
Old 05-08-2015, 04:57 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

I also have the Gemini, but it's mated to TopSpeed resonated test pipes. I love the sound!
Old 05-11-2015, 04:59 AM
lifekenophobic

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Just as an update (since the thread was bumped anyway), I ended up buying the Tomei. I really loved the sound of it, but it was just a little too loud for a daily driver IMO. I also bought the Motordyne resonated XYZ to try to calm it down, but it didn't do much for the volume. (Z1 said "it will definitely make it quieter". lol)

The Tomei has since been sold locally to a forum member (thanks again James), and I will have the Motordyne XYZ for sale pretty soon.

I'm gonna hold off on exhaust for a while, and possibly fabricate my own one day. For the record, I still recommend the Tomei whole-heartedly.

Ashram and Smoothz, I bet it does sound great with either test pipe setup. I've also heard the clips of it paired with the PPE longtubes, and it sounds very nice!
Old 05-11-2015, 05:07 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Well, at least you tried. Including my OEM setup, I'm on my 4th exhaust and will be staying with this one forever.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:51 AM
lifekenophobic

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
Well, at least you tried. Including my OEM setup, I'm on my 4th exhaust and will be staying with this one forever.
4th time's the charm! You never know for sure until you try them out. I still enjoyed the time I had with the Tomei. For now, I'm going to focus on suspension. Also getting new speakers and an amp installed tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:59 PM
0taku

Received 89 Likes on 78 Posts

The Motordyne TDX2 with test pipes (Megan Resonated) is definitely loud as hell. (But not as loud as my friends Tomei with ART Pipes. We both use the Motordyne XYZ pipes also.)

You also have to consider the car is going to be loud regardless when you steer away from the OEM Cats. I thought about trading the Motordyne with the Tomei (He sold me the motordyne to get the Tomei), but a single outlet just wouldn't look right with the TS-Rep diffuser.

Haven't had any experience with the Invidia, judging from the YT videos you should be fine with that. Seems the TDX2 is more of a street cred type of exhaust but I love mine regardless because the sound is too blissful and I get no highway drone even with the test pipes.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:17 AM
Sheasta

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I realize I'm bumping a year old thread here but just want to give my input for people who are in the same pickle and reading this. I have the tomei cat back, xyz with resonator, and art pipes... Only other thing is k&n drop ins, don't even have a full intake. This things volume is not good for a daily by any means. As someone who has owned an Evo 9 with a 3" turbo back exhaust, there's no comparison, this Z is way louder. Even in the car with the windows closed it's loud as hell. My girlfriend hates riding in the car it's so loud. With that being said I still daily it and I love it but I'm 100% popping in the silencer for my 29 hour drive to Seattle. If you're looking for a " little extra sound" or a "tame" exhaust tomei is not the way to go.