Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Debating between Bassani and Tanabe Touring Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 02:41 PM
nerdhiker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debating between Bassani and Tanabe Touring Exhaust

Any recommendations? I know this might be a very personal choice, but, I really wish I could listen to Bassani and Tanabe in person.
I am a little paranoid that after spending all the money, if I would like what I hear.

Ideally, I would like to hear it only when I Rev it up.. Not at cruising speeds..

Would True Dual Exhaust make a real difference compared to the stock/tanabe?

And how much is a fair estimate for the job? I am no good with any car work and I dont want to be taken for a ride w.r.t work estimate
Old 03-28-2014, 03:49 PM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

- Bassani and Tanabe are solid brands (obviously Tanabe is more "JDM" and offers a wider range or products)

- Both are proper exhaust systems with resonator(s) AND muffler(s), so you will only really hear them sing under throttle and they won't be raspy (especially if you plan on keeping your stock cats)

- It really is hard to choose an exhaust system based on YouTube clips... I hear you there... But if you don't have direct access to hearing them in person it's really your only choice.

- People have varying opinions on if true-dual is "better", but it really depends on the situation/tuning and if your engine is stock it will not make a difference in HP (here a helpful article I found years ago http://www.nsxprime.com/nsx-faq/exhaust-theory/)

- From my experience, most muffler shops will charge ~$100 in labor to swap exhausts. IMHO you should go to a friend's who is mechanically savvy and have him help you swap it out, working on one's car and learning from the experience is rewarding in the long run.

Just my .02