Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Whats a Pop Charger?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 12:45 PM
vic grant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the pop charger isn't a butt dyno type of power increase since it's effect occurs at the top of the rpm range. what you should notice is the engine building rpm's at a faster rate above 5k rpm due to the better air flow. somthing that develops more power at lower rpm's has more effect on how hard yo butt is pressed into the seat.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:24 PM
OCG35Coupe

Originally posted by ProjectAlpha
Ahh I see. What do you think of the quality of it cause Im a bit skeptical about JWT just cause ive never heard of them. Also is it carb legal? Reason I ask that is cause I live in California and the emission laws here sucks ***. Thanks for the info man, much appreciated.
OK, so you had no idea what a Popcharger was, but you knew it was made by JWT??
Old 02-08-2004, 09:04 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Re: Re: Ok

Originally posted by Wedge
LOL Chris.....My bad on the "Butt Dyno" explanation.

It is hard to know who is familiar with various terms used on these forums and who is not. I didn't know what the heck WOT was for a while there as an example.

Dave 90TT explained "Butt Dyno" pretty well. It simply means that the car feels like it has more power to the driver with no type of real measurement. It is like, "Is your car faster now that you put on the new exhaust?" and having the person answer "Well, it sure feels faster to me." That would be an example of a person using the "Butt (his butt) Dyno" to determine whether the car is making more power.

Ohhhhhhh!!! I get it now. All this time I have been thinking that a "butt dyno" was the dynojet type because you put your rear wheels (the butt) of your car on it. So a front wheel drive car would be something else. Cool! Thanks for enlightening me.