Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

NISMO exhaust and RT Cats

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 12:50 AM
jreiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Duflacci
I stayed at a holiday inn express last night......

Old 02-09-2004, 06:15 PM
scubasteve

OK.......the problem is fixed for good. I went to an exhaust shop that was very competent. We tried everything and only had marginal results. They ended up fabricating a new hanger for the midpipe section utilizing the factory hanger that was there. The moved the bar that connects to the rubber thing up even with the bolt point. Esentially, this was just a bracket with the prong thing that slides into the rubber thing. This brought the exhaust up about 1 inch. They did a really nice job with fabricating the new hanger mount and I have absolutely no problem with it. I did a lot of driving around the shop because I didn't want to go home again with more rattles. The fabrication of the piece is actually better because it looked as if the bending would only be a temporary solution. There is a tremendous amount of force trying to pull the exhaust down and I wuold imagine that over a few months the piece would bend back. The fabrication worked perfect and is a very strong bond which will not bend or break over time. It was easy for them to do also....cost me $30 for everything.

Now for the sound. I must say that all of this trouble is well worth the effort. I love the sound. It actually sounds just like stock, just a bit louder when you accelerate hard. It even idles quiet and during city stop and go traffic, you really don't notice the difference in the exhaust from stock. I think after 350 miles, the cats are almost broken in suficiently. I would definately do this again. The guys at the shop couldn't believe the difference. I really like this combination. For those of you who are afraid of the noise, I will tell you that it is a bit louder, but not like you would imagine. It's hard to describe the sound, but it is just perfect. Not too ricey, but your presence is known when you acclerate hard. Don't be afraid of the potential fit problems becuase they can all be remedied somehow. Thanks for everyone who had input into the situation. I am very satisfied with my exhaust now.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Duflacci

Glad you got it all worked out.......the sound gets better with the CAI
Old 02-09-2004, 09:48 PM
lotus

Cool mine go in friday. Glad you got it all worked out.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:35 AM
scubasteve

lotus, you'll love them. Remember to plug your nose for hte first hour.....they stink. Also, the noise gets better after a few hundred miles.