Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Straight piped 350z HR

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 01:12 PM
Golden_Armz

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JaxonGT
not sure what exhaust setup you're using but my test pipes (motordyne ART) didnt make any noticeable difference in acceleration. its deeper and a bit louder at lower revs but it isnt obnoxious and i most definitely am not having to over rev the **** out of it to keep up with traffic. revving to 3k and shifting still works perfectly fine after test pipes as it did when the car was stock.
ART pipes are different. They are engineered to give you hp/tq through out the rev range hence the 600 price tag. Test pipes are 150-200. And u will lose low end torque but will gain high end hp/tq. So in my case, yes I would have to rev higher to hit that sweet spot. Don't worry, I'm saving up for the ART pipes and ditching the test pipes. I'm sure it's worth it and I'm not going back to stock cats, lol

Last edited by Golden_Armz; 06-21-2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:23 AM
JaxonGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the difference between art pipes and regular test pipes may be a maximum of +/- 10 hp/tq at any given point in the power band and that's being generous. at the end of the day they're still just open pipes like any other test pipe and it wont be a power difference that someone would easily notice on the road with any brand.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:48 AM
AGreenZ

Originally Posted by JaxonGT
not sure what exhaust setup you're using but my test pipes (motordyne ART) didnt make any noticeable difference in acceleration. its deeper and a bit louder at lower revs but it isnt obnoxious and i most definitely am not having to over rev the **** out of it to keep up with traffic. revving to 3k and shifting still works perfectly fine after test pipes as it did when the car was stock.
Yea I already had my entire muffler off for a week just messing around with it and I didn't notice a difference in anything either. So im not to worried about it.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:11 AM
AGreenZ

Alright guys this is going to come to a shock to some of you... But I purchased a full new true dual cat-back exhaust system instead of going with the straight pipe from the cat back. I will be putting it on in a few days and am deff excited!! I have watched tons of videos of people who got the same exhaust and the sounds it makes!!