Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

NEW S-Tune Exhaust for Z33

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 02:14 AM
Jim Stephens

Received 444 Likes on 294 Posts

Yeah, you know, I kinda liked the "tucked" version better. LOL..not sure though. Definitely going to look at it some more and think it over.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:57 AM
TimsZee

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I may be wrong but the tucked look on the new S-tune looks odd. It looks like the newer S-tune's muffler is smaller making the exhaust piping longer and a bit odd to me. I had the Weldina version on my 03 and ended up doing a bumper tuck and don't remember it resembling these pictures. Just my thoughts.
Old 12-28-2019, 01:49 AM
brad6080

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

Agency power available? I have an original weldina s-tune muffler i picked up like two or three yrs ago in excellent shape thinking i would be able to find a mid pipe eventually. Still hunting one. Ha
Old 12-28-2019, 06:11 AM
Jim Stephens

Received 444 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by brad6080
Agency power available? I have an original weldina s-tune muffler i picked up like two or three yrs ago in excellent shape thinking i would be able to find a mid pipe eventually. Still hunting one. Ha
Sold it yesterday to a 16 year old kid who is going to love it! His Dad looked at it and said "this is going to be loud isn't it?" I said, loud for you, perfect for him!

Old 04-24-2020, 02:33 AM
podam

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi All

just a recap on this new s-tunes system, has someone else bought it and share his thought and observation?

from my side i did re-edit my video with stock/Nismo intake for you to appreciate.next step I ll install art pipes on these.

Here is bolt on installation with my stock Intake (07 HR)

Then just after I installed my R-Tune dual intake (which is a rebranded Short-ram K&N performance one) it has lower more a bit the sound .

I dig in the installation leaflet that came with and it turned out that Nissan outsourced to Mackin Industries and this system is a part of their MXP exhaust... was totally unknown to me before (made in US? China)
You can also see they made the one for the GTR also.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:31 AM
podam

For those who have the orginal S-Tune exhaust, how do you compare the sound of this one ?
Old 05-25-2020, 11:14 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,261 Likes on 2,319 Posts

Originally Posted by podam
For those who have the orginal S-Tune exhaust, how do you compare the sound of this one ?

To my ear (and through speakers), it's louder, lower tone than original S-Tune. Then again, I don't hear mine from that view/audible point. IMO, does not sound like original at all but sounds good.

Old 05-25-2020, 12:57 PM
Pasadena350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://youtu.be/Oqc6-0YuGRo
I have the original JDM Weldina S-Tune exhaust setup, I have compared it with several people who have the newer version of the S-Tune exhaust on their 350Z's.
I can say that both versions sound similar, but have slightly minor sound differences. Most people will not notice.

JDM Weldina version sounds:
-Slightly warmer tone in low-mid range rpm than your video.
-Louder at higher rpm range than your video.

Besides the sound, there are other differences between them.
The JDM Weldina S-Tune exhaust tips point slightly upwards.
It might of been designed this way to accentuate the styling of the factory S-Tune aero package in the Japanese market.

Looks similar to new version from a distance

rear of muffler and tips pointing upwards

Different badges

Old 05-25-2020, 01:44 PM
podam

Originally Posted by MicVelo
To my ear (and through speakers), it's louder, lower tone than original S-Tune. Then again, I don't hear mine from that view/audible point. IMO, does not sound like original at all but sounds good.
Hi MicVelo! Thanks for your comment , it is really hard for me to state if I should keep this one or go for a Weldina as they have both their strength. I would say it seems louder at WOT with that nice growl but from inside this is very bassy sound.

What I noticed also on a post there is that Weldina muffler is as large and big as OEM where the new S-Tune ( lets call it MXP one) is shrunk 1/3 of its width as a mini s-tune muffler from this observation smaller the muffler louder the sound.

my other observations I noticed from various YouTube video is that Weldina one seems warmer and bit louder starting in low Rpm then seems to fade.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:54 PM
podam

Originally Posted by Pasadena350Z
I have the original JDM Weldina S-Tune exhaust setup, I have compared it with several people who have the newer version of the S-Tune exhaust on their 350Z's.
I can say that both versions sound similar, but have slightly minor sound differences. Most people will not notice.

JDM Weldina version sounds:
-Slightly warmer tone in low-mid range rpm than your video.
-Louder at higher rpm range than your video.

Besides the sound, there are other differences between them.
The JDM Weldina S-Tune exhaust tips point slightly upwards.
It might of been designed this way to accentuate the styling of the factory S-Tune aero package in the Japanese market.

Looks similar to new version from a distance

rear of muffler and tips pointing upwards

Different badges

Excellent observations!! Perfect point about the fact that Weldina one tips are pointing upward, this may have significant effect on sound dispersion and how sound is perceived. whereas the new one tips are pointing horizontally.

Another observation like MicVelo originally mentioned in the post the tips are single walled compared to the dual wall that might have also an impact but I would say after saying both the big difference is the muffler size.

other than that on other video I just recorded with better microphone I noticed like a hsss when the gaz release to me it seems the new one has improved flow but it would have to be demonstrated on dyno. Also noting that both Y are very different each other, original S tune Y tube are joining later in one section

Do you have recorded Fly by of your setup that I could compare?
Old 05-25-2020, 08:10 PM
Pasadena350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent observations!! Perfect point about the fact that Weldina one tips are pointing upward, this may have significant effect on sound dispersion and how sound is perceived. whereas the new one tips are pointing horizontally.

Another observation like MicVelo originally mentioned in the post the tips are single walled compared to the dual wall that might have also an impact but I would say after saying both the big difference is the muffler size.

other than that on other video I just recorded with better microphone I noticed like a hsss when the gaz release to me it seems the new one has improved flow but it would have to be demonstrated on dyno. Also noting that both Y are very different each other, original S tune Y tube are joining later in one section

.https://youtu.be/b1ozpJREJYg

Do you have recorded Fly by of your setup that I could compare?
I will post a fly by soon, I mostly drive alone and have nobody to hold my phone and record.

Honestly, I think you should keep your S-Tune exhaust because the changes aren't very different at all, and if you get one of the JDM ones they are mostly all used and over a decade old.

Also, just incase you did not know, the original Nismo S-Tune Exhaust is:
-Marketed by Weldina
-Labeled as Nismo
-Manufactured by Fujitsubo (it is a variant of their Fujitsubo Legalis-R 350Z Exhaust)

Extremely similar, even down to the inlet of the mid pipe (notice the metal weld triangle)
-Muffler inlet pipe is in the shape of the original JDM S-Tune Exhaust
-Exhaust tips are not rolled like the newer version of the S-Tune Exhaust

..also check this youtube link below .. a video of the Fujitsubo Legalis-R 350Z Exhaust, it sounds similar to both of the S-Tune Exhausts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVxW...ature=youtu.be