Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Intake For Your 350z

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 02:01 PM
STLZ
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost Power

I feel that I have lost power by installing the JWT pop charger. But I did disconnet the battery for 10 mins. to reset the ecu and the maf. No stalling problems. It just feels like all the ponies are running.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:22 AM
donnyz

Originally posted by alex30327
Frank,

Yes my problem is now back and haunting me. It only happens during highway driving (80MPH) and is a pain! This weekend I drove down to Athens Ga, and I stalled 8 times while slowing down on the highway( 316 is a highway with many stop lights). I might take it out due to this problem. I would hate for this thing to mess up my car.

HAHA.. I live right off of 316. Too many cops on this road....watch out.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:30 AM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

I yanked off my POP charger today. After hearing about stalling problems and being paranoid about causing problems to the car, I felt uncomfortable with it on there. The car runs and idles much smoother with the stock airbox on. It also seems more responsive at lower RPMs. I think I'm going to wait for dealer installed Nismo parts only. Maybe I'll see if I can sell this thing on eBay.
Old 10-03-2002, 03:39 PM
alex30327

Frank,

I took my pop charger off tonight as well. It will void the warranty on the car, so I want to wait for the NISMO products. My impresssions putting the stock air box with the K&N filter back in after having the pop charger in for three weeks, is that I actually might have gained a couple of horses. The pop charger definitly sounds better, but I think that without a heat sheild you might actually loose some HP. I saw the pictures of the new heat shield on this site. I would like to see what the Dyno results are. I bet that why the dyno results have not been posted without the heat shiled is that you actually loose HP "not very good for sales". Also in my opinion the car sounds the same in the lower RPMs. I think that now I am going to focus on getting a NISMO exhaust system once it comes out. On my last car (Audi A4 Quattro), I put a high flow air filter in and after about 15,000 miles started having engine problems that would not go away. I'm not sure if this is due to the high flow filter, but I don't want to take any chances with my new baby until I'm 100% sure that the mods are safe.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:23 PM
dwnshift

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is just speculation but,
Maybe the problems are related to what it is foing to the Mass Air Flow sensor. I have a S4 and a lot of people wo went to cone fliter route experienced problems due to damage done to the MAS. Thye can be pretty picking little things depending on what there tolerances are.
If the sensor can only monitor a certain amount of air efficently the sometimes putting a lot more air through it (hot or cold) can do more harm than good.
I bet the real ticket onthis car will be getting more air cold air WITH a bigger MAS.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-04-2002, 01:42 PM
alex30327

This is just speculation but,
Maybe the problems are related to what it is foing to the Mass Air Flow sensor. I have a S4 and a lot of people wo went to cone fliter route experienced problems due to damage done to the MAS. Thye can be pretty picking little things depending on what there tolerances are.
If the sensor can only monitor a certain amount of air efficently the sometimes putting a lot more air through it (hot or cold) can do more harm than good.
I bet the real ticket onthis car will be getting more air cold air WITH a bigger MAS.
Just my 2 cents.

I agree!
Old 10-11-2002, 04:48 AM
kjohnl

AEM
Old 10-11-2002, 07:23 AM
liquidculture

Default Do intakes void the Nissan warranty?

Does Nissan Void the Warranty for things like changing the intake?
What about other things that are motified such as the ECU?
Old 10-11-2002, 08:57 AM
STLZ
Banned

Default warranty

If the problem is a direct relation to the air charger or the ecu, then yes it voids the warrany. But if the problem has no relation to either then no.
Old 10-11-2002, 02:21 PM
dwnshift

Another theory.............
If (trying to be political) the air filter in the engine bay is sucking in hot air......the air is more dense. The ECU might be trying to compinsate for this andthats why there is a stalling problem.
We are currently fabricating our own intake (which we may or may not sell)
Some things to look at.........
The stock air box will be getting a good amount of air since its only source of air is coming form a high preasure area (front of the car).
The filter in the engine bay will just be getting whatever air spills into that area and will take the first batch of air it can get.
The intake may sound louder than stock becasue the intake noise is muffled inside the stock air box, but that doesnt mean its better. The stock air box would have more of a ram air effect becasue its getting air froma higher preasure source.
The AEM is a great idea becasue it is getting truly fresh air.
To go one step further would be to have an element getting as much fresh (cold air) from a high preasure source (more of the ram air effect)
Old 10-12-2002, 08:24 AM
Traffic

What about HKS, GReddy and Blitz! I would think they are coming out with quality products for the 350Z...
Old 10-12-2002, 10:31 AM
STLZ
Banned

Default Perfectly Satisfied

I have had no problems with my JWT. I love it and think it is starting to adjust better. When I first put it on I felt I lost power. Now I have had it on for 6 weeks and I feel better acceleration now. I have had no problems and never stalled once. LOVE THIS CAR!!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:19 PM
piggiehandcuffs
VO's GF

I have a Nismo intake apparently. I bought my 350 used, and found out today that I have 07 Nismo intakes. I've noticed no problems with it once so ever.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:25 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Holy batman - 8 year thread bump.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:06 PM
INTIMAZY

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by piggiehandcuffs
I have a Nismo intake apparently. I bought my 350 used, and found out today that I have 07 Nismo intakes. I've noticed no problems with it once so ever.

It feels like you just opened up some sort of timewarp.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:46 AM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by piggiehandcuffs
WTF is wrong with you? Sir.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:11 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I sometimes wonder if its a contest to bump the oldest thread.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:18 AM
piggiehandcuffs
VO's GF

I just realized the last post's date after I posted.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:20 PM
galant350z

Originally Posted by verdict.
Holy batman - 8 year thread bump.
lol, i want a time machine all of a sudden....

Quick Reply: Intake For Your 350z