Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Anyone try the Blitz LM Replacement Filter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 09:34 AM
tyoung88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone try the Blitz LM Replacement Filter?

Here's my delima. I have been thinking for awhile of getting the pop charger but recently stumbled upon this on ebay (link is to the online store of ebay seller)

Blitz LM

I've read that the Z intake tube as well as the intake box are well desgined and that the only real knock on it is the traditional paper air filter restricting flow. I've had some trouble in the past with oil from a K&N effecting the MAF sensor and therefore am hesitant to use the K&N drop-in and perhaps also the pop charger. From what I've read this blitz drop-in replacement filter does NOT contain oil and therefore should be safer for the MAF sensor.

The question I have for you guys is whether or not this drop-in will have any noticable impact or sound or performance.

Thanks!

Off Topic: Is the search function ever going to work again? I've been trying to search the forums re: info on the Blitz LM but it hasn't worked for weeks!
Old 04-06-2004, 09:38 AM
tyoung88

Here is a descrption of the filter from another site:

"The BLITZ® LM Intake System was design to reduce intake restriction and provide maximum filtration. The LM intake system was design to filter without any assistance of oil. (Oil can gradually disperse into the inlet tracks and coat walls of the air flow meter which can slowly reduce the performance of your vehicle.) The LM system was also design with a replaceable filter element. The LM intake’s filter element can be replaced at any time."

I guess something else to consider is that this blitz filter seems to be non-reusable to after x miles it probably needs to be replaced?
Old 04-06-2004, 11:01 AM
3rdpower

Cheaper, better, easier K&N Drop in. I'll sell you mine for $20 bucks. Used it for maybe 2,000 miles. It still looks brand new.