Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

New HKS Hi-Power Ti Exhaust (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 10:41 AM
Gabe35Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New HKS Hi-Power Ti Exhaust (pics)

Being a G35 Coupe owner I don't post much here. Here is a cut/paste of what I did on some of the G35 forums since it is for you guys also!:

This is HKS’s newest exhaust for the 350Z. It is part of the Hi-Power line. This version is a full dual Hi-Power Ti (Ti for titanium tips). I will explain how this relates to the G35 Coupe in a second. The system includes the “Y” pipe, but in this system it is more of an “H” pipe because each bank is kept independent in “true dual” fashion but are joined by a balance tube. I guess it still looks like a Y but whatever, you’ll understand when you see my pictures. The H pipe has flex pipes and resonators. After the H you get the dual intermediate pipe and the two rear sections. As you will see in the pictures it is full SUS304 stainless steel front to back with the exception of the titanium tips which have that cool looking heat discoloration. The piping is all mandrel bent and is 60mm (2.36”) diameter. The muffler diameter is 130mm (5.11”) and the tip diameter is 120mm (4.72”). Because it is full stainless it is under HKS’s 4 year warranty program. A key feature of this system is that it complies with the California vehicle code and is compliant with the 95DB sound pressure level limit. So if you get cited you can have it certified at one of those referee stations to be street legal. Another cool feature on the tips is that they designed them to be adjustable. They will fit flush on the stock bumper but can be adjusted out to match with a body kit that may extend the rear bumper! That’s why the tips have those bolts on them.

The most unique feature of course are those tuned resonators that are plumbed in before the mufflers. They made it possible to have a true dual system while passing the afore mentioned 95DB limit. They were also specifically designed to reduce the drone and rasp the VQ35 has between 2000 to 3000 RPM and I think they look cool. It just looks like something cool is going on there. For those of you who may not like that look, not to worry, as you will see on the pictures they tuck under the car and you can’t see them but I’m sure you will still appreciate their functionality. Ok, here is the sweetest part, average HP gains in testing with no other mods was 12 at the wheels. I think most of you experienced guys know that HKS doesn’t mess around and they are well respected. They aren’t known for inflating #’s, in fact as I stated on my Legamax exhaust post they usually report an average to be on the safe side, as to not disappoint customers. They haven’t been around for over 30 years for nothing. Price has yet to be released and ETA is around end of June for the 350Z. A friend of mine there says if the initial sales go well then they will make a version with a longer intermediate pipe and specific for the G35 Coupe.
If any of you guys are like me and are already drooling make sure to give the HKS sales department a call, ask some questions and let them know you would be interested in purchasing one should they decided to make it.
PICTURES!
Old 04-09-2004, 02:49 PM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

Pricing?
Old 04-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Wicked4u2c

Gabe didn't you have a SUPRA and worked for HKS? Just wondering, not to say that your doing some free marketing for them Trust me, Im die hard HKS fan here... Just wondering if this was you? yeah, that exhaust is SIC!
Old 04-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Gabe35Coupe

Ya thats me. I don't work there anymore though. I still whole heartedly believe they make the best parts and I hope that the fact that I don't work for them anymore but still feel passionate about thier parts says something. I try to keep my threads full of factual info about the products as much as possible since I have the resources to do so. As far as opinion goes it really is my opinion that I think that system is sick and I hope it's well recieved by the Z community because that means they will make them for the G coupe and I want one dammit lol! I used to have a Carbon Ti on my Supra:
Supra
my G:
My G35 Coupe
My Exhaust
My Suspension

You can searches on FA if you want to see the posts I did on the above products. I'm going to do more on thier Racing Suction Kit and Supercharger for everyone also if you are interested, look out for it soon. I'll start posting here more often if you guys would like. Did I meet you before? See ya.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:20 PM
ypwpat

what' that on the middle right exhaust? Looks like the third exhaust or something.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:23 PM
Gabe35Coupe

Default Re: New HKS Hi-Power Ti Exhaust (pics)

AFitch,
I was told MSRP price isn't finalized yet but it's going to be around $2,000 retail. I was told it was going to be priced cheaper on the retail than the Japan market version even though ours will include those silencer/resonator chambers and thiers will not, so that's good news.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:53 PM
ypwpat

So with the Resonator will reduce the Loudness of the Exhaust? Is that mean it's only as loud as the Nismo? or less?
Old 04-09-2004, 06:16 PM
Gabe35Coupe

YPWPAT,
Since you are in Australia I would assume most of the HKS distributors get their product from Japan and are selling the Japan market parts. I know since your cars are also right hand drive a lot of cars and parts come direct from there. I would assume you will likely see the Japanese version which would not have those units and be a bit louder unless you choose to order one from an HKS USA distributor. This version as far as I know is special for our market since some states like California have noise limits in thier respective vehicle code (state government). I have not heard the system yet but being a full dual I'm sure it's going to sound aggressive. I may get the chance some time in the near future to get a closer look at thier car. If possible you know I'll try to get a video clip. I was told that with out the resonators the system was over the California 95DB limit and now it doesn't peak over 92DB or so if that helps. If you are really interested call them to get the most accurate info. I remeber they had a section on thier site where you could actually hear some of the systems on the cars. Maybe you can request they take a sound/video clip the next time they have the car on the dyno or something.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:59 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

gabe, sweet exhaust! oh, and finally saw the vids from g35frenzy.com cool! still love those rims!

n1cK!
Old 04-10-2004, 07:45 AM
350zOnlineStore

The List Price on this exhaust are $2,595.00.. Let me know if you are interested, if so I can get a better price.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:12 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 350zOnlineStore
The List Price on this exhaust are $2,595.00.. Let me know if you are interested, if so I can get a better price.
Thats not the same exhaust. The one shown in your picture is the super expensive JDM exhaust. Gabe is referring to the new one shown at IAS which will be released shortly. Check out his pictures, they are not the same.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:16 AM
ranger5oh

That ehaust is sweet, I like the straight tips and angled cans.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Gabe35Coupe

Thanks N1CK. 350Zonlinestore, DJK is correct, this is a new system that is not out yet. I'm glad you guys like it because if it is well recieved they will make it for the G coupe as well (my car).

I was a bit mistaken earlier when I replied to Pat (the Aussie guy). The Japanese version is the one that 350Zonl just showed, so not only is our version a true Hi-Power (formerly known as Hiper) I was told by HKS it got a few more HP to the wheels. You see, HKS's USA branch also has development capabilities and this new system was designed and tested here by the USA R&D team, so it's specifically made for our models and will be sold here. Not sure if HKS Japan will sell it in thier market or not, and I kinda don't care, just glad we're getting it. Of course after the design and test model is done it is sent to Japan for production then production modles are shipped here, HKS doesn't always just put out what is sold for the JDM modles because they don't always fit the same or work as well. It's cool that they do all the extra development to ensure you're getting the best possible product. Hope that helps boys. Later!
Old 04-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

We're looking to stocking these as well when released... of course the first one has to go on my car... ahhh ... for testing.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:21 PM
ronald_m

Originally posted by Jeff@Performance
We're looking to stocking these as well when released... of course the first one has to go on my car... ahhh ... for testing.
I envy you.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:02 PM
Gabe35Coupe

It looks sick in person. I have a feeling it's going to be popular on the 350 which is cool for me, I want them to make it for the G coupe! They did some Racing Suction kit testing on my car, I'll let you guys know how that goes too.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:24 AM
saizzz

I can't find any info on this exhaust on the HKS site. Can anyone confirm this is a stainless exhaust with Ti tips vs. a full Ti exhaust? The price seems a little high for stainless....
Old 04-16-2004, 09:02 AM
MIAPLAYA

I dont know why but I can't make myself like these Ginormous tip exhausts. Seems like the tips are almost TOO big. Maybe its just the pics.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:30 PM
Gabe35Coupe

Originally posted by saizzz
I can't find any info on this exhaust on the HKS site. Can anyone confirm this is a stainless exhaust with Ti tips vs. a full Ti exhaust? The price seems a little high for stainless....
It is a high grade full stainless except the Ti tips, trust me. I saw it at the show (when I took the pictures) and I get my info directly from a friend at HKS. HKS is never the cheapest but I believe they make the best parts IMHO. You get what you pay for in this instance I would say. Titanium would be crazy though. For a system with this much piping ect I'm sure it would be pretty pricey.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:35 PM
___DJK___

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
I dont know why but I can't make myself like these Ginormous tip exhausts. Seems like the tips are almost TOO big. Maybe its just the pics.
I saw them in person, they are that big! I like em

Quick Reply: New HKS Hi-Power Ti Exhaust (pics)