Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Who's done what exhaust lately?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004 | 11:39 AM
kzshin

best one of the turbo so far should be Greddy EVO.
and I am sure when Greddy Racing Ti came out, that will be the best one for both NA and turbo.

Too bad, Greddy didn't bring the Power Extreme II to the US.
Old 10-05-2004 | 12:22 PM
alpine

Originally posted by kzshin
best one of the turbo so far should be Greddy EVO.
and I am sure when Greddy Racing Ti came out, that will be the best one for both NA and turbo.

Too bad, Greddy didn't bring the Power Extreme II to the US.
Yea I looked into the greddy, however I believe that brings more noise & the ricey affect for not any more HP to the rear wheels than I am getting now with the High Flow Cats & Stillen dual exhaust.

I also didn't want anything to do with Greddy on my car, trying to stay away from the commonality of it all, plus the quality concerns and issues that have arisen from their TT kit.

Any have the specs on the greddy exhaust kit? piping, tips, HP to the wheel?
Old 10-05-2004 | 02:09 PM
ZinMiami

Originally posted by alpine
Yea I looked into the greddy, however I believe that brings more noise & the ricey affect for not any more HP to the rear wheels than I am getting now with the High Flow Cats & Stillen dual exhaust.

I also didn't want anything to do with Greddy on my car, trying to stay away from the commonality of it all, plus the quality concerns and issues that have arisen from their TT kit.

Any have the specs on the greddy exhaust kit? piping, tips, HP to the wheel?
If you want a quality SS exhaust with HP gains that are similar to the rest but want to control the noise go with the Fujitsubo Legalis-R. The sound at idle and steady cruising is just a tad above stock. Actually to me it is quieter cruising at speed 70 MPH and above than stock. When you step on the throttle you get a deep, strong rumble that lets you know it's there! It is a very civilized exhaust. Gives the car an almost V8 rumble. I got the exhaust from gruppe-s along with their excellent private label y-pipe for $899 shipped. As for install, if you have ramps and jack stands you can install this in less that 2 hours with basic tools. I can really recommend this setup without reservation in light of your original statement desiring to keep noise down.

OOpps. Hadn't noticed you already got a system installed. I'll leave this info in case it can benefit anyone else that reads the thread.

Last edited by ZinMiami; 10-05-2004 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-05-2004 | 02:13 PM
bshotgun

Default exhaust

I have the Greddy evo2 $1000 shipped. Its not as loud as I thought it would be but it looks nice. Also there is no question about the quality it is a full stainless exhaust system that is not hard to install. The damn thing fits like a glove. In my opinion there is no ricey sound to the greddy evo 2 it has a low deep tone and you can barely hear it in the car till you stomp the gas.

Last edited by bshotgun; 10-05-2004 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-07-2004 | 04:12 AM
alpine

I'm hoping to dyno my car in the next week or so after the cats, exhaust, upgrade.

I had 240 at the wheels prior to this, so I should be seing at least 250, and hopefully 255.

Anyone else Dyno their car after exhaust mods? Let me know.

Next stop, APS twin turbo
Old 10-07-2004 | 07:18 AM
alininger2001

I have borla and I love it it has a deep tone that gets better and better with mods, mine sounds great with intake and headers. As much as I like borla, I would go with the APS exhaust if you get the APS kit, their stuff looks great, the TT kit, their plenum, their exhaust, it all looks like good quality stuff, some of the best I've seen so far.
Old 11-12-2004 | 08:25 AM
03redlineZ

I have the Stillen exhaust i got a good deal on it from a friend($500) it looks great it knocked me down to a 13.9 @100 so i guess i got some gain from stock, which I was running 14.1@99. I would like to turbo the Z in the near future and love the look of the one exhaust like on the "Blue Beast" turbo Z, i would NOT have bought the Stillen for the retail price its not worth $1200 just my 2 cents, good luck in choosing, the guys at performance Nissan are great to ask in depth questions about exhausts for the Z.
Old 11-12-2004 | 10:27 AM
Yavar350z

NISMO
Attached Thumbnails Who's done what exhaust lately?-mvc-246s.jpg  
Old 11-12-2004 | 04:46 PM
jtanaka215

Ive got the Power Enterprise s/s exhaust. It sounds almost identical to stock, maybe a notch louder, and has killer looks. Quality and fitment is superb. The only quad tip exhaust out there for the 350.

Only thing is its pretty expensive. And doesn't come with a Y-pipe.
Old 11-22-2004 | 06:57 AM
paso007

Default Greddy Evo 2

I have the Greddy Evo 2 installed on my track Z. Sound is very noticeable on the high rpms. It gives an amazing beautiful sound when speeding on the high way passing cars at high rpm, based on all those who have heard it pass by. As for the HP gains there is definitely extra HP gain... I feel this mainly on high rpms of course. For example one time I was just about flooring the gas pedal and as I was about to redline the rpm (I was almost at 6500 3rd gear) I kicked the gas pedal all the way and the car screamed and started slipping like a snake right before I up the gear to fourth... This definitely did not happen ever with stock exhaust. As for installation it fit like a glove with no hard work and no rattling or vibrations. The look? two big *** bazookas that scare the competition just by looking at them from rear... heheh

Last edited by paso007; 11-22-2004 at 07:00 AM.
Old 11-22-2004 | 08:02 AM
jester7500

Invidia G200. Only drove it for about 30 miles so far, so I can't fully guage the sound just yet. I'm going to break it in a little more before I really punch it.
Attached Thumbnails Who's done what exhaust lately?-img_0554reduced.jpg  
Old 11-22-2004 | 11:39 PM
itburns

Default NISMO

Nismo for a couple reasons:

1. Going with a Nismo theme for my Z.

2. Nismo "preserves" the original exhaust 'note' of stock Z, which gets so many rave reviews that the note itself is becoming a part of the Z33's new heritage. Like the Mustang 5.0, there are just some cars you know by the sound! The Nismo keeps that note, but makes it just a little throatier, a little louder and more pronounced; still recognizable as a Z33, though.

3. Really love the laser-etched Nismo logos on the tips, and the mirror-finish of the muffler.
Old 11-23-2004 | 07:56 AM
alpine

Default Re: NISMO

Originally posted by itburns
Nismo for a couple reasons:

1. Going with a Nismo theme for my Z.

2. Nismo "preserves" the original exhaust 'note' of stock Z, which gets so many rave reviews that the note itself is becoming a part of the Z33's new heritage. Like the Mustang 5.0, there are just some cars you know by the sound! The Nismo keeps that note, but makes it just a little throatier, a little louder and more pronounced; still recognizable as a Z33, though.

3. Really love the laser-etched Nismo logos on the tips, and the mirror-finish of the muffler.
Nismo theme is nice, I just don't do things like that myself, as I am trying to do what works for me regardless of how it does/doesn't look. But that is just me.

As far as sound goes, that is also another reason I went with the Stillen, as it does sound similar to stock, less now with the turbos in place, but it still sounds very nice.

and yes Laser Etching, very nice!