Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Installed a Fujitsubo Legalis-R exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 06:23 AM
ZinMiami

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed a Fujitsubo Legalis-R exhaust

Well I spent a couple of hours installing the Fujitsubo Legalis-R and the Gruppe-S Y-Pipe on Saturday. This is what I think and what I have observed.

Build quality on the exhaust and y-pipe is excellent. I was a little concerned about the Y-Pipe since I opted for the copy versus the real Fuji pipe. Well when it arrived I was immediately at ease. It is a beautiful piece. Excellent welds, and it is even pretty with a mirror like finish, not that anyone can see it.

It was all rather easy to install using ramps and jack stands. It helps that my 350 is only 2 months old so no rusted bolts, etc. The sound is exactly what I wanted. Slight increase in tone at idle and a nice powerfull rumble during acceleration. Cruising is also as hoped. Louder than stock but only barely. No droning! Its really more of a change in tone versus just being louder, if that makes any sense.

I would say it almost sounds more like a small V-8 versus the typical raspiness heard on so many Japaneese sports cars. Performance is a toughy. The only thing I can notice is the engine appears to rev more effortlessly so it must be flowing better. If the gains are there they are too low to notice. Even going by manufacturer specs these 2 items combined would give no more than 8 to 10 HP which is not going to be that noticeable.

So I really like the setup. It does what I wanted, has good quality and was priced right at $899 for the exhaust and Y-Pipe combo. By the way Gruppe-S was great to do business with. Max was helpfull and gave me this great deal. Thanks Max.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:54 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Congrats I love my Fujitsubo as well, and also got it from Gruppe-S about a year and half ago, the quality of the Fuji is amazing and I specially love those big tips, maybe we will see you around at meets in the area.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:27 AM
ragtopz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

zinmiami,

congrats also on your new setup. i actually think that the exhaust is slightly too soft in idle, but otherwise i am very happy with it. at first those tips were embarrasingly large. being that i came from mustangs, we used to tease people with tips like mine. however, the tips have grown on me and definately let people know that your exhaust is not stock. anyways, congrats again.

btw, once you change the stock cats for hi flows or test pipes, you should notice a change in performance. you should consider making that your next mod.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:09 AM
ZinMiami

Thanks for the comments guys. I don't think I will go with changing out the cats. I don't want to increase the sound levels any further. This was mostly a cosmetic mod. I wanted the little more aggressive sound but witihn limits which I got. The cats from what I have read may be too much for my taste. I will probably finish out with a Plenum change and the TS reflash if that ever becomes available for the 2004.5 like mine.

I read a post where TS recommended leaving the stock airbox and using only a K&N drop-in like mine. It said that is what they use when building out performance on their Z's. I would think they know a little something about the subject so that is the way I'm going. My goals are quite conservative. I want to raise the crank HP from stock 287 to ~300/310 crank HP. Not a big goal. Filter, exhaust, plenum and ecu re-flash should get me there.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:05 PM
deviant1

Nice, I plan to run the same exhaust setup on my G35 (already got the Gruppe-S Ypipe). I'm glad to hear it's a quiet exhaust, yet still provides gains.