Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Headers: Alphawerks Racing Development = +21hp/+15tq

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 03:43 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Victor @ Nexus,

It is NOT necessary to create 3-4 different threads on your headers.

Victor
Old 10-27-2004, 04:12 PM
Nexusindustry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
Hey Victor @ Nexus,

It is NOT necessary to create 3-4 different threads on your headers.

Victor
Mr. Wazowski,

Again my apologies. I just saw a great interest in this product we distribute and wanted to make sure I got all the questions answered that had been posted over the last week. Great forum BTW. Will you be at SEMA next week? If so let me know, we will be at booth #20169 and it would be great to meet an administrator.

Regards,

Victor D.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Losing Grip II

those are equal length headers? odd they dont look it but ill take your word for it.

p.s. Crawford Rule

john
Old 10-27-2004, 07:16 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Losing Grip II
those are equal length headers? odd they dont look it but ill take your word for it.

p.s. Crawford Rule

john
Old 10-27-2004, 07:29 PM
MY350Z.COM

MEDUSA!
Old 10-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Nexusindustry

Well you can lead the horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

The policy of Nexus Industry is to only promote the products and never to bring down other brands for their obvious flaws. I would just ask for any brand to do a side by side comparison with the Alphawerks Racing Development Header and the choice is Alphawerks, if it was not we would not import it and go through the trouble of R+D'ing every application for USDM models and then licensing Alphawerks to make products for USDM model only cars like the new products we have for the Scion tC that we will display at SEMA.

I will only promote the product by giving you all that you get with the header:
- Alphawerks Racing Developement 3-1 headers
- T-304 Stainless Steel (all tubing and flanges, if it is not stainless-steel it will be very suceptiable to rust and cracking, especially if you live in Florida with the humidity and salt water)
- Equal Length Runners
- Heavy Duty 3/8” (.375 inch) Thick Flanges
- 02 Sensor Mount to USDM Stock for Perfect Fit
- CNC Machine Flanges
- Machine TIG Welding
- Includes Gaskets
- Install without Removing Engine (Save hundreds by being able to install with ease)
- 1 Year Warranty on Header and all related components
- BEST OF ALL --> +21hp/+15tq across the entire RPM range, proven at an independent facility at 95.78 F on a totally stock 350Z.

Victor D.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:55 PM
MY350Z.COM

Originally posted by Nexusindustry
(Save hundreds by being able to install with ease)
BWUAHAH! No header is gonna install with ease on the Z.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:12 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

222 whp seems low for a stock Z-low imo is in the high 220-low 230 range. I dynoed 239whpstock. You are giving us the lowest baseline and the highest after the headers install. You guys prolly rented a dyno for an hour or more and did a bunch of pulls. What kind of numbers will these headers add to a regular person who can only dyno say 3 pulls? 20 whp is too good to be true, and you know how that saying goes....I have i/test pipes/plenum/pulley/exhaust and Im tuned with an ECU, and that "only" gave me 24 whp, I HIGHLY doubt these will give 20 whp alone. And just because you take it to a shop to dyno-it is not an independent dyno-I would love to see somebody buy these and do a before/after dyno who isnt affiliated with these guys, that is the true test...
Old 10-28-2004, 06:28 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Originally posted by Alberto
222 whp seems low for a stock Z-low imo is in the high 220-low 230 range. I dynoed 239whpstock. You are giving us the lowest baseline and the highest after the headers install. You guys prolly rented a dyno for an hour or more and did a bunch of pulls. What kind of numbers will these headers add to a regular person who can only dyno say 3 pulls? 20 whp is too good to be true, and you know how that saying goes....I have i/test pipes/plenum/pulley/exhaust and Im tuned with an ECU, and that "only" gave me 24 whp, I HIGHLY doubt these will give 20 whp alone. And just because you take it to a shop to dyno-it is not an independent dyno-I would love to see somebody buy these and do a before/after dyno who isnt affiliated with these guys, that is the true test...
your not the only skeptic. I would be highly amazed if those results could be repeated by an independent source. plus those are shorties, he is claiming even more hp when you add the test pipes on to it.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:03 AM
Road Warrior

well there's only one way to find out....now who's going to be the giniea pig?
Old 10-28-2004, 07:44 AM
JimRHIT

I will be the next guinea pig...

How's this for a porduct test.

Send me a set of headers.

I will pay for the install, and the six dyno runs (3 before, 3 after)

I will post any and all results to all forum members here and this will validate the product's performance.

If the dynos prove that these headers make the power you claim (within 10%). I will buy them.

If not, I ask that you fit the bill for the install/uninstall fees, but I will cover the dyno costs.

If you are confident in your product, this should be a no brainer for you....send em my way.

We have many reputable shops in SoCal that are more than qualified to do a professional installation on these, so that shouldn't worry you.

Sincerely,
Jim
Old 10-28-2004, 07:58 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Originally posted by JimRHIT

I will post any and all results to all forum members here and this will validate the product's performance.

If the dynos prove that these headers make the power you claim (within 10%). I will buy them.

If not, I ask that you fit the bill for the install/uninstall fees, but I will cover the dyno costs.

If you are confident in your product, this should be a no brainer for you....send em my way.

We have many reputable shops in SoCal that are more than qualified to do a professional installation on these, so that shouldn't worry you.

Sincerely,
Jim
sounds like an excellent way to get an unbiased review of them. and some advertisement on the forum. what do you think nexus?
Old 10-28-2004, 08:16 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by PoWeRtRiP
your not the only skeptic. I would be highly amazed if those results could be repeated by an independent source. plus those are shorties, he is claiming even more hp when you add the test pipes on to it.
Totally agree with you.

But me a skeptic on this, no I don't believe it period. And I've never just lightly pondered the whole issue either. That's who will get sucked into belief. Know your facts people, theirs lots of info you can read on design and lot's of previous posts on this board that can be read.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:16 AM
97modman

Originally posted by JimRHIT

Sincerely,
Jim

That sounds like a fair deal. like JimRHIT said this is a no brainer..
Old 10-28-2004, 08:17 AM
NismoKid

The only problem I see with Jim's offer is that his Z isn't stock (the gains from the headers were on a stock Z). The law of diminishing returns should show a decrease of gains with the addition of the headers to the other mods (maybe by more than 10%).
Old 10-28-2004, 09:31 AM
Nexusindustry

Originally posted by Alberto
Concerning the products you selected to install on your vehicle that only net 24 whp, I can not vouch for the performance of other products.

Alphawerks Racing Development horsepower numbers are given off what would be the median baseline run. Meaning we did not take the highest of the 3 baseline runs, nor did we take the lowest of the baseline runs. As for the after pulls, it was so hot at the dyno (96 F) that the car was overheating. Essentially, the after pull we show is the only one the car let us do without overheating. If anyone has any questions they can ask the owners of Power Toyz here in Florida who were also skeptical and so they went first hand to the dyno sessions. You can contact them at 305-256-1023 and ask for the owner Robert and he will detail exactly the power these headers released.

Lastly, I heard a rumor that the guys at Super Street know there stuff. Read up on the Super Street press release on the 350Z headers at http://superstreetonline.com/plugged/parts/130_0410_alphawerks/. There numbers were in the 10% range of our dyno. Lastly look out for a power pages review in Import Tuner in the upcoming issues.

As for the dyno testing independently, as soon as the headers hit in early December, I will more than happy to invite anyone from the forum to test the same model 350Z under the same conditions in Florida to keep the dynos standardized.

As for San Diego, I would allow it under the condition that he could schedule himself to be in LA where a company reprepensative would be present to dyno at a facility there.

If you want dynos of persons not affilitated with Nexus at all go to http://cl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153443&page=1&pp=25. His Acura-CL with our headers+intake gained +30hp/+16tq and that is on a 3.2 liter engine and an automatic. Stop doubting the potential of your 3.5 liter monsters under your hood!

But as many are skeptical of the power just look at the quality and who else has the major magazines testing their product? Again I am just here to give you the facts and the anwers.

Thank you once again for the opportunity to discuss the 350Z with all of you here.

Victor D.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:45 AM
bhamvett

Nice gains, and nice product!
Old 10-28-2004, 11:09 AM
Nexusindustry

bhamvett,

Thanks for the taking the time. This is the recognition that we work for day after day and why we bust our backs to make the product work the best in the market. If I did not believe this product was the best on the market I would not be involved with the products. Hopefully I can get one of my distributors to get you a killer deal on a set if you are interested. If you have any questions just please let me know.

Thanks again,

Victor D.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:43 AM
kzshin

where does the hearder made from?? Japan?? or USA?? The quality looks very good.

What kinda gas you use for Dyno testing??? 91octane?? or 93 octane??
Old 10-28-2004, 11:58 AM
zparts

Originally posted by Nexusindustry
The policy of Nexus Industry is to only promote the products and never to bring down other brands for their obvious flaws.
How can you say that when you have just said this...

Let me repeat, unlike some other headers YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REMOVE THE ENGINE.

Quick Reply: Headers: Alphawerks Racing Development = +21hp/+15tq