Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Headers: Alphawerks Racing Development = +21hp/+15tq

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 06:43 PM
ChromiumBlue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont think that the ebay ones come with a warranty, this raises ?'s, but then again i didnt ask the seller if it comes with a warranty either. please nexus, respond.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Nexusindustry

All our pieces come with a one year warranty. We require all of our distributors to sign a contract that they will adhere to certain customer service requirements of the warranty if they are to remain our distributors. Basically, if the distributor does not honor a valid warranty claim, then he loses his distributor status. So you can see we take warranty and customer service extremely seriously.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Nexusindustry

Originally posted by ChromiumBlue
i dont think that the ebay ones come with a warranty, this raises ?'s, but then again i didnt ask the seller if it comes with a warranty either. please nexus, respond.
I believe the ebay item is sold by Power Toyz. Power Toyz is an authorized distributor of the Alphawerks products and therefore the product would come with warranty.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:51 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by seanrulz
Hasn't this been a problem in several threads that turned out to be really ugly before? (For example, hfm's request for complete 3rd party independent dyno for Crawfords plenum) It was just ridiculous to look at some people's dirty name calling against their competitors or who questioned the Crawfords' product. And even though all the products Crawfords offer is awesome and they are located only 4 hours away from where I live, I get turned off every single time when I see a thread like this.

Geez, take it easy and let the God Damn product speak for itself. We will eventually find it out if this is the one great product or not.
Good memory Sean. Hopefully everyone will keep things civil.

Headers in General

I clicked on this thread out of curiosity and find it's similar to a lot of threads involving headers. My view remains the same, headers plus labor intensive installation costs make it an inefficient normal aspiration modification.

Borla headers offered nominal gains. The Nismo/B&B headers did okay on daytona350z's car. Crawford headers have the support of many owners but I don't recall seeing independent dynos and they are very expensive. I'm sure Chris will correct me if there is an independent review. DC headers are more affordable and the gains I've seen posted about them were reasonable.

These Headers
I'm sceptical of the gains posted on this thread because as mentioned, the stock numbers are low. Additionally, a person who is doing headers is likely doing other N/A mods. We know that what ends up happening after doing the basic intake, exhaust, pulley and other good $/hp mods is a rwhp limit of about 255 rwhp. When you get to about 255 rwhp, the expense to go any higher isn't worth it because you should be looking at FI alternatives instead of expensive mods like cams and headers that eek out 10 or 15 more hps to get to a 270 rwhp which is about as high as I've seen. Another way to look at is if you look at my mods and I've dynoed at 256 rwhp, putting on these headers won't get me a peak of 277 rwhp. I might be lucky to get a bump to 260 rwhp and 5 hp for the price of the headers and installation doesn't make sense.

Nexus, you're going to have to do a third party independent test by a respected forum member. JimRHT's offer is just what you need to prove up your claims. And, regardless of what a magazine says or you saying the header is a product of "true racing development," until members see independent reviews, your hp results remain - claims. By the way, this community keeps track of "true racing development" and know when Xerd headers are being used on downshift's racecar. Which race team used your headers?

Hopefully you have a good part. If so, and if it's proven, you'll get customers. Until then, you're another manufacturer with a 33 post count that needs to earn our trust. Good luck.

Last edited by hfm; 11-08-2004 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:54 AM
JimRHIT

Thank you HFM.

My offer is still on the table Nexus ... if you want to work out a deal ... I will head up to your chosen place in LA or wherever ... just let me know
Old 11-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Slideehoe

Gooooooo JIM!.....lol....hey man if you do become the test subject ill go check your car out with you
Old 11-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Nexusindustry

INDEPENDENT TEST BY MY350Z MEMBER:

Nexus has tested this header independently and R+D'd it extensively. The following is a post from the original dyno car which also is a member of your forum. We have also submitted our headers to Import Tuner Magazine for own project 350Z. The results will be published in Feburary. They are extatic about the quality, power and fitment.

I honestly do not believe that anyone has more information and independent dynos than we have. Again this a fact that we are extremely proud of and hope that we can all continue to develop quality products for the 350Z...

LOOK BELOW...

Originally posted by COJ_General
If you guys want, I am the owner of the 350Z they tested and installed the parts on. I am located in Miami, FL and if anyone is in the area and wants to check it out, PM and we can meet up. I will tell you though, the car is running incredible!!!! I am more than satisfied with the work that they have done and I would recommend the headers to any 350Z owner!!!! I will give a full review on how the car drives when I get it back (got into a hit and run situation but the car will be back this week!!!!!). But if you are in the South Florida Area and want to check it out, feel free to contact me.
Victor D.
Nexus Industry, Inc.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:48 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Victor,

Good job having an independent do a review. I didn't notice that someone already was a test mule.

Reading COJ_General's posts, he seems like a nice youth. What happened with his baseline dyno that reported 225 hp and 274 tq - impossible for a stock Z?

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=91980

The scan he was going to produce didn't show-up.

There was only one other forum member who had similar off-kilter results:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=49767

Does COJ_General have a 5AT? If so, that would explain the low hp due to drivetrain loss. And, how many other charts do you have available that we may examine for comparison? We can write off the prior dyno as a bad result especially if you have the range of dyno runs posted that support your claims.

So far, looking good Nexus. I don't have any further comment and wish you folks good luck.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:29 PM
Nexusindustry

hfm,

I know that I only have so many posts on this forum because I only came on here in response to the thread on the header dyno. I hope to be here answering questions for a long time for you guys, and in time develop a relationship as the best distributor support possible. As for the 5AT I will follow up on that for you because I am in the headquarters in Cali and the dynos were done in FL.

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
Old 11-08-2004, 09:39 PM
GY-Z

as someone mentioned, you cant compare dyno #s from different place.
and if you want to compare it, low 220 whp is possible.
i got 236whp w/ only amuse Ti exhaust, Ti-ypipe and test pipe.
so i'd say my stock is around low 220whp too..
here is my dyno graph.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:49 PM
GY-Z

Originally posted by GY-Z
as someone mentioned, you cant compare dyno #s from different place.
and if you want to compare it, low 220 whp is possible.
i got 236whp w/ only amuse Ti exhaust, Ti-ypipe and test pipe.
so i'd say my stock is around low 220whp too..
here is my dyno graph.
and i got a track package, so 6mt.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:56 PM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

GY-Z

You also might be a bit low b/c of those big brakes...although gorgeous and functional, between they and the plus sized wheels, you probably lost 10 hp.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:16 PM
GY-Z

Originally posted by 350Zenophile
GY-Z

You also might be a bit low b/c of those big brakes...although gorgeous and functional, between they and the plus sized wheels, you probably lost 10 hp.
actually i dyno the car before i swapped on the brake.
and my tc2 is 18" and under 8kg each wheel, which is even lighter then my track package wheel.so no, i dont think i lost 10whp because the heavier rotational mass.
PS. thanks for the compliment.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:45 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Should have known you were a lightweight junky sportin' the Ti exhaust!
Old 11-10-2004, 12:45 PM
GY-Z

Originally posted by 350Zenophile
Should have known you were a lightweight junky sportin' the Ti exhaust!
you know now!
Old 11-19-2004, 05:13 AM
solja

any recent news?
Old 11-19-2004, 05:57 AM
windydog

Hi Victor,
I saw your Dyno graphs and I am a little confussed. I thought the car in the stock form put out around 240-245 whp. I see from your graphs the car puts out 220 ish whp and with your product ups it to 240 ish whp. I thought that you usually take the stock HP and take a reduction of around 20 percent.
Thanks!javascript:smilie('')
javascript:smilie('')
Old 11-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Nexusindustry

Originally posted by solja
any recent news?
DYNOS:::::
As for dynos...A my350z.com forum member, COJ_General, has dyno'd the headers in Florida and will verify the dyno numbers. His car did the 20+ hp numbers and he loved the increase in performance till he crashed his car! We greatly appreciate his help and the continued support of all members here at my350z.com

AVAILABILITY:::::
The latest update on the 350Z headers is that they are going to arrive from Alphawerks in January.

Alphawerks is sending us a container of Acura CL/IS 300/WRX headers arriving in December.

The second container will be only 350Z headers and 350Z test pipes. This lands here in January.

A third container comes in Feburary with our brand new Scion tC headers. We are the first on the market with these headers which is a testament to the true R&D that we do.

Victor D.
www.nexusindustry.com
Old 11-20-2004, 06:30 AM
windydog

One other question Victor. Do you plan to also dyno test using 91 octane gas. I live in Crapafornia and only has access to 91 octane. I would be curious to see the delta in the two numbers.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:27 AM
downforce

Any mention if they are street legal (emissions legal) especially for California?

Quick Reply: Headers: Alphawerks Racing Development = +21hp/+15tq