Interior Seats, shift knobs, etc.

FS: Silver Steering Wheel Plastics

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 05:52 PM
tonester1011
CF God

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver Steering Wheel Plastics

These came out of my 04...In great shape no scratches or chips...Has the buttons for cruise control but the wire is cut...Asking 75 bucks shipped.
PM or text if interested...732 754 0423

Old 04-25-2011, 01:55 PM
accord5speed

how did you take those things off?
Old 04-25-2011, 02:13 PM
JDMStanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 help us
Old 04-25-2011, 07:36 PM
tonester1011
CF God

I changed to a momo wheel years ago...just a couple screws holding these on while the wheel was off the car...not sure tho if the wheel does have to come off.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:13 AM
accord5speed

i'm just gonna repaint mines, but i cant seem to get it off, where is the screw? can i see the back of it?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Lrn2Go

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by accord5speed
how did you take those things off?
To remove the silver pieces... do the following.

1. Remove small round plastic caps on the right and left side of the steering wheel (where it goes towards the dash).

2. Once those are out of the way, remove the "safety" torx screws. This will let you pull out the middle of the steering wheel (the air bag).

3. At this point... you have 2 options. A. You pop off the "fronts" (the silver part) of the switch/plate area (easy, but lots of little parts are going to fall out and are easy to lose).

Or B. You take the 2 phillips screws out from behind said plates (behind the steering wheel), and remove the entire steering wheel (by removing the large nut in the middle and, if needed, using a steering wheel puller) to gain access to the 2 additional screws (if I remember correctly) and remove the entire switch/plate assembly.

When painting my plates... I did option A.

Last edited by Lrn2Go; 04-26-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: added quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:07 PM
JDMStanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

which year is that wheel? my 05 steering wheel's "front" can't be poped off like in the pic. It looks like it needs to be slid off toward the center (air bag).
My silver "front" looks like OP's.
do you know the size of the torx?
Old 04-26-2011, 02:39 PM
accord5speed

thanks so much for the picturs!! that helps out alot! its nice to see someone that doesnt say "use the search function" lol cuz i couldnt find a clear answer
Old 04-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Lrn2Go

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure the OP is thankful for the free bumps... but I'm derailing this thread away from the fact that this is a "for sale" thread. This will be my last post here in this thread out of respect. Please feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Originally Posted by JDMStanced
which year is that wheel? my 05 steering wheel's "front" can't be poped off like in the pic. It looks like it needs to be slid off toward the center (air bag).
My silver "front" looks like OP's.
do you know the size of the torx?
I'm not sure I follow what you're asking exactly. My steering wheel is from an '08... but I'm pretty sure there is no difference between wheels on any of the years (other than where the lettering was on the switches). There is a difference in "trim" levels. 2 silver "plates" is a base, 1 silver "plate" on the left and cruise controls on the right "plate" is the Enthusiast/Track/Etc, and the silver plate on the left with audio controls and cruise on the right "plate" is the touring/grand touring.

The airbag removes via this hole (theres a plastic cap you pop off to gain access to the screws, one on each side).

After the screws are out, the airbag/center will slide out towards you. Mind the wires and plugs and all that as you slide it out. Once you have it out you'll see what I'm talking about when I refer to the "clips" on the side silver pieces.

These parts will come out (with tiny plungers and all) of either side that has switches. Be careful, go slow, and keep them all together. I used a ziplock back.

The torx bit (if I remember corrrectly) is a T30H (the kind with the "security" hole in the middle)

Originally Posted by accord5speed
thanks so much for the picturs!! that helps out alot! its nice to see someone that doesnt say "use the search function" lol cuz i couldnt find a clear answer
Anytime. Glad to help when I can. I firmly believe in the "search" function... but it sure is nice to get a little help when you need it.

Last edited by Lrn2Go; 04-26-2011 at 04:46 PM.