Old 12-08-2002, 01:26 PM
golfman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us posted on your progress.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:47 AM
onecoolee

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default My take...

I have to agree with Ziscoming...the CD portion of the system is much better than the FM. However, I still feel the system lacks. I do have the overboosted bass issues even though my Vin is out of the TSB range. My bass is not overboosted when a CD is playing, but my volume seems to change level.

I think this is all related to the stupid audio pilot. I may either remove it, or look into how it works, and manually set the level by disconnecting it, and installing a seperate circuit for feedback to the HU. This circuit should keep the system bass at a constant level, if I think I understand how the audio pilot works.

I have my doubts that Nissan is going to pay for a Rockford system, so I still have my own upgrades planned, but it would be nice to see a little cash back on what we thought was going to be alot better than it really is...I think the head Unit is decent, but from what I heard the speakers are crappy paper cone jobs, and anyone with a Touring model knows the woofer is extremely weak. I honestly think we can greatly improve the highs and make a marginal improvement to the low end by upgrading the speakers to something of good quality (seperates). I have to admit that it would be nice to have a little equalization, say a 5 band slide ? As far as the overboosted bass with fm, and audio pilot issues, we may be stuck until Nissan gets a REAL fix figured out. I do know that if enough people complain, they will have to do something...especially if they ever want to sell anymore TOuring Models...

Delivered 11/25
CS TOuring 6MT Loaded w/ NAV + Earthing Kit, White side markers, K&N Filter, and soon to be PS2/DVD.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:06 AM
dveous

Default Bose blew the deal

I finally found a black touring with burnt orange leather for under MSRP. We were doing the paperwork when I took a final test drive and sure enuf...the radio sucks beyond belief.

I refused to pay 36 grand for car with such a crappy stereo. As nice as the car looks and rides this is not acceptable under any condition.

I gave them back the key and said..forget it..and RAN out of the dealership.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:12 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Bose blew the deal

Originally posted by dveous
I finally found a black touring with burnt orange leather for under MSRP. We were doing the paperwork when I took a final test drive and sure enuf...the radio sucks beyond belief.

I refused to pay 36 grand for car with such a crappy stereo. As nice as the car looks and rides this is not acceptable under any condition.

I gave them back the key and said..forget it..and RAN out of the dealership.
If this a true story and you actually passed on a Z UNDER MSRP, then you need to call 1.800.NISSAN and tell them you didn't buy because of the horrific Bose system.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:17 AM
dveous

Default For reals

This happened yesterday at a Nissan dealer in Reno, Nevada. These guys were great and the car looked awesome. BUT...the radio is not acceptable.

BTW..if you are in the market for a gorgeous black touring 6sp with burnt orange seats, navigation, splash guards, side impact air bags, basically the works except for the aero package, AND A SHITTY STEREO, contact these guys. They will sell it at MSRP or just a tad below.

I felt bad leaving but after all...i'm the one who will have to listen to this radio for years to come. NO THANKS!
Old 12-10-2002, 09:42 PM
Mr Fairlady

Well,.I don;t have a touring,..but mine is great except for the rear speakers,..but thats Common in just about all cars!
I will replace the rears soon w/ some gay 6 1/2's and it will sound perfect!!!
Integras we're like that and so on,...all the front speakers in cars now are great,.and The rears always Suck,..so I'm kinda glad hearing what the probablems w/ that BOSE speaker I didn't have to pay for!

My RSX-S BOSE system was nice for the kinda music I listen too,.but not for someone who Rolls around bassin' all damn day!
The Stunnas need not apply for the RSX BOSE stereo,..sounds the same w/ the 350,..but for the price you would think that it would be AWESOME!!!!