Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

How's your clutch feel?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 04:09 AM
bwilliams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The clutch pedal linkage has an over-center spring, which means that when you ajust the height of the pedal, you'll also change the force of the pedal. The adjustment numbers from the service manual (link shown above) may be used as a guide. I moved my pedal down and the force also went down, and the clutch is much easier to operate.
I have not done this yet but you can also replace the sloppy pivot pin with a self-fabricated larger diameter pin to eliminate additional freeplay from the pedal.
There is a recent thread with pictures for adjusting the pedal.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Stabber

Originally Posted by droideka
This is NOT, I REPEAT, NOT a "the sky is falling" post about something wrong with the Z. Michael-Dallas and I drove each others cars this evening and there was a marked difference in clutch feel between the two cars. My clutch is slightly heavy with a progressively heavier feel as your travel throughout the range of the pedal. Mine also has a lot of "spring" on the up stroke when you let off. Not bad, but different than Michael's. His clutch on the other hand was lighter and very linear throughout the travel. It didn't "pop" at the end of it's travel when letting off the clutch. I actually liked the feel of his clutch better for rev matching.

So, how would you describe the feel of your clutch?
My clutch is exactly like this. I hate it
Old 06-30-2005, 08:16 PM
dza00

My clutch is a little springy near the top. I really wish the clutch was overall stiffer by maybe 1.5 - 2 times. This would help with rev matching and driving ease by far I think; IMO its a little light for a sports car.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:52 PM
03FIDDYZ

Iv had my car for like 2 months now and still when switching from 1sr to 2nd sometiems ill be like really jerky and seems like im just starting to learn stick, kinda bugs me