Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

WON LAWSUIT!!!!! NO MORE Z FOR ME!!!!! (Details Inside)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 09:51 PM
mxpx_8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WON LAWSUIT!!!!! NO MORE Z FOR ME!!!!! (Details Inside)

I am happy to report that as of last week I have won my suit against Nissan North America. They are buying back my Z for full purchase price, paying my lawyer fees and relieving me of one POS car!!!!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has made posts in regards to the tire feathering issue. I really appreciate the help. It paid off in the long run for me.

On a very funny note: I never once replaced the tires on my Z. Soo what that means is that they are getting their crap car back with worn out tires. But hey…they told me ‘it is normal for tires to wear like that/this on sports cars’. So I guess they are going to keep those tires on the car

Good luck to anyone else who is looking to offload their lemon of a car. They did not even put up any type of fight in my case. My lawyer said that class-action suit helped my case because Nissan more-than-likely would not call one of their technical experts to the stand because their testimony could set a president for the class-action suit.

If you are on the fence about suing I would recommend going for it. I only took my car to the dealership two times. Both times they would not help me so I sued and won!

Last edited by mxpx_8; 07-16-2005 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:09 PM
grifferjr

Originally Posted by mxpx_8
I am happy to report that as of last week I have won my suit against Nissan North America. They are buying back my Z for full purchase price, paying my lawyer fees and relieving me of one POS car!!!!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has made posts in regards to the tire feathering issue. I really appreciate the help. It paid off in the long run for me.

On a very funny note: I never once replaced the tires on my Z. Soo what that means is that they are getting their crap car back with worn out tires. But hey…they told me ‘it is normal for tires to wear like that/this on sports cars’. So I guess they are going to keep those tires on the car

Good luck to anyone else who is looking to offload their lemon of a car. They did not even put up any type of fight in my case. My lawyer said that class-action suit helped my case because Nissan more-than-likely would not call one of their technical experts to the stand because their testimony could set a president for the class-action suit.

If you are on the fence about suing I would recommend going for it. I only took my car to the dealership two times. Both times they would not help me so I sued and won!
WOW!!!!

all i can say is i feel sorry for you. i know you got the outcome that you wanted but i also know that you are missing out on one hell of a car!!!!

good luck with your next purchase.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:03 AM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's what you won on, the feathering issue? what was your build date? what are you getting next?
congrats on your victory over nissan.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:28 AM
WangZ808

I love my Z..too bad you had issues with yours
Old 07-17-2005, 03:43 AM
Jaki

Originally Posted by WangZ808
+1

Anyways, Congrats.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:52 AM
ZBoater

+1 too.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:23 AM
mxpx_8

Originally Posted by grifferjr
WOW!!!!

all i can say is i feel sorry for you. i know you got the outcome that you wanted but i also know that you are missing out on one hell of a car!!!!

good luck with your next purchase.

Thanks! Yes the Z is a good car overall. Its just that mine had the tire, trans, axle, and other issues. Too much for me to care to deal with. I'm just glad that not everyone has one or all of them.

Thanks angain
Old 07-17-2005, 09:27 AM
mxpx_8

Originally Posted by Z BOY
that's what you won on, the feathering issue? what was your build date? what are you getting next?
congrats on your victory over nissan.
Feathering issue / Breach of Warrenty is what I won on.

Build date is 07/03.

Thanks for the congrats! I'm very pleased for sure!
Old 07-17-2005, 09:28 AM
mxpx_8

Yea it is a bummer but I guess any make or model of car is prone to have issues. In my case Nissan was unwilling or unable to fix them. So now they have thier car back!
Old 07-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Zexy

Wow..Sucks to hear how things went with the Z, but at least you got your $ back! And thanks for being cool and not be a troll like other members on this board. They sell their Z, say what a POS it was and brag about their new car and like like it's the **** and say how much better it is than a Z.

What's up for next car?

Last edited by Zexy; 07-17-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Z BOY

so what are you gonna buy with all that money?
Old 07-17-2005, 03:00 PM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Sued and 1 as well but $ not a new car.
What are you going to get now?
Old 07-17-2005, 03:29 PM
imoz

My suggestion is look into buying a used Z that has already been tricked out with built motor and forced induction etc. Buy someone's project Z.

Or look at a used C5 vette.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:50 AM
da_cheif

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

firgit it.......buy a 2005 sl600.....twin turbo v12.......the ultimate.....snort
Old 07-23-2005, 05:54 AM
Z BOY

right here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4563197776
Old 07-23-2005, 08:13 AM
SekZee

Originally Posted by Z BOY
nice one
Old 07-28-2005, 01:40 PM
tacomaboy

Originally Posted by mxpx_8

Congrats man, I considered it, but I didnt want to go through the hassle.

I ended up trading it in for an S2000, I suggest you consider one, its at least as much fun as my ol Z!
Old 07-28-2005, 07:39 PM
da_cheif

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

the 2000 imo is neat but there is something missing......looks like a mouse for one.....in fact...i almost bot a 2000....until i saw the Z.....an 03....no tire problems.....only problem was a clutch that burned out in 10 k.....went to jwt...and the drivers side power window that needs some encoragement once in awhile to operate....the dealer told me they will replace the window motor any time....no sweat....im sorry i didnt get a 3m bra tho...... its black with g35 crhomed wheels and borla......i live tween wash jobs but man o man.....i luv the looks........snort