Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Need Help Quick.....TRANS!!!!!!

Old 12-11-2002, 03:27 AM
j's350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Quick.....TRANS!!!!!!

Has anyone had the transmission swapped yet or is Nissan telling you they want to try something with your car????? I know alot of people spoke about the problems with the trans but what has been the outcome..My 3rd gear syncros are shot. The dealer told me at first that they were going to swap the whole trans...Now they are telling me to bring my car in on Friday cause a tech from Nissan is coming down and wants to "TRY" something on my car and then test it with me......This sounds alittle fishy to me...If anyone can assist me or offer me your opinion, I'd appreciate it........

Jason
NJ
Old 12-11-2002, 04:29 AM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe they want to try that Clevis thing that another member has changed???
I would still demand that at least third gear and associated synchros be replaced due to damage already inflicted even if they do fix the cause on Friday.
Old 12-11-2002, 05:45 AM
CoachZ

Default Re: Need Help Quick.....TRANS!!!!!!

Originally posted by j's350z
Has anyone had the transmission swapped yet or is Nissan telling you they want to try something with your car????? I know alot of people spoke about the problems with the trans but what has been the outcome..My 3rd gear syncros are shot. The dealer told me at first that they were going to swap the whole trans...Now they are telling me to bring my car in on Friday cause a tech from Nissan is coming down and wants to "TRY" something on my car and then test it with me......This sounds alittle fishy to me...If anyone can assist me or offer me your opinion, I'd appreciate it........

Jason
NJ
It's not so fishy...the techs came out last week and put a new Clevis in my car. See https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=13149
for more details. I'll be able to tell you this evening how the new tranny works out. The new clevis is helpful in reducing the grind but did not eliminate it entirely -- though I had the grind for almost 3000 miles, so I'm sure the tranny was shot.

The techs will ask you a bunch of questions and explain everything they're doing -- it's actually kind of fun.
Josh
Old 12-11-2002, 06:26 AM
j's350z

Thanks for the replys so far.......I am kinda nervous that my car will never be the same if they have to keep messing with it...Is their anything I can do to ask for some sort of compensation(like an extended warranty or something)...Maybe its just my dealer I'm nervous about, first they mounted my front plate which they knew not to, then when my trans was getting checked out, they said they fixed my greasy windows, but their back, and they couldn't find a problem with my loose, annoying drivers seat... Maybe I'll talk to the GM before I go down......

Jason
NJ

Search this Thread