Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

unknown rattling. need your opinions plz.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 08:18 PM
Ztalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

regarding the rattle........the rattle started within a few months after i took delivery.IT WAS annoying as hell.....everyone riding in the passenger seat was complaining about that metal "clicking" "rattling" noise coming from the rear, it was most noticeable when the pavement surface wasn't ideal....the rattle would go away sometimes ....especially when it was raining or wet outside. But it kept coming back. Our Nissan service manager was scratching his head for over a month before they located the defect..they had some idiot riding in the back with the hatch closed to listen to the rattle. It went through a process of eliminations...they first suspected the left rear strut before they realized there were too much play between the upper mounting strut bracket and the inside rear fender..They installed some rubber paddings in between and the rattle completely went away. They had to disassemble all the plastic rear panel so many times that i lost count.....they also scratched big time the inside passenger window in the process and they had to replace it....the idiot who replace the strut ordered the wrong strut...............some idiot ended up replacing the rear hatch strut instead...........Man,i am telling you...IF YOU LOVE YOUR Z >>>DO NOT TAKE YOUR Z IN FOR SERVICE UNLESS IT'S SOMETHING MAJOR YOU CAN NOT FIX YOURSELF..