Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

MY 350Z Right Pulling issue fixed

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 03:31 PM
Pitlizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY 350Z Right Pulling issue fixed

I hope that your Nissan dealer is fixing your right pulling problem. I believe that mine is fixed. Mike Wade, Master Technician, at Palm Nissan in West Palm Beach Fl. put my Enthusiast on the alignment machine and found that both front wheels were out several degrees to the right and one back wheel was out of alignment. What a difference now, the 350Z is actually fun to drive at highway speed for the first time.

I really thought that my problem was in the tires, which has been the case for several. Proper tire pressure (35lbs) and an alignment seems to have fixed my right pulling issue.

If your still having this problem, please keep me posted on your progress to resolve the pulling issue, there were around 50 of us on various forums who have reported this issue.

Thanks Mike.
Old 12-15-2002, 03:40 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Default Re: MY 350Z Right Pulling issue fixed

Originally posted by Pitlizard
I hope that your Nissan dealer is fixing your right pulling problem. I believe that mine is fixed. Mike Wade, Master Technician, at Palm Nissan in West Palm Beach Fl. put my Enthusiast on the alignment machine and found that both front wheels were out several degrees to the right and one back wheel was out of alignment. What a difference now, the 350Z is actually fun to drive at highway speed for the first time.

I really thought that my problem was in the tires, which has been the case for several. Proper tire pressure (35lbs) and an alignment seems to have fixed my right pulling issue.

If your still having this problem, please keep me posted on your progress to resolve the pulling issue, there were around 50 of us on various forums who have reported this issue.

Thanks Mike.
no disrespect, but i think you were lied to...

the alignment on the Z cannot be adjusted, without replacing components. did he put new control arms in? something else maybe?

the service manual suggests to check the alignment and if it not in spec values, to replace parts.

i am wondering if they actually replaced parts, and if so, which?

m
Old 12-15-2002, 06:09 PM
CottonWoodz

You can fix the toe, not the camber. And with the toe out of spec, you will pull to the right or left, depending on the Toe being in or out.

The Toe is fixed by turning the Tie rod ends in or out.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:00 PM
lemans_sunset

Well I have same allignment problem since I got my Z in August, we were two friends who ordered them together. The other one was Daytona Blue (base), He is driving a SC 430 now because he took the car to Maroone Nissan in Kendall and they Messed the car up instead of fixing the right pull. Here's what he wrothe in one forum:-

"I recently purchased a 350 Z. It has had a steereing pull to the right since delivery. It has gone to the original dealer twice and they supposedly fixed the problem which instead they made it worst. Plus they damaged a cross plate undeneath and put a dent in the undercarriage which stripped the undercoating right down to bare metal.
I have contacted Nissan (the car has a file) and they told me to take it to another dealer which crossed rotated the tires and realigned the car. Now the car seems to wonder all over ther place. Nissan wants me to take it back to the original dealer so they can replace and or repair the damage they caused. Since they screwd up the car initially I told Nissan I did not feel comfortable with their decision. I have asked for a new Z which might sound unreasonable, but how does a flunky dealership repair something that was done at the factory by robots.
Nevermind the days I have lost from work to nurse Nissan's problems. The Z has 800 miles on it and I am ready to throw in the towel.
A friend of mine and I bought Z's at the same time. Mine is blue and his orange. His has the same pulling to the right problem. He is overseas at present so I am keeping his car in my garage. His has 600 miles on it. I have been emailing him of all that has happened to my Z and he is the one that put me on to your web site.
If you have any suggestions we would both apreciate it. I am at the end of my rope with my situation, he is dreading to start correcting his Z's problems.
Thank you, Bob."

What did he do with his Z? He got so dissapointed and frustrated that he traded it in and picked up SC430.
After this experience, I'm not taking my Z to any dealer till they send something fom Nissan or The get the 03 updated machines for allignment.
Old 12-19-2002, 02:57 PM
LA-Z

Sounds terrible. My car has no pulling to the right problems, or tranny, or sqeaks (#869 off the line). I hope these are isolated