Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Bose question

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 04:48 PM
davez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose question

Hey guys I just got my Z(touring) the other day and had a question about the Bose stero. Did a search could not find any real answers. Is the Audio Pilot still in the system, there is no option to rasie or lower it like my girlfriends 2003 Altima. and also i dont hear the radio getting louder when accelerating, besides the fact the system really sounds shity, to me there' s not enough treble. is there a fix or did i get a new even suckier system.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:34 PM
ZCARDRIVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up my touring z in the beginning of dec. I think the stereo I got with the car has to be the updated version of the bose system. Contrary to what everyone else says, I really think it sounds pretty good. No, I am not deaf. Yes I do have a concept of a good system. I have a 500 watt system in one of my cars, and a 450 watt system in another of my cars, and a stocker delco in one of the others. I believe as of now, the audiopilot is being left in. The audiopilot is not a speedadjusting system that just gets louder the faster you go. It is supposed to sample the interior sound waves and make appropriate compensations for and lacking frequencies. That's my lameman's explaination. I think you can look up "audiopilot" and hit the bose explaination. More technical stuff there I think.

Old 12-17-2002, 08:54 PM
the_bode

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

My new Z was built in October according to the sticker, so it must be one of the newer ones off the assembly line. I like the Bose system a lot--didn't experience any of the bass problems many are complaining about. I also heard some say that after they had their amps fixed the bass/treble controls stopped working--I wouldn't know, mine seem to work fine.

Overall I am very happy with the sound quality (of course I had been driving a '96 Civic for seven years with stock audio...).

I agree with the poster in that the AudioPilot doesn't seem to do much at all. I usually listen to the radio at around 12-15 volume in city driving and around 17-20 on the highway.

Cheers,

The Bode

---

2003 350Z Touring (La Mans Sunset / Burnt Orange / everything except aero kit)