Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

New BOSE info

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 06:06 AM
AndyC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New BOSE info

Take this for what it's worth.
I visited my local dealer today for a quick oil change (600 miles on break-in). My Z was built in November so it already has the fix that Nissan implemented for pre-September models.

Like everyone else, the audio sucks and I mentioned this to the service department. They said that the retrofit for pre-September cars was really just a stop-gap measure to cure the volume problems. They stated that Nissan was aware of the issues despite this fix and are working on a real solution to the sound quality (most likely new amps). So maybe there's hope after all.

Andy
Old 01-14-2003, 06:27 AM
flyzmd80

Default Re: New BOSE info

Originally posted by AndyC
Take this for what it's worth.
I visited my local dealer today for a quick oil change (600 miles on break-in). My Z was built in November so it already has the fix that Nissan implemented for pre-September models.

Like everyone else, the audio sucks and I mentioned this to the service department. They said that the retrofit for pre-September cars was really just a stop-gap measure to cure the volume problems. They stated that Nissan was aware of the issues despite this fix and are working on a real solution to the sound quality (most likely new amps). So maybe there's hope after all.

Andy
I hope so,but let's keep the pressure up. Premium should be just that. Don't give up the fight.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:41 AM
ZEyeDoc

Default Re: New BOSE info

Originally posted by AndyC
They said that the retrofit for pre-September cars was really just a stop-gap measure to cure the volume problems. They stated that Nissan was aware of the issues despite this fix and are working on a real solution to the sound quality (most likely new amps). So maybe there's hope after all.
Andy
I got the same feeling from a conversation I had with Nissan CS. My guess is that they will come through and are working on the problem now.