Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Fixed my belt noise.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Fixed my belt noise.

i had a ur crank pulley installed awhile back. one of my belts started making a noise. not overly loud but still very annoying. it was a gyrating hissing sound. read blurb some where about belt conditioner spray, so i picked up a can pepboys. few sprays later the noise is gone. it says on the can that your suppose to lube up the belts every 3k miles. never knew this was even needed but im a believer now. guess i will lube my belts after every oil change now.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Ztalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexx
i had a ur crank pulley installed awhile back. one of my belts started making a noise. not overly loud but still very annoying. it was a gyrating hissing sound. read blurb some where about belt conditioner spray, so i picked up a can pepboys. few sprays later the noise is gone. it says on the can that your suppose to lube up the belts every 3k miles. never knew this was even needed but im a believer now. guess i will lube my belts after every oil change now.
belts are not supposed to make any hissing noise if the proper tension is maintained. i also had to re-adjust the belt tension a few weeks after the UR pulley installed to eliminate the squeaking. All new belts will give a little when first installed. Loose belts only make embarrassing noise however over tightened belts will damage the bearings in no time.