Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

"Z"Problems in Houston Area...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 05:24 PM
Chase_Houston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Z"Problems in Houston Area...

Anyone experienced any of the following problems. If so please share your comments as to what was done to resolve the problem.

1. Rattling noise from transmission. Dealer and Nissan acknowledged noise, could not detect problem. Answer from Nissan, car is new product - noise does not prevent transmission from operating.

2. Clutch slips or sticks. During sprited driving the clutch will stay engaged as I am shifting gears. It's kinda difficult to explain, but its a problem.

3. Brakes squeak/squeal during braking.

4. Grease on the windows. After cleaning the windows and then rolling them down at a later time and there will be grease on both interior door windows.

5. Remote keyless entry will not unlock the passenger door at times. Sometimes I will press the unlock button several times before it will unlock the passenger door.

Any and all comments and or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chase
Chrome-Silver Performance 350Z in Houston, TX
Old 03-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Moroccan_Mole

everybody has the grease streaks on the windows, a tsb to fix it should be coming pretty soon.

as far as the clutch, ask howard (apexi350z) he had this happen to him once i believe.

do a search on the site, you should be able to answer all of your questions this way. there is way more info on this site than your dealer will be able to give you, heh.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:40 PM
vova151

Chase_Houston

I have the problem with the lock on the passenger side not openeing. I have to hit lock then unlock to get it to work. I saw a post on this the other day and I think they said it was a problem with the actuators only unlocking halfway. Not sure if you did a search but you can find out lots of info using it. All this stuff has been hashed and rehashed for the most part.

I see that you are in the 1960 area. What part? I grew up near Spring. 1960 and Kuykendahl.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:11 PM
MaxZmus

Issues:
Grease on windows - Nissan Service said he would order the parts to correct the problem. He said there is a TSB coming out soon and there is some sort of teflon piece that needs to be replaced.

Tire feathering - Nissan Service has order two new front tires and have correct the alignment.

Bose Amplifier - Amplifier has been replaced with new (remanufactured) amp -- huge improvement!

Passenger Door Lock - I have noticed a few times that the passenger door did not unlock -- I thought it was me (should have known better)!

Several rattles yet to be identified.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:43 PM
Chase_Houston

Unhappy Update - Replace Transmission

I took my car into dealer this morning, the transmission noise = bad transmission(per Nissan) = dealer must install new transmission. I'm not happy. I would like a new car, since I have been complaining about the transmission making a funny noise since day one. But what can I do......nothing, the transmission is under warranty and they are replacing it. I should have known better. The dealer I bought the car from(whom I made aware of the noise when I first got the car) acknowledged the noise, but told me not to worry about it and they kinda made me feel as if I was the buthead for complaining and as if I was making a big deal out of nothing. Well, I was freakin right....I knew something was wrong with the transmission, but I did not think that they would have to replace it. Sorry for rambling.

Z you later,

Chase
riding in a freakin piece of galant from some low-grade rental car company.

Chrome-Silver Broken Down 350Z Performance model.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:56 PM
stx

Chase, I know exactly what you mean when you said the dealer made you feel like a butthead for complaining. My dealer made me feel the same when I told him my car was leaking oil.

Hopefully everything goes good with your new tranny
Old 03-15-2003, 10:59 AM
Chase_Houston

Thumbs down Update - 350Z Transmission on backorder!

The dealer just informed me that it will be at least two more weeks of being without my "Z" due to 6-speed manual transmissions on backorder.

Old 03-17-2003, 11:31 AM
zeroday

Default Re: Update - 350Z Transmission on backorder!

Originally posted by Chase_Houston
The dealer just informed me that it will be at least two more weeks of being without my "Z" due to 6-speed manual transmissions on backorder.

um...backorder meaning lots of Z trannies are going...

I'm having flashbacks to when my 02' Acura CLS tranny went at 1500 miles. Can't anyone build a tranny anymore. wtf.