Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

NNA, you better STEP THE F**K UP and address this feathering issue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 06:52 PM
mwr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I'll save the paper flood for round 2 or 3!
Old 11-12-2003, 07:26 PM
jomaxum

Join the club gang. You should read the posts on the Bose issue with the Touring Z. Same problems, same garbage except they have a "fix", but won't give it to most Touring owners. Some get new amps, others get the run around. I have called, E-Mailed, written letters, but the same response. They will not replace the amp in my Z. So if they do come up with the "fix" for the tire issue they will use the same approach of divide and conquer. Fix some but not all and mitigate the problem from a PR standpoint. They probably have a fix for the tire issue but it is cost prohibitive so they won't implement across the board. Cheaper to replace a few tires than change the entire front suspension, sooner or later your tire issue will be out of warranty and you will be on your own. They win, short-term anyway. Sooner or later this will get out and the sales will go down the tubes, but so will the resale value of this car.

I have 2,000 miles on my Z with no tire issue. Mine was made in March of 03 so maybe they fixed the problem on the later models.

I wish you all luck and feel your pain. This is the last Nissan I will ever buy and a have owned over 20 new cars in the last 30 years. Nissan had a great thing here but they screwed it up.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:11 AM
2Fishy4U

Wink

Aside from the first few production runs I don't belive Nissan screwed it up. I have had the constant windows streaks, questionable alignment and perhaps tire feathering at 6,000 miles. My dealership is willing to address all these issues, although I told them tol eave the window streak alone.

Prior to the Z I owned a Vette and that damm thing drove me nuts. More rattles then a pick-up truck, and constant problems with varous lines and hoses including the brake lines. The bottom line is GM's original equipment wears out faster. A vette owner I know you complained about the quality of his car was once tolde be a GM service manager to remember the damm thing was only a glorified Chevy.

So, I deal with the few Z problems.

Ironically, my son is a GM Tech who advised me to go with the Z.
I took that advice and do not regret it.