Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

2 problems! please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006 | 10:55 PM
mondi

Default 2 problems! please help

number one..my windows work fine but when the windows are fully down and u tap it up, the windows automatically go up, but for something reason the right one goes and and the left door seems to act like it does and then doesnt..like it goes up and down real quick. i have to hold it up for it to work.

#2 this happened recently, for some reason when i speed, and i acceralate in 2nd,3rd,etc, the rev stick just blasts up when i acceralate like if its on neutral and then goes down and then picks up, and no im not acceratin while the clutch is down, this is happenin normally, and then it starts to smell, is this a problem with my clutch or can someone tell me wat could be the problem. I cant seem to speed now because i have this problem. i cud be in 4th gear and its at 3000 and then i pound the pedal and it justs jerks to like 6000rpm and then lowers, and the smell starts to come
Old 12-25-2006 | 10:59 PM
Sean

ok, some window motors/ switches have gone bad

also, it sounds like slipping clutch, glazed perhaps? did you often beat on the car? release the clutch slowly at high rpm alot?
Old 12-25-2006 | 11:27 PM
mondi

wat do u mean by slippin?

i hardly ever speed...i dont race..but sometimes i do like to aceralate..and i dont know how to explain...#1 i was readin some forums of how the clutch grinds in 3rd, that happens to me sometimes. #2 i just acceratalte and when its time to shift i press the clutch and then shift to next gear and when i start to let go of the clutch i start to aceratle also, not while the clutch is down but while its bein almost released. i can be goin at lets say 50 on 4th and then i go to fifth and i aceratatle..the rpm when u release the clutch is at lets say between 3-4krpm..and then lets say i want to just have a speed burst so u will press the gas but the rpm stick doesnt flow with the acceralation, it acts like if it was on neutral and goes to like 6k real quick and then starts to lower...i hope ur understandin wat im tryin to say
Old 12-25-2006 | 11:28 PM
mondi

i dont release the clutch slowly at high rpms either
Old 12-25-2006 | 11:31 PM
Sean

Originally Posted by mondi
wat do u mean by slippin?

i hardly ever speed...i dont race..but sometimes i do like to aceralate..and i dont know how to explain...#1 i was readin some forums of how the clutch grinds in 3rd, that happens to me sometimes. #2 i just acceratalte and when its time to shift i press the clutch and then shift to next gear and when i start to let go of the clutch i start to aceratle also, not while the clutch is down but while its bein almost released. i can be goin at lets say 50 on 4th and then i go to fifth and i aceratatle..the rpm when u release the clutch is at lets say between 3-4krpm..and then lets say i want to just have a speed burst so u will press the gas but the rpm stick doesnt flow with the acceralation, it acts like if it was on neutral and goes to like 6k real quick and then starts to lower...i hope ur understandin wat im tryin to say
It is hard to understand, but the text I made bold is what I susspect is the issue, you basically caused the tracktion of the clutch to wear away....kind of like taking a torch to sandpaper and making glass....the smell is usually a sign
Old 12-25-2006 | 11:43 PM
mondi

wat should i do? #3 this is another small problem but when i lock my door. it doesnt beep anymore, the lights flash and it locks but no sound..why is that. im takin my car tomorow to carmax where i bought it and let them know about the 3 problems

so wat are u sayin..do i have to release the clutch completely after shiftin to the next gear and then aceralate, or while i am releasin do i start to aceralate. this is my first stick car and ive never had a problem till recently, maybe its me, maybe its not.
Old 12-25-2006 | 11:49 PM
Sean

did you just buy the car used? I can't help with numer 3
I do think the way you shift is your clutch issue but you need someone to help you in person....you foot should be off the clutch in under 2 seconds, particularly if you are on the gas at the same time
Old 12-25-2006 | 11:56 PM
mondi

i am usually off the clutch in less than 2 seconds especially while pressin the gas(is this at all times, on a stop sign ill hold the clutch to get the feel to get ready to take off, or when on neutral)

cuz sometimes i might be slowing down and ill just put the car on neutral, not at high rpms, usually lower than 3k and ill hold the clutch to get ready to shift if needed and if not ill just brake, is this bad? i dont acceratale, i just feel like i hold the clutch so i just have to shift and then release it
Old 12-25-2006 | 11:57 PM
mondi

i bought the car used, 2004 at 40k miles
Old 12-26-2006 | 12:05 AM
Sean

Originally Posted by mondi
i am usually off the clutch in less than 2 seconds especially while pressin the gas(is this at all times, on a stop sign ill hold the clutch to get the feel to get ready to take off, or when on neutral)

cuz sometimes i might be slowing down and ill just put the car on neutral, not at high rpms, usually lower than 3k and ill hold the clutch to get ready to shift if needed and if not ill just brake, is this bad? i dont acceratale, i just feel like i hold the clutch so i just have to shift and then release it
that all ok......but loss of power and buring smell, need to get clutch checked at shop....wish I could help more, but I have never replaced a clutch (although I have one starting to slip and intend to replace it-95 240sx)
Old 12-26-2006 | 12:07 AM
mondi

thx homie for the help, ima crash and i gota wake up in 4 hrs. ill take it to the the dealership and have them check everything. peace
Old 12-26-2006 | 04:54 AM
MasterRacer

Well sorry to tell ya but the dealer won't do you much justice here.
They may or may not charge for diagnostics, ask 1st lol some dealers are real
a holes bout it! Please also bear in mind that these are wear and tear items and is not covered by warranty. If you recently purchased the vehicle take it back to the dealer where you got it and tell them that they sold you a car with transmission problems, see if they will do anything for you.