Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

regarding my steering wheel? help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007 | 09:00 PM
kobekevin

Default regarding my steering wheel? help!!

one month ago,i turned the car too much,so it hid the side of the road. the steering wheel was askew,so i took the car back to dealer for reparing. they did the 4 wheel alignment. the steering wheel is straight now,but sometimes when i stop the car for red light. the steering wheel turned itself to right or left automatically,so i took back to deal and they fixed it. the steering wheel is tight now than before, but it still turns right by itself. how can i solve this problem? i just bought the my z less than one year.the dealer can fix it or i go to another auto shop?
Old 01-25-2007 | 09:05 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW
Premier Member

keep going back its free.. i think mine does that too but not extreamly. i hit or went over a big big dip here in LA of course and sometimes steering wheel goes to the right but not all the time.. it could be that the street is sort of slanted
Old 01-25-2007 | 11:12 PM
done12many2

You may need to perform some type of Exorcism on that Z man!

All jokes aside, are you saying that when you stop at lights, the steering turns to the right completely on it's own? How far does it turn?
Old 01-26-2007 | 05:36 AM
stein

If there's grooves in the road your wheels will tend to pull left/right. You need see test the driving & braking on a flat straight road.

I drive through a few roads that are uneven (not by much either) and the car seems to pull pretty drastically depending on how I am positioned in the grooves. On flat roads it is fine, even slamming on the brakes it keeps straight.
Old 01-26-2007 | 09:25 AM
StewartZ

maybe you need air in on eof your tires that could be why when your stoppin git pull you to the right side